Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

I'm not a WUM. I have backed up every single point I made with sensible and reasoned facts. Not one opinion based on gut instinct or media hype. Read the posts and say where my analysis is lacking.

Taylor

Quote from: PAULD123 on June 25, 2017, 03:29:40 PM
So Mayweather wins over 24 lbs. Pacquio wins over 42 lbs. Doesn't make McGregor winning over 10 lbs so amazing after all.

TAYLOR how do you make out " CMG is one of the best the UFC have seen. "

He has only ever had 10 UFC fights, lost one, and only ever beat two previous title holders. The second of whom had only held the title for one fight. Do you even know anything about his record or just repeat anything he says about himself?

Ah, you got me.
I know absolutely nothing about his record and just repeat anything he says about himself  ::)

Boxing is a joke currently. Too many belts, too many weights and not enough fights between the top boxers

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on June 25, 2017, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2017, 01:31:33 PM
True Taylor, there is only 3lbs between some weights in boxing. Mayweather is a five weight world champion, but the difference from where he won his first to last is only 14lbs.

No it's not, it's 24lbs.

Edit: or 22lbs if you want to get picky that the Canelo fight was at 152.

Typo. I meant 24.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

So you think winning titles "only" 24lbs apart somehow isn't much of an achievement?

PAULD123

Quote from: Taylor on June 26, 2017, 08:18:05 AM
Quote from: PAULD123 on June 25, 2017, 03:29:40 PM
So Mayweather wins over 24 lbs. Pacquio wins over 42 lbs. Doesn't make McGregor winning over 10 lbs so amazing after all.

TAYLOR how do you make out " CMG is one of the best the UFC have seen. "

He has only ever had 10 UFC fights, lost one, and only ever beat two previous title holders. The second of whom had only held the title for one fight. Do you even know anything about his record or just repeat anything he says about himself?

Ah, you got me.
I know absolutely nothing about his record and just repeat anything he says about himself  ::)

Boxing is a joke currently. Too many belts, too many weights and not enough fights between the top boxers

It certainly seems that way

Aaron Boone

Wembley Stadium first stop on the publicity tour. Serious product to sell.

StGallsGAA

Quote"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Seems like a poor taste signature Gallsman or is it not considered racist if you put it in a quote these days??  :-\

Minder

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 05, 2017, 11:14:39 PM

Seems like a poor taste signature Gallsman or is it not considered racist if you put it in a quote these days??  :-\

It's a line from the Wire ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 05, 2017, 11:14:39 PM

Poor taste? As pointed out above is from the Wire, meaning it shows
exceptional
taste. These days? It's only been there for the last eight years or so.

Gabriel_Hurl

First official promo video from Showtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X69PYmZnvU

Press conferences are next week

Tuesday 11th - LA
Wednesday 12th - Toronto
Thursday 13th - Brooklyn
Friday 14th - London

OgraAnDun

McGregor won't be getting inside Mayweather's head judging by that press conference anyway.

gallsman

That was one of the most embarrassing, cringe worthy things I've ever seen. It was also in no way surprising.

Floyd somehow got the best line in about taxing his ass.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2017, 11:27:21 PM
That was one of the most embarrassing, cringe worthy things I've ever seen. It was also in no way surprising.

The whole thing is ridiculous and McGregor looked the more rattled with the Mr Tapout remark... that's enough to do me until the fight I think!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: screenexile on July 11, 2017, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2017, 11:27:21 PM

The whole thing is ridiculous and McGregor looked the more rattled with the Mr Tapout remark... that's enough to do me until the fight I think!

No doubt there will be a thoroughly spontaneous and definitely not prearranged controversy in the next press conference to arouse interest, because tonight's won't sell many PPVs.