Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: July 31, 2018, 12:59:52 PM

sid waddell

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 10:07:53 AM
So how much have you contributed Sid?

Quote from: Rossfan on July 28, 2018, 10:11:09 AM
I see I've joined the "destroyed" now as well😀
Must be saying something right so.

You'd get better attempts at debate in the comment sections of The Sun, you really would.

Keyser soze

Quote from: sid waddell on July 28, 2018, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 10:07:53 AM
So how much have you contributed Sid?

Quote from: Rossfan on July 28, 2018, 10:11:09 AM
I see I've joined the "destroyed" now as well😀
Must be saying something right so.

You'd get better attempts at debate in the comment sections of The Sun, you really would.

So SFA from u as well ... another windbag. 

Boycey

I think is was one of the 1st people to comment on this thread and have read it everyday since without further comment. I'm staggered by amount of people that have come on here and claimed to be GAA people but seem to hate the GAA with an absolute passion...

trailer

A great result. The GAA proving to be the forward thinking organisation that it is.

Well done to all those 'dinosaurs' I would expect an apology from messers Duff and Kenny. Not to mention the other contributors on this thread who've constantly berated the GAA.

I wish the organisers the best of luck, and hope it is well supported and raises a lot of money for the hospice.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2018, 11:33:34 AM
I think is was one of the 1st people to comment on this thread and have read it everyday since without further comment. I'm staggered by amount of people that have come on here and claimed to be GAA people but seem to hate the GAA with an absolute passion...

Me too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Baile Brigín 2

Bull.

Go onto a soccer forum. They will be laying into the FAI and FIFA. Nobody accuses them of hating soccer. Its been a bad few months for the Assosciation and trying to pretend otherwise keeps the problems mounting.

Orchard park

In fairness Michael o'flynn played this very fairly and dealt privately with the power brokers. Ryan and Horan had a difficulty in trying to keep the local logically challenged administrators sweet while coming to a publicly and ethically acceptable and enforceable decision.  Both deserve credit as a undotted I would have left the door open for a dying sting from Frank.......

Duff came across  as an entitled bollix but in the week dunphy  leaves RTE  it was a case of he saying it before sadlier did.... I wouldn't dwell on either pundits opinion.......

But as long as concerts, American football etc can be hosted, it's very hard to argue against other sports at fair market rate irrespective of any rule book. And that's a different issue to hosting this charity event

Keyser soze

There's a guy in our club who sits at the corner of the bar. He is a complete whinging f**ker, forever complaining about everything under the sun. If u deal a different game of poker "that's shite" even before u explain how it goes. If you put a song on "that's shite" no matter what song it might be ...ad nauseum about every single thing u could think about. And if u say well sure u put on a song he refuses  :D. Just like he puts zero effort into the club in any way shape or fashion...if somebody asked him to buy a lotto ticket he would sicken their hole whinging a million reasons why he wouldnt buy it.

Social media has given arseholes like this an unrestrained forum to spout their bile. In the bar we can tell the slabber to shut his big mouth as he is nothing but a whinging dose and he invariably ends up sitting on his own with noone near him. I suspect a lot of the posters on here spouting the loudest are just like him in real life, unfortunately it is nigh impossible to move away from them and not hear them on a board such as this.

trailer

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 28, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Bull.

Go onto a soccer forum. They will be laying into the FAI and FIFA. Nobody accuses them of hating soccer. Its been a bad few months for the Assosciation and trying to pretend otherwise keeps the problems mounting.

You're that guy in the club. The poison, the cancer. Everything is wrong but won't lend a hand. Snipes from the sideline. If you really cared, you'd have done something about it. Instead you've registered on this forum to berate the GAA and those fine people who do trojan work within it. Unfortuantely you weren't ready for the backlash you've received. Your one stable mate, is himself from Roscommon. That's tells you all you need to know.
If you call yourself a GAA man you'd want to have a look at yourself.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orchard park on July 28, 2018, 01:07:13 PM
In fairness Michael o'flynn played this very fairly and dealt privately with the power brokers. Ryan and Horan had a difficulty in trying to keep the local logically challenged administrators sweet while coming to a publicly and ethically acceptable and enforceable decision.  Both deserve credit as a undotted I would have left the door open for a dying sting from Frank.......

