la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

There's rumours of an up to date run of The Chuckle Brothers. Gary and Phil won't be out of a job for long.  Excuse the pun but chin up boys.

yellowcard

I agree, his ego didn't allow him turn it down. He hadn't a word of the language, knew little about the League and had absolutely no managerial experience. He should have cut his teeth with a lesser club to see if had what it took to become a manager. I don't believe for one minute that he hadn't had previous offers from smaller clubs but he chose to go in at the deep end with his mate as chairman and brother as assistant. Was unlikely to ever work out.

imtommygunn

Phil isn't having much success as a number 2.

bennydorano

More importantly Bale got a haircut, jesus he was looking woeful lately with thon mop & effort of a beard.

Milltown Row2

There are worse jobs out there... Could be a spark or something like that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Hopefully he will be back on sky again. No pundit comes close to his quality.

yellowcard

Quote from: GJL on March 30, 2016, 10:43:25 PM
Hopefully he will be back on sky again. No pundit comes close to his quality.

I suspect that is where he will end up. Maybe he realised it was better to fail in management where he wasn't under the spotlight in the English league. For most fans of English soccer they couldn't give a jot about football outside their own country so the damage may be limited somewhat and could soon be forgotten. Neville is not stupid and probably seen it as a shot to nothing, while I'm sure Lims pay check will ease the blow slightly.

screenexile

Was there for his last game in charge and was giving it socks along with the natives

"¡Gary, vete ya!"

Made my weekend   ;D ;D

TabClear

Carra's twitter should be worth following for a while!

tiempo

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 30, 2016, 09:31:34 PM
Phil isn't having much success as a number 2.

Phil has always had the look of a number 2 about him, he'll continue to float around for another while

laoislad

Valencia beat Barca 2-1 tonight.
Gary Neville doing a great job with them in fairness.
Oh wait.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Barca are imploding. Suarez back to Anfield????

ashman

Hope Athletico win it now.

Minder

If only Suarez could add goals to his game, or something

What a player
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

grantwool

Quote from: ashman on April 17, 2016, 09:32:43 PM
Hope Athletico win it now.

Ditto. Though surely Real Madrid will pose a tough match esp that they didnt win La Liga this season