Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Stockdale  reminds me of BOD in 2000.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2018, 12:29:48 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 19, 2018, 12:13:58 PM
Some sad people complaining on here.

Typical armchair 6 nations fans who know everything about the game then never a peep out of them for the rest of the year.

Saturday was class!! Legends.

Now to rest Sexton, Murray and Best for Australia. Lets see how Carberry, Marmion, Cooney etc get on.

And Jackson ?

If hes proven innocent then I think he should go. Don't tell Syf!

seafoid

Typical armchair 6 nations fans who know everything about the game then never a peep out of them for the rest of the year.

Now to rest Sexton, Murray and Best for Australia. Lets see how Carberry, Marmion, Cooney etc get on.

And Jackson ?
God's gift to the Sheilas

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

And Jackson ?
God's gift to the Sheilas

Top kicker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

And Jackson ?

You're plumbing new depths trying to wring a joke out of a rape trial.

Rudi

I thought Dan Leavy was the player of the six nations. He hardly gets a mention. Sean O Brien will hardly wear 7 again if this man can stay injury free.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Rudi on March 19, 2018, 09:05:04 PM
I thought Dan Leavy was the player of the six nations. He hardly gets a mention. Sean O Brien will hardly wear 7 again if this man can stay injury free.

+1

Capt Pat

Just looking at likely future opponents in the world cup I see Ireland are likely to be facing Samoa in the group stages. Samoa have to beat Spain in a playoff to qualify. Samoa v Ireland will be a hard game with a lot of hard hits and possible injuries.

Bundee Aki also is of Samoan stock.

dec

Quote from: bennydorano on March 18, 2018, 12:36:05 PM
I think Ireland have to sacrafice notions of a GS at next year's 6 Nations to give the World Cup a proper go.

The fixtures for next year's Six Nations were actually announced last year at the same time as the 2018 fixtures. Ireland v England is in the first week.

I can't see them taking it easy to save themselves for the World Cup. If they beat England in the first week the Grand Slam hype will go into instant overdrive especially with France at home as well.

2019 Six Nations fixtures:

February 1st/2nd
France v Wales Fri 8.00
Scotland v Italy Sat 2.15
Ireland v England Sat 4.45

February 9th/10th
Scotland v Ireland Sat 2.15
Italy v Wales Sat 4.45
England v France Sun 3.00

February 16th/17th
Rest week

February 23rd/24th
France v Scotland Sat 2.15
Wales v England Sat 4.45
Italy v Ireland Sun 3.00

March 2nd/3rd
Rest week

March 9th/10th
Scotland v Wales Sat 2.15
England v Italy Sat 4.45
Ireland v France Sun 3.00

March 16th
Italy v France Sat 12.30
Wales v Ireland Sat 2.45
England v Scotland 5.00

GetOverTheBar

Tremendous achievement for Ireland to win the Grand Slam, great future ahead for Irish Rugby and to go to places like Paris and Twickenham and do it, erases any doubts about the mentality of these lads.

Also thoughts are with Jordi Murphy at this stage who'll be suffering with one serious hangover if the pics / videos of past few days are anything to go by!

Fuzzman

What a day!!
Got a ticket for £45. I kid you not but not gonna tell you how as I'll use this technique again.
It did help thought having the full St Patrick's day gear on ;-)

Probably one of the best days out on my own, EVER!!
At half time I was down on the front near sideline throwing those wee small rugby balls up into the crowd to jeers from the Brits and everyone calling for the next one.

Those chariots took one hell of a beating Maggie T.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 20, 2018, 12:38:55 PM

It did help thought having the full St Patrick's day gear on ;-)

Not the green suit, black boots, ginger beard and top hat with ginger hair hanging out, again?

seafoid

I was reading an article about the 2009 Grand Slam and what was interesting about it was how rare the achievement was . It was Neil Francis in the Sunday Tribune

"And it was time enough for Jones to sink Paul O'Connell's heart into his boots as that last kick took flight, enough too for him to see Murphy collect, run around for a second unsure as to what to do and then kick the ball, the heartache, the jibes and 61 years of hurt high into the Millennium Stadium stands.
Ain't it grand?
Back to our old friend Aristotle again – character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things, a man chooses to avoid. Ireland chose to win and they showed the sort of character which, for 61 years, has been missing. They've come close, and, yes, they were lucky yesterday but they showed a tenacity of purpose and strength of character which no team in this country of ours has ever matched. "

I couldn't imagine that being written today

magpie seanie

Even this year when we were in my opinion clearly better than the other sides we had to rely on nothing short of a miracle in Paris and an intercept against Wales. Grand slams are incredibly hard to do.

shark

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2018, 12:08:10 PM
Even this year when we were in my opinion clearly better than the other sides we had to rely on nothing short of a miracle in Paris and an intercept against Wales. Grand slams are incredibly hard to do.

All true.

I think what is so impressive about this year though is how well Ireland coped with injuries. The Wales game especially where you could argue that 5 certain starters were missing. Whether they are all certain starters now may not be true, especially in O'Brien's case.