Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 02:15:55 PM
I didn't see your post milltown it had moved on a page and i didnt go back...
it is nothing to do with homosexual relationships - the same can be said for American Beauty - it targeted man girl relationships.... yes granted 17 isnt as bad as 14 but where do we draw the line or will the line be drawn?
someone asked the question if i fancied someone in their mid 20s when i was 17 - of course.  I also fancied girls in their mid 20s when i was 14! It doesn't make it right....
If this lad was 16 would be ok? in your book for that lad in Lurgan to meet up for sex? (is the legal age in Ireland 16? I don't even know)...
Interchange boy for girl there too - Lurgan was the last one I watched and it was close to original home of Armagh so I was interested a little more than normal

The guys on facebook use 14 year olds, which is against the law, if someone is 17 (boy or girl) then thats legal.. anything under the age of 16 would be against the law, has been since 2008 I think...

What are your talking about? Have you heard of Tinder and other dating sites, I'd say the most are aged 17 up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2018, 02:46:23 PM
it is nothing to do with homosexual relationships - the same can be said for American Beauty - it targeted man girl relationships.... yes granted 17 isnt as bad as 14 but where do we draw the line or will the line be drawn?
someone asked the question if i fancied someone in their mid 20s when i was 17 - of course.  I also fancied girls in their mid 20s when i was 14! It doesn't make it right....
If this lad was 16 would be ok? in your book for that lad in Lurgan to meet up for sex? (is the legal age in Ireland 16? I don't even know)...
Interchange boy for girl there too - Lurgan was the last one I watched and it was close to original home of Armagh so I was interested a little more than normal

The guys on facebook use 14 year olds, which is against the law, if someone is 17 (boy or girl) then thats legal.. anything under the age of 16 would be against the law, has been since 2008 I think...

What are your talking about? Have you heard of Tinder and other dating sites, I'd say the most are aged 17 up
I have heard of tinder-  no reason to obviously use it - happily married with 5 kids - so are lads in their 20s and 30s hooking up with 17 year olds? (genuine questions by the way) I suppose it is another debate/thread.... the connection i'm making is the age of consent and how some nearly encourage going over that line...or walking it either side very closely...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

general_lee

Dating apps like tinder are 18+ which is why some people take issue with the predator groups using them to target suspects

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on January 25, 2018, 05:35:26 PM
Dating apps like tinder are 18+ which is why some people take issue with the predator groups using them to target suspects

Facebook has an age rule on it also, completely ignored..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2018, 02:46:23 PM

I have heard of tinder-  no reason to obviously use it - happily married with 5 kids - so are lads in their 20s and 30s hooking up with 17 year olds? (genuine questions by the way) I suppose it is another debate/thread.... the connection i'm making is the age of consent and how some nearly encourage going over that line...or walking it either side very closely...

Never used it, but I used to teach 16/17/18/19/ and 20 year olds, plenty of those lads used it for dating, lads of twenty dating 16 year olds happens what's your point?

If someone is 16 and the age of consent is 16 they can have sex, consenting sex! Who's encouraging that?

I've two teenage daughters and a 20+ son, if you bring them up correctly with morals and common sense then they are equipped to deal with life, they'll hit a few bumps along the way, as we all did.

you would have been as a 16/17 year old once? So if a twenty something made advanced you'd have taken an interest?

Why are you bringing 30 year olds with 17 year olds into it? The film is a 17 year old and someone in their 20's, early twenties.. would a 40 year old and 30 year old relationship raise any eyebrows?

The Iceman

what about a 60 year old and a consenting 16 year old?  I checked the write up on that film and its 25 and 17 (ages of the man and teenager)
if 60 and 16 is ok whats really wrong with 30s and 14? Obviously I don't agree with this at all - just asking the question to challenge thinking on it and figure things out for myself too on how i view the age of consent and how that constitutes right and wrong...  it's age 12 in the Philippines. 13 in Japan. 14 in Germany.

