glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Turned him off after 3 songs. 

Think he left his guitar tuner backstage.
Keep 'er lit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on June 26, 2017, 12:06:57 AM
Sheeran has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

The thing about those types of festivals is a pretentiousness surrounding big sound bands who curse and scream a lot.

Mick Foster should close it.
If variations of the JCB song is your thing then you would be correct.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Gs Man on June 26, 2017, 08:53:08 AM

He seemed to be having major issues alright.

To be fair to him, its not easy to headline an event like glastonbury up there on your own.
I think he was a bit lost up there though and it didnt really work as a headline closing act
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2017, 09:48:03 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on June 26, 2017, 08:53:08 AM

He seemed to be having major issues alright.

To be fair to him, its not easy to headline an event like glastonbury up there on your own.
I think he was a bit lost up there though and it didnt really work as a headline closing act

Turns out he'd a little help from his little friend, say hello to Chewie to the uneducated Ed fans;

It's not a backing track, its a loop station they tell me.

Taylor

Barry Gibb put on a good set IMHO.

The lads that threw up the gold jacket are from Belfast. Were on the radio this morning interviewed by Chris Evans.

Was more entertaining that Ed

easytiger95

It's actually really skilful what he does (though I'm not a fan of his tunes) - he beats out 8 bars on the flat of the guitar - records it and loops it immediately, does the same for the riff, does the same for the backing vocals, and when that bed is built, continues playing and singing live over the top - he builds it in front of you.

He broke the strings on at least two guitars because he uses them literally as rhythm instruments.

The boy still can't rap though...

lurganblue

Quote from: easytiger95 on June 26, 2017, 03:59:33 PM
It's actually really skilful what he does (though I'm not a fan of his tunes) - he beats out 8 bars on the flat of the guitar - records it and loops it immediately, does the same for the riff, does the same for the backing vocals, and when that bed is built, continues playing and singing live over the top - he builds it in front of you.

He broke the strings on at least two guitars because he uses them literally as rhythm instruments.

The boy still can't rap though...

Agreed.

Didnt get seeing all that i would like but have to say i enjoyed the Liam Gallagher set.

Shamrock Shore

Ed Sheeran gives me a pain in the 'nads.

I just don't see it or get it. Throw a stone anywhere, anytime and you'll hit a better non-ginger guitarist.

I agree that Barry Gibb was good! Never thought I would say this about a Bee Gee. That was a hanging offence back in the day.

StGallsGAA

Sheeran  has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

The thing about those types of festivals is a pretentiousness surrounding big sound bands who curse and scream a lot.

Mick Foster should close it.

Barry Gibb?  Nile Rodgers?  :o

Glens Og

Owen Brannigan

Sheeran  has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

But does he have the talent and following to fill 7 stadium gigs in Ireland in 2018? (2 x Dublin, 2 x Cork, 2 x Galway and 1 x Belfast.

screenexile

Killers decent viewing here. Stormzy wouldn't be my cup of tea but apparently he put on a great show.

The Fontaines DC set looked class they'll be great to watch live when they're home later in the year.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2019, 10:08:52 PM
Killers decent viewing here. Stormzy wouldn't be my cup of tea but apparently he put on a great show.

The Fontaines DC set looked class they'll be great to watch live when they're home later in the year.
Killers not big enough to headline a Saturday night imo. Stormzy was good when he did the handful of songs I recognise but there were large parts where I didn't recognise the music and I was bored. Watched a wee bit of The Charlatans last night and Tim has A LOOK going! Liam's set earlier was decent enough in spite of him being a poor vocalist.

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2019, 10:18:23 PM

Killers not big enough to headline a Saturday night imo. Stormzy was good when he did the handful of songs I recognise but there were large parts where I didn't recognise the music and I was bored. Watched a wee bit of The Charlatans last night and Tim has A LOOK going! Liam's set earlier was decent enough in spite of him being a poor vocalist.

Killers are absolutely bossing it.
You sound like someone who doesn't like music.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2019, 10:18:23 PM

Strange statement one of the top bands around for nearly 20 years and enough easily enough anthems to cope with top billing.

They've been excellent so far!!