Duff came across  as an entitled bollix but in the week dunphy  leaves RTE  it was a case of he saying it before sadlier did.... I wouldn't dwell on either pundits opinion.......

But as long as concerts, American football etc can be hosted, it's very hard to argue against other sports at fair market rate irrespective of any rule book. And that's a different issue to hosting this charity event

The GAA has these overly under used venues dotted all over the country. Put them up for rent wisely. Reinvest some of the money on upgrading facilities. For 9 months you can see the tumbleweed blowing across pitches.  Be proud of being Irish and forget about this anti-British stuff.

Jinxy

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
There's a guy in our club who sits at the corner of the bar. He is a complete whinging f**ker, forever complaining about everything under the sun. If u deal a different game of poker "that's shite" even before u explain how it goes. If you put a song on "that's shite" no matter what song it might be ...ad nauseum about every single thing u could think about. And if u say well sure u put on a song he refuses  :D. Just like he puts zero effort into the club in any way shape or fashion...if somebody asked him to buy a lotto ticket he would sicken their hole whinging a million reasons why he wouldnt buy it.

Social media has given arseholes like this an unrestrained forum to spout their bile. In the bar we can tell the slabber to shut his big mouth as he is nothing but a whinging dose and he invariably ends up sitting on his own with noone near him. I suspect a lot of the posters on here spouting the loudest are just like him in real life, unfortunately it is nigh impossible to move away from them and not hear them on a board such as this.

100% correct.
The difference is that in real life nobody pays any heed to him.
On social media, regular normal people feel they have to engage with him.
Irish twitter isn't a big place, and you can see these lads popping up on a regular basis on whatever the issue of the day is.
Everything is a disgrace, everyone is corrupt etc.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 28, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Bull.

True.
They'll probably express the odd bit of interest in the actual game of soccer as well though, to be fair.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Thank fcuk thats over.  Now best of luck to the organisers and supporters.  Hopefully it will be a great occasion.
A wise man told me 8 years ago that following the fall of  the church and Fianna Fail, that unfortunately in the crossfire the GAA would come under pressure from an Ireland looking to throw off all its old clothes. 
The GAA has been the most positive social structure in Ireland, but liberalisation often targets all structures both good and bad.   
It is not the head office  GAA that controls stadia with an Iron fist and who are more interested in inter county than club,  but it is the GAA that improves, motivates and glues communities and gets plenty wrong. Unfortunately we are all called the GAA. 
Paul Kimmage - a great writer and a deep thinker... I enjoy his writing.  In fairness Paul doesnt have to think too deep when he attacks the GAA (and I have sensed crusade for a while now) he has smelt that it will be the next popular target.  Indeed I think plenty of us expected this would be the case and in many ways we can handle this. 
On another strand of argument recently put forward.., the GAA builds, owns and nurtures its facilities with traditionally the bare minimum of taxpayers money asked for - a flaw in their armoury as we are not scroungers or takers.  We are givers.  Many other sports often with professional basis or top tables took proportionately more from the taxpayer for their level of return to community.  The FAI need to be taken to task on the state of Irish soccor, whilst they promote a profession and not a sport at times.    The IRFU should have been taken to task for holding back the development of Rugby in Connaught. In the North, we look on in awe as we watch an orchestrated campaign prevent a GAA stadium being built in Belfast.  No such campaign  was orchestrated for Rugby or soccor.  In my understanding when you look over all the facts and you cut away the emotions of Casement, there is a concerted effort to prevent a tax payer funded stadium being built.  In the South you get to build it and then the begrudgery occurs.  I would take that..