Being a Landlord.Is it all plain sailing?

Started by T Fearon, June 26, 2017, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Ah I'm only winding up Dougal.You're right,I was one number away from €250,000 on the Lotto a couple of months ago.Tomorrow I could get knocked down by a bus.

Shamrock Shore

Move Dine Site and we'll tax the hole offa ya.

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on June 29, 2017, 12:28:55 AM
Ah I'm only winding up Dougal.You're right,I was one number away from €250,000 on the Lotto a couple of months ago.Tomorrow I could get knocked down by a bus.

In addition to the times you fell out of the pram and landed on your head
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

johnneycool

Make sure you've an up to date will in place and signed over to Seany Brady and the Catholic Church to look after it for you when you hit those pearly gates. After all there's no pockets in a shroud.

playwiththewind1st

Tomorrow I could get knocked down by a bus.

Here's hoping. I would pay good money to watch & hopefully there would be endless replays, in slow motion, like a Sam Peckinpah movie.

illdecide

I do work for a Landlord, i don't know how they be bothered TBH. I've never away from their houses fixing stuff that shouldn't be breaking that frequently but are, just this evening i had to go and inspect one of her properties that had 3 broken windows last night in an ongoing fued with their Lithuanian next door neighbours...I was tempted to buy to rent myself but from the sights i've been seeing recently I think i'll stay clear.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

My Estate Agent facilitated viewing from about 15 interested parties.He only recommended one.I met them,they seemed to be ok,have a long history of renting with first class references, but most of all they were like kids on Christmas morning,so keen were they to get the house,and I figured they will not cause undue bother and will look after it.I emphasised that the house and location is where generations of my family have lived and I will not be keen to dispose of it,and will be even less keen if I have good tenants who will look after it and not bother me.

I intend to let it sit for a year or two,it is already valued at a substantial six figure sum,so it can only appreciate in value over the next two years.I may in the future move in there myself,but in the meantime if the rent (which is substantial) pays the rates (the tenants are responsible for everything else, which I would have been responsible for had I chose not to let it out) and makes me a few quid I will be as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus christ. I dont know whats worse. When youre bein a wab or bein genuine. Actually theres little difference.

Id say whoever you inherited this from would be well proud. Take your first months rent go show them sayin "look at me didnt i do good"

quit yo jibbajabba

Could the Sunday Times do a gaaboard rich list for next year i wonder

ONeill

Christ.

A truly remarkable thread on a few levels.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

This reminds me of a conversation we had with an acquaintance of the wife's

She had just been back from a resort in Hawaii and the wife said I bet that was expensive, to which the friend replied. "Oh, it wasnt too bad... $500 a night for a suite" :o :o :o

T Fearon

I am merely explaining the rationale.Wealth is meaningless,sure I already had everything,have done everything and been everywhere anyway (and rarely parted with money in the process).

Now I might become reclusive like Howard Hughes

Taylor

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on July 02, 2017, 08:30:15 PM
Tomorrow I could get knocked down by a bus.

Here's hoping. I would pay good money to watch & hopefully there would be endless replays, in slow motion, like a Sam Peckinpah movie.

Stay classy

illdecide

Tony what i like about you is your modesty and the fact you still hold down a dead beat job knowing you don't need the money, that's pure class. I really look up to someone like you who goes out to work every morning knowing they could sit at home and look out at the peasants outside, If i'm ever skint for a few quid i'll come begging to you hoping you will send some of your wealth my way. I'd love to be as rich as you and own all those properties as well as being so popular and well liked by everyone...I wanna be Tony Fearon...You F**king LEGEND.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch