Author Topic: glastonbury  (Read 6314 times)

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
Re: glastonbury
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »
Wouldn't be a fan but with just a guitar for company ed sheeran puts on a good show. Think i would rather have a 'rock' band close Glastonbury though.

Yeah I think just him and his guitar is lacking something for headlining a festival.

Generally all the big bands have a huge sound which is missing from him performing with just an acoustic guitar it's all a bit bland. He needs some help up there for that size of a gig!

As someone on twitter said "If I had a 16-yr-old daughter I'd be pretty relieved if she liked Ed Sheeran. A reassuring sign she'd get good A-levels and go to Exeter Uni"
Agree entirely. He's good at what he does but definitely lacking as a headliner on the main stage.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2017, 12:06:57 AM »
Sheeran has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

The thing about those types of festivals is a pretentiousness surrounding big sound bands who curse and scream a lot.

Mick Foster should close it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »
Wouldn't be a fan but with just a guitar for company ed sheeran puts on a good show. Think i would rather have a 'rock' band close Glastonbury though.

Yeah I think just him and his guitar is lacking something for headlining a festival.

Generally all the big bands have a huge sound which is missing from him performing with just an acoustic guitar it's all a bit bland. He needs some help up there for that size of a gig!

As someone on twitter said "If I had a 16-yr-old daughter I'd be pretty relieved if she liked Ed Sheeran. A reassuring sign she'd get good A-levels and go to Exeter Uni"
Agree entirely. He's good at what he does but definitely lacking as a headliner on the main stage.

Good? Hmmm
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

The Gs Man

• View Profile
    • Captain Kennedy
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »
Turned him off after 3 songs. 

Think he left his guitar tuner backstage.
Phosporescent!

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2017, 09:01:13 AM »
Sheeran has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

The thing about those types of festivals is a pretentiousness surrounding big sound bands who curse and scream a lot.

If variations of the JCB song is your thing then you would be correct.

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »

He seemed to be having major issues alright.

To be fair to him, its not easy to headline an event like glastonbury up there on your own.
I think he was a bit lost up there though and it didnt really work as a headline closing act
I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2017, 03:52:25 PM »

He seemed to be having major issues alright.

To be fair to him, its not easy to headline an event like glastonbury up there on your own.
I think he was a bit lost up there though and it didnt really work as a headline closing act

Turns out he'd a little help from his little friend, say hello to Chewie to the uneducated Ed fans;

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's not a backing track, its a loop station they tell me.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
Barry Gibb put on a good set IMHO.

The lads that threw up the gold jacket are from Belfast. Were on the radio this morning interviewed by Chris Evans.

Was more entertaining that Ed

easytiger95

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »
It's actually really skilful what he does (though I'm not a fan of his tunes) - he beats out 8 bars on the flat of the guitar - records it and loops it immediately, does the same for the riff, does the same for the backing vocals, and when that bed is built, continues playing and singing live over the top - he builds it in front of you.

He broke the strings on at least two guitars because he uses them literally as rhythm instruments.

The boy still can't rap though...

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »
It's actually really skilful what he does (though I'm not a fan of his tunes) - he beats out 8 bars on the flat of the guitar - records it and loops it immediately, does the same for the riff, does the same for the backing vocals, and when that bed is built, continues playing and singing live over the top - he builds it in front of you.

He broke the strings on at least two guitars because he uses them literally as rhythm instruments.

The boy still can't rap though...

Agreed.

Didnt get seeing all that i would like but have to say i enjoyed the Liam Gallagher set.

Shamrock Shore

• We are proud to be Larries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
Ed Sheeran gives me a pain in the 'nads.

I just don't see it or get it. Throw a stone anywhere, anytime and you'll hit a better non-ginger guitarist.

I agree that Barry Gibb was good! Never thought I would say this about a Bee Gee. That was a hanging offence back in the day.

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Today at 05:41:16 AM »
Sheeran  has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

Barry Gibb?  Nile Rodgers?  :o

Glens Og

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Today at 02:54:27 PM »
Test