Ladies football

Started by ExiledGael, May 07, 2007, 03:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay in to watch ladies football?

Yes
65 (52%)
No
60 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Fuzzman

I thought there were previous examples of a point not being given (or the opposite) and the match being replayed in the men's game?
Did this not happen this year in the Christy Ring final?

With the evidence as clear as it is from the TV replays then why do they not have a good case?

sambostar

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 26, 2016, 02:13:44 PM
I thought there were previous examples of a point not being given (or the opposite) and the match being replayed in the men's game?
Did this not happen this year in the Christy Ring final?

With the evidence as clear as it is from the TV replays then why do they not have a good case?
Christy Ring was different - a point was awarded correctly but not added to the scoreboard. Dubs shouldn't be crying, point was in the 1st half & they were by far 2nd best in the 2nd half. Only for a last second penalty they were well beat.

Standard was brutal apart from some great scores in the 2nd half by Cork FF

Canalman

Thought the tackling in the game was excellent.

Kicking points from distance a big problem for both teams yesterday. Cork have some defensive set up. Always seemed to have 7 or 8 players around the D when Dublin were attacking.

Hound

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 26, 2016, 02:00:49 PM
Just seen the "point" there for the first time. How on earth did the umpire at the far side of the goal not see it? It's baffling how you could miss that. He had a perfect view of it going between the posts. To be honest the ref should have seen it as well but one of the umpires was directly behind it. And for once he actually looked like a relatively young fella rather than an OAP.
That umpire definitely did see it. He couldn't not see it.

The only explanation is he was too shy/cowardly to over-rule his colleague who signalled wide straight away.

Big mistake, but I don't think there's anything the GAA can do about it. Mistakes happen all the time, and some of the Dublin players made mistakes that cost us points too. I guess Cork could technically offer a replay, but very unlikely.

Zulu

The point that wasn't was very disappointing from a Dublin perspective and really shouldn't have happened but Dublin can blame nobody but themselves. They dominated much of the game and although Cork got players back they should really have been able to create and take more scores.

thebuzz

I didn't see the two earlier games but the one thing I did like in the Senior game was the lack of free kicks which normally make football so stop - start.

I don't know the reason for this but if they could have kicked more scores I would have found it a very enjoyable match.

Hound

Dublin have confirmed they are not appealing

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hound on September 26, 2016, 06:47:05 PM
Dublin have confirmed they are not appealing

Doesn't seem like Cork were going to give them a replay anyway even if they did. Would have got messy.

Jinxy

Heard the interview the Cork manager gave and he came across very badly.
No need for the sly little dig at the Dublin manager.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on September 26, 2016, 10:14:13 PM
Heard the interview the Cork manager gave and he came across very badly.
No need for the sly little dig at the Dublin manager.

He may be a very nice fella, but very few would think so after that interview.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Tough on Dublin. In 1995 we didn't appeal either.,

Wildweasel74

Cork would beat them again anyway, they have this Dublin teams no, besides maybe the forwards should look at themselves, they had plenty of ball first half but didn't put it on the board

Wildweasel74

Some laugh some men querying the fitness of the ladies in the game, i say the majority are fitter than any of the clowns given out about them on here!!!
How can they be at the same level as men football when they don't get the funding, perks, time of work, the financial backing that the men`s game gets.

sid waddell

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 27, 2016, 10:39:33 PM
Some laugh some men querying the fitness of the ladies in the game, i say the majority are fitter than any of the clowns given out about them on here!!!
How can they be at the same level as men football when they don't get the funding, perks, time of work, the financial backing that the men`s game gets.
Of what relevance is the fitness of posters who question the levels of fitness in women's football?

So the women don't "train just as hard as the men"?

So why the constant claims they do, which is obviously wrong?

Zulu

People are refuting your unproven, unsupported claims which wasn't that they simply don't train as hard as the men by the way.