Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: redhandefender on December 04, 2017, 11:22:56 PM
Quote from: ose 14 on December 04, 2017, 10:38:42 PM
could anyone roughly suggest  how much of club tyrone finance goes to the coaching and development of underage players in tyrone. id like to compare that to the preparation of the county senior team and its facilitators. has anyone ever seen these figures. would the mickeytaker for example get more spondoolicks than the kids of tyrone? no fabrication please.

You have little to be at but its all available, have you contacted club tyrone?

Is it not taken for granted that Club Tyrone is specifically for Garvaghey and the senior team? Anything else is lucky to recive funding from club Tyrone?

ose 14

id rather contact my club rep after the financial report from the county treasurer but the breakdown of the figures is never detailed maybe we dont need to know this?
im sure the 100k from the good old usa recently collected was retrieved on the promise that  most of it goes on the childer of tyrone on coaching on developing the game in the golden plains of augher ardboe and aghyaran. somebody must of had a percentage breakdown of this when they presented it to the sons of tyrone ensconsed in trump land or is it a total faith thing.
we were sold the story that dublin kerry mayo and even donegal spend more on their senior county team after our annihilation by dublin. what might have been more pertinent was to compare what these counties spend on coaching their kids.
garvaghey county team as this thread title suggests is the only thing that matters in our county. clubs kids grassroot gaa if you like dont matter no more(the clubs develop and contribute more to the kids than garvaghey). somebody made the point that they both need each other to survive. the grassroot in this county survived through many dark days politically economically and culturally over the years and there was no garvaghey or all irelands. i think we know which one needs to be developed as the other has been polished repeatedly and it still looks like a ....

Up The Middle

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 04, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
i see damian harvey from teamtalkmag has been nominated and intends running for county chair in upcoming convention. has roisin jordans term expired yet? she has 3 years done as far as im aware.

Once Harvey gets in Harte will have free rein to do as he pleases. Be prepared for fixtures to be all over the place again next year. You can say what you will about Roisin Jordan but at least she never bowed down to Harte, she has in my opinion performed a seemingly impossible task very well.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

skeog

You will be missed Damian according to TTM seems like a foregone conclusion.

longballin

Harte will have all the ducks in a row if Harvey gets in. He'll have the run of the Tyrone GAA

The Bearded One

Wih Damien Harvey standing, Michael Kerr as current vice chair standing (assuming so??) and Roisin Jordan's intentions not clear...is there a chance of a 3 way shoot out? There will be a lot of jockeying for positions this year it would seem.
It is what it is. Presumably.

southtyronegael

A quick glance at Damian harveys twitter page confirms he is totally pro Harte. Which also confirms my suspicions regarding ttm county coverage. Who gets to vote on this at the convention?

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 05, 2017, 09:39:22 AM
A quick glance at Damian harveys twitter page confirms he is totally pro Harte. Which also confirms my suspicions regarding ttm county coverage. Who gets to vote on this at the convention?

Only those involved with GAA clubs in tyrone, so unlucky!

The Trap

Your are having to do a lot of defending these days redhanddefender...........did you ever stop to think why that is?

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on December 05, 2017, 11:29:56 AM

your actually wrong smartass, most people involved with clubs in  tyrone will have no say whatsoever.

chieftain

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 05, 2017, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on December 05, 2017, 11:29:56 AM

your actually wrong smartass, most people involved with clubs in  tyrone will have no say whatsoever.

If you are a member of your club, you can go to the club agm where you can vote on your county board representative / chairman / secretary etc. Who will then represent your club at the county convention. So actually you can have a say by a number of ways. I suppose the only way you cant have an actual say is by sitting on an online forum.

redhandefender

Quote from: The Trap on December 05, 2017, 11:34:05 AM
Your are having to do a lot of defending these days redhanddefender...........did you ever stop to think why that is?

Defending what, its a complete mess and county very divided but some of the hysteria from usual suspects on here is laughable!

The Trap

Ok I am with you on this one, the county is very divided.

Anyone got any ideas on how unite to everyone, even STG?  Surely that is what we all would want......

southtyronegael

Its my wish also that we can heal the divisions. We won't be winning any all Irelands unless we do and I'm sure everyone on here wants what's best for the county. You have to ask though, where does all this division stem from?

Tyrone Gaa

County Board is elected at convention, each club is represented by 2 delegates as far as I know both with an eligible vote. There will be some canvassing done in the next few weeks. Personally I've stated on here the good work Team Talk do but I wouldn't want them running the County board there needs to be a divide. Jordan isn't deadly either. I'd like the see someone with a bit of sense run for the top job like Mark Conway, pro Harte or anti Harte means little to me at this stage he got 3 years and won't leave before that. It's what a new person can bring to the role in those 3 years I'd be concerned about.
Living the dream!!!