1995-1999 music thread

Started by RedHand88, November 19, 2023, 03:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Seen the more mature members of the board at this craic so felt the 30 somethings deserved a go.
Best song from this era?

I'll start the ball rolling...

https://youtu.be/5LBnMRWeV-E?si=y2zozl9XmzosM7ew

AustinPowers

Blur - Song 2

Supergrass - Late in  the day

The Fun Lovin' Criminal

Puckoon

Golly, great thread - but the missing years 91-94 are going to lose some showcasing!

Song 2 - A most unfortunate success from a band that was significantly better than that effort!

Tony Baloney

Common People. 1995 was the year I started dating the now wife. Dropped a can of beer in The Crescent and got it over her shoes. It didn't put her off and had a wee dance to Common People.

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 05, 2024, 08:50:09 PMCommon People. 1995 was the year I started dating the now wife. Dropped a can of beer in The Crescent and got it over her shoes. It didn't put her off and had a wee dance to Common People.

She told you that her Dad was loaded?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on February 06, 2024, 03:51:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 05, 2024, 08:50:09 PMCommon People. 1995 was the year I started dating the now wife. Dropped a can of beer in The Crescent and got it over her shoes. It didn't put her off and had a wee dance to Common People.

She told you that her Dad was loaded?
;D  it was probably some muck like Carling Black Label rather than a rum and Coca Cola.

sensethetone

The Original- I love you baby
JX- Son of gun & Nothing I won't do
Unique 11- Love lines
Any Binary Finary
Chicane
Café Del Mar
Sash -Mysterious times
Underworld- Born slippy

Anyone ever listen to the radio station N-Joy in the 90's?

bennydorano

Rez is such a much better track than Born Slippy, 1993 tho & never was radio friendly at 9 min odd.

lurganblue

Anything off Californication by the RHCP. I played that album to death.
Slim Shady LP
Bits and Pieces

trailer

tbrick18

Loved the Crescent - despite the ownership.
That tin of beer was probably 18months out of date and the sawdust would have soaked it up.
Manys a good night had in there. Belfast was never the same after it "closed".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 06, 2024, 11:17:40 AM

Loved the Crescent - despite the ownership.
That tin of beer was probably 18months out of date and the sawdust would have soaked it up.
Manys a good night had in there. Belfast was never the same after it "closed".
The Ownership and the fact that you were just metres away from entering proper dodgy territory near that Rangers Club etc.

AustinPowers

Quote from: lurganblue on February 06, 2024, 09:23:19 AMAnything off Californication by the RHCP. I played that album to death.
Slim Shady LP
Bits and Pieces

My brother used  to play that album over and  over .  Used to drive me mad , as  I couldn't stand them.  Such  a hyped up band

JoG2

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 06, 2024, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on February 06, 2024, 09:23:19 AMAnything off Californication by the RHCP. I played that album to death.
Slim Shady LP
Bits and Pieces

My brother used  to play that album over and  over .  Used to drive me mad , as  I couldn't stand them.  Such  a hyped up band

I wouldn't usually be critical of any band or musician, fair play to them, they're out there giving it a rattle, but RHCP actually make my skin crawl. Pavement, Mudhoney, STP, Nirvana, Jane's Addiction etc, all mighty bands from around the same time, but RHCP, naw