Being a Landlord.Is it all plain sailing?

Started by T Fearon, June 26, 2017, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

In fairness, and this is saying something, some his comments on this thread are the most bizarre he's ever posted on this board and that's saying something
Careful now

T Fearon

Er I have not bragged about wealth.I simply asked for advice on being a landlord and clarified my situation as the thread developed.

Shamrock Shore

Tony - that's nonsense.

Anyone with at least half an ounce of sense would have simply contacted an accountancy firm in Armagh and/or a letting agency/property management firm and not bothered us here with tales of your wealth. Worst case scenario would be to ask the Board if they could recommend a good accountant to sort out some tax issues or a good agency that could look after things.

I mean - what's next. A list of the sins that you confess at monthly confession?

Dougal Maguire

In fairness SS a list of his sins would be pretty small given he's so perfect in all things moral as well.
Careful now

laoislad

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 03, 2017, 12:24:57 PM
In fairness SS a list of his sins would be pretty small given he's so perfect in all things moral as well.
Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins isn't  it.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Taylor

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 03, 2017, 12:20:27 PM
Tony - that's nonsense.

Anyone with at least half an ounce of sense would have simply contacted an accountancy firm in Armagh and/or a letting agency/property management firm and not bothered us here with tales of your wealth. Worst case scenario would be to ask the Board if they could recommend a good accountant to sort out some tax issues or a good agency that could look after things.

I mean - what's next. A list of the sins that you confess at monthly confession?

But to contact a firm could cost Tony money?

Shrewd is our Tony

T Fearon

I was merely seeking anecdotal evidence of the pluses and pitfalls.Not bragging about wealth whatsoever.

T Fearon

Well two months in I thought I'd give an update! Only an external blocked drain to deal with,cost £25,apart from that the money rolls in,by Standing Order,and the house and garden is in better fecking shape than they were,when I handed over the keys!

Meanwhile I must read the recent electronically received Private Rented Sector Newsletter.Loving Landlording! 👍👍

quit yo jibbajabba

Do you clane yer arse way fifty poond notes

T Fearon

No.Standard toilet roll is a much cheaper option

StGallsGAA

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2017, 09:14:49 PM
Well two months in I thought I'd give an update! Only an external blocked drain to deal with,cost £25,apart from that the money rolls in,by Standing Order,and the house and garden is in better fecking shape than they were,when I handed over the keys!

Meanwhile I must read the recent electronically received Private Rented Sector Newsletter.Loving Landlording! 👍👍

That's a shame.  You can off set the repairs you have to carry out against your tax bill but as of now you owe the HMRC 23% of your first 2 months rent!!  ;)

T Fearon

Still a tidy little income for zero effort!