Gypsy Camp on M50

Started by Sky Blue, July 18, 2007, 12:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0718/roma.html

These do-gooders sicken my hole!!  >:(

These people choose to come here and live like pigs. How is that my problem?

Hardy

Cheeky Dubs camp out on roundabout!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Read the title of this thread and thought it was about the Mayo team bus getting stuck in traffic...!!  :o ;)
Tbc....

full back

This sort of sh1t does my head in.
As someone said they are making the choice to live here. If the conditions are so bad why dont they fcuk off to where they came from.
If someone comes to this country & puts in hard graft and makes a life of it then fair play to them, but coming & begging is a joke

Gnevin

They are here illegally and show be sent home, we have a process so why should the ignore it?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

BallyhaiseMan

i read the thread subject and thought it strange the Dublin Team would be having a training camp on the M50.

Mentalman

This was highlighted on TV3 News about a month ago. The girl from Pavee Point stated that "this was inevitable". I was enraged. How in the name of the sweet suffering Lord was it inevitable that Roma gypsies would end up setting up camp in the middle of the M50? The mind really does boggle.

At first I thought perhaps they could be working on the M50 upgrade, doing a bit of tarmacing?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 18, 2007, 12:55:11 PM
Read the title of this thread and thought it was about the Mayo team bus getting stuck in traffic...!!  :o ;)

surprised at you gaoth dobhair i would have expected that comment from some of the jackeens but to come from a fellow culchie i'm hurt and offended :) :)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

inisceithleann

Lads is there no possibility of any compassion here. I appreciate that they have chosen to come here but from a humanitarian point of few we cannot allow children to be living like this? I know that in english law gypsies are now a recognised race and I assume this will apply in the law in the south if challenged. Therefore the Government has to act very carefully to avoid any allegation of racial discrimination. Yes they are illegal immigrants but they should get the same treatment as anyone else who comes under this bracket in Ireland.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Gnevin

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 18, 2007, 01:30:57 PM
Lads is there no possibility of any compassion here. I appreciate that they have chosen to come here but from a humanitarian point of few we cannot allow children to be living like this? I know that in english law gypsies are now a recognised race and I assume this will apply in the law in the south if challenged. Therefore the Government has to act very carefully to avoid any allegation of racial discrimination. Yes they are illegal immigrants but they should get the same treatment as anyone else who comes under this bracket in Ireland.
It's very simple we provide that they are entitled too under eu and in human rights legislation, like we do in 99.9% of all cases in Ireland but and they end of they day they can't claim aslyam here and are here illegally and should be sent home as soon as due process has found this 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Final Whistle

You sure its not the Dublin camp on a team building exercise. Afterall they were acting like jippos on Sunday!!!! ;D ;D ;D

ildanach

just heard one of them interviewed on the radio. When asked why they did not accept the flights home they were offered, he said he would rather stay in ireland. They came into the country and had 90 days to find work, they did not, so it is time they were deported. If a precident is set in this case by allowing them to stay, we will have an influx of similar cases expecting the same treatment.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

inisceithleann

Quote from: ildanach on July 18, 2007, 01:44:57 PM
just heard one of them interviewed on the radio. When asked why they did not accept the flights home they were offered, he said he would rather stay in ireland. They came into the country and had 90 days to find work, they did not, so it is time they were deported. If a precident is set in this case by allowing them to stay, we will have an influx of similar cases expecting the same treatment.

Cases such as this one always pose the question whether we should ever make exceptions in any case? If we do, your right in saying that the opening of the floodgates argument is raised and everyone else in a similar position will want expect similar treatment. In any case if they are getting things thrown at them then they have to be removed as the state has an obligation to proctect anyone residing in the jurisdiction. If there is an outbreak of infectious disease sure it's everyones benefit to get this stopped before it spreads.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

full back

Agree with majority of sentiments here.
If they had a chance to find work & didnt then it is time to go.
Imagine if someone from here went to USA & started this sh1t - they would be fcuked out before the tent was pitched. This is the way it should be here

Bacon

Let's organise a protest rally to get them removed!!  >:(

We'll meet at mid night tonight at the round-about. I have a pitchfork.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009