Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 27, 2017, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 27, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
The pick of 4 countries ( at least) can't beat the pick from 1 (at least)

Waaaaaahayyyyyyyyyy

Really, how many Hurricanes are NZ nationals? 

BTW it was Lions second string forced to play whole game wi5h 1sub as the geographic 6 sat on 5)3 bench.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 27, 2017, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 27, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
The pick of 4 countries ( at least) can't beat the pick from 1 (at least)

Waaaaaahayyyyyyyyyy
was talking about the all blacks

dec

If the Lions lose that last two tests they will finish the tour with more losses than wins overall (4 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses)

Wildweasel74

Thats Hurricanes special one off jersey must be the worst jersey i have ever seen,

gawa316

Thoughts on what Gatland did abut the subs in the hurricanes game and his selection for the 2nd test?

Have to say I think he's an awful p***k

gallsman

Quote from: gawa316 on June 29, 2017, 04:43:32 AM
Thoughts on what Gatland did abut the subs in the hurricanes game and his selection for the 2nd test?

In fairness to him, I think he was caught between a rock and a hard place. However, not using his bench ended up costing the winning of the game.

He was vilified four years ago dropping O'Driscoll and subsequently vindicated. Should have had the courage of his convictions to use the lads after calling them up.

gallsman

Sexton, Itoje and Warburton all in. Te'o drops to bench, O'Mahony and Kruis out of the squad.

Obviously biased but very, very harsh on O'Mahony in my opinion

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on June 29, 2017, 06:16:52 AM

In fairness to him, I think he was caught between a rock and a hard place. However, not using his bench ended up costing the winning of the game.

He was vilified four years ago dropping O'Driscoll and subsequently vindicated. Should have had the courage of his convictions to use the lads after calling them up.

The rock and the hard place were all of his own doing. In this day and age what difference would it have made for a backup player to have flown from Argentina to NZ rather than someone from Australia, a few more hours on a plane.

Yes, he made one mistake then didn't have the balls to go through with it when he needed to. I'm sure those lads called up feel like the proverbial spare pricks at a wedding.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: gallsman on June 29, 2017, 08:14:44 AM
Sexton, Itoje and Warburton all in. Te'o drops to bench, O'Mahony and Kruis out of the squad.

Obviously biased but very, very harsh on O'Mahony in my opinion

Agree very harsh on O'Mahony and IMO AW Jones is very very lucky to be on the 23 never mind starting, in the first test I thought he was very poor.  Not sure either on Sexton/Farrell at 10/12, they offered very little in the half hour they had at the end of the game the other day
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on June 29, 2017, 06:16:52 AM

Vindicated?? I have said it before the Lions would have lost the series to Australia if Beale hadnt slipped the very same Australia team England then smashed 3-0 in Oz. Gatland is a poor coach his record against the southern hemisphere whilst Welsh boss is something ridiculous like won 1 lost 30 so how the feck did someone decide he was ever the best man for the job!!!!!!!!

gallsman

They lost the second test. He made changes. They won the third. Vindication.

The Trap

On Sky last night Johnny Wilkinson said he thought Ben Te'o was the Lions most important player...........now he is dropped.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on June 29, 2017, 10:54:15 AM
They lost the second test. He made changes. They won the third. Vindication.

I think the point is they should have cruised the series instead of scraping the first match and losing the second.

I double checked Gatlands record against the big 3 for a laugh played 36 won 3 lost 33. Desperate stuff compared to the other home nations records over the same period (althogh not great about 3/4 times better!!)
Scotland played 17 won 4 lost 13
England played 32 won 10 drawn 1 lost 21
Ireland played 24 won 7 drawn 1 lost 16

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: The Trap on June 29, 2017, 11:24:11 AM
On Sky last night Johnny Wilkinson said he thought Ben Te'o was the Lions most important player...........now he is dropped.

Te'o is good at what he does ie direct and into contact with a solid defence (perfect for Gatland) unfortunatley he suffers from tunnel vision and is incapable of seeing an oppotunity open up around him.

Applesisapples

Like the Ryder cup I can't get excited by the Lions.