Point being there are differing opinions all over the world on what is acceptable and what isn't - do we follow the rule of law in that particular jurisdiction - say Philippines for example and let some old man take a 12 year old girl down that path?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 06:48:39 PMwhat about a 60 year old and a consenting 16 year old?  I checked the write up on that film and its 25 and 17 (ages of the man and teenager)
if 60 and 16 is ok whats really wrong with 30s and 14? Obviously I don't agree with this at all - just asking the question to challenge thinking on it and figure things out for myself too on how i view the age of consent and how that constitutes right and wrong...  it's age 12 in the Philippines. 13 in Japan. 14 in Germany.

Point being there are differing opinions all over the world on what is acceptable and what isn't - do we follow the rule of law in that particular jurisdiction - say Philippines for example and let some old man take a 12 year old girl down that path?

Because 14 is f**king illegal here

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2018, 06:51:42 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 06:48:39 PMwhat about a 60 year old and a consenting 16 year old?  I checked the write up on that film and its 25 and 17 (ages of the man and teenager)

I'm just asking a question Gabe  - I mentioned other jurisdictions - and you've nothing to be chiming in on in Canada in fairness - anything goes up there

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 07:07:38 PM

I'm just asking a question Gabe  - I mentioned other jurisdictions - and you've nothing to be chiming in on in Canada in fairness - anything goes up there

What?

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2018, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 07:07:38 PM

What?
My apologies - I reacted to Gabes animosity instead of playing the ball

haranguerer

Iceman is spot on in raising all this though - its interesting, and probably very telling. There are a lot of inconsistencies in how things are dealt with. For one thing, paedophilia is a sexual interest in pre-pubesecent, but the term is used (because its the worst term that can be used) across all platforms, incorrectly, for anything under the age of consent.

Its clear there are no hard and fast rules for any of this - age of consent differs across Europe, and even in our own society I'm fairly sure theres a policy that even if one is above age and one below, they only look into it if there is more than 4 years age gap.

I guess its hard to legislate, which has to be a hard line, for peoples development, which inevitably are soft lines, but as Iceman points out, there are a lot of nuances here, which the witch hunt brigade (silent justice etc) will always be incapable of considering.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 06:48:39 PM
what about a 60 year old and a consenting 16 year old?  I checked the write up on that film and its 25 and 17 (ages of the man and teenager)

Seen a 70 year old oil Barron from Texas married this 21 year old recently, not an eye batted!! What's your point? You follow the rule of law of the country you're in... morally you won't find anyone here (I hope not) thinking a 60 year old is fine with a 16 year (or younger from other countries) but he won't be arrested unless he has sex without consent !

Now is she or he for that matter more vulnerable that most? Yes and you'd expect any right thinking parent (if they are about) to step in

Phew you're hard work on this... just spit it out, you hate gays and gay sex

And the film you linked here has broke no laws, you just made it up to suit your narrative

The Iceman

man dear I never said the film broke any laws - it all raised questions...make you think...make me think.
If 16 and 60 is within the law in Ireland I would still speak up - no matter who it was.
If 60 and 14 in Germany is within the law I would still speak up - no matter who it was.

There's lots of nuances across the world pertaining to age of consent and there doesn't seem to be any real answers on whats right and wrong. I'm just asking for opinion not leading the witness your honour

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on January 25, 2018, 07:15:16 PM
Iceman is spot on in raising all this though - its interesting, and probably very telling. There are a lot of inconsistencies in how things are dealt with. For one thing, paedophilia is a sexual interest in pre-pubesecent, but the term is used (because its the worst term that can be used) across all platforms, incorrectly, for anything under the age of consent.

Its clear there are no hard and fast rules for any of this - age of consent differs across Europe, and even in our own society I'm fairly sure theres a policy that even if one is above age and one below, they only look into it if there is more than 4 years age gap.

I guess its hard to legislate, which has to be a hard line, for peoples development, which inevitably are soft lines, but as Iceman points out, there are a lot of nuances here, which the witch hunt brigade (silent justice etc) will always be incapable of considering.

Of course other countries have different views on this, what are you going to do? Invade them and apply our perfect laws? America been trying that for years! What happens in other countries is out of your control, so why worry ? This isn't a new thing, been happening for centuries, probably safer now than it ever was

haranguerer

I'll bow out here, because I've no idea what your response has to do with my post, and I've no wish to travel further down the wormhole