No
37 (20.7%)
Not sure
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: July 31, 2018, 12:59:52 PM

Syferus

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 27, 2018, 02:57:54 PM
If all the people who are getting hot and bothered about this sent in £50 to the fund instead of griping on Social Media platforms there would be a fortune raised for the family and the charity. The Duffer could easily afford a cool million I would say. 

Syf and Baile Brigin can show the way as they are really exercised about this.

Why would you assume we haven't? I don't think this post came across as smart as you intended it to.

The GAA messed up here and haven't a leg to stand on. I have no time for people like you try to distract from that fact and focusing instead on being offended. It's a fûcking charity match for a man who died of pancreatic cancer in his mid-30s. That's the bigger picture here.

trailer

If all the people who are getting hot and bothered about this sent in £50 to the fund instead of griping on Social Media platforms there would be a fortune raised for the family and the charity. The Duffer could easily afford a cool million I would say. 

Be interesting to see how much is raised. That is if they release the figures.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2018, 03:11:55 PM

Again with the below the belt dig - implying they are up to no good.

You need watching.

trailer

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 27, 2018, 03:13:25 PM

You need watching.

Eh? You've lost me.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2018, 01:51:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2018, 01:45:19 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2018, 01:38:38 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 27, 2018, 01:24:32 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2018, 01:21:07 PM
I'd say the GAA has nothing to lose if the Irish Government decide to prioritise multi-use facilities as that would mean the likes of Tolka park as mentioned earlier would need developed to facilitate the largest sport played competitively on this island being Gaelic Games and I don't mean sticking a set of GAA goal posts at either end of a soccer or rugby sized pitch.

So we should amend the rules so?

/Jim.

I'd have no problems with that.

Would the owners of Tolka park or a Wesley College like to be told, no grants unless such facilities can accomodate gaelic  games?

I can only see win win for the GAA.

No Johnnycool, you were...

Absolutely destroyed! according to the Syf that is

Was I?

How am I meant to react, it's all new to me this getting destroyed malarkey.

Should I log off and lie down in a darkened room? For how long?

Can you offer me advise MR2 as you get destroyed regularly on here?  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm surprised I can function

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2018, 03:14:51 PM

You need watching.

Eh? You've lost me.
You are consistently hinting that the organisers are up to no good. That's nasty and feeds exactly into the soccer narrative that the GAA is full of cantankerous old gits who have a holier than though attitude.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2018, 03:02:39 PM

Why would you assume we haven't? I don't think this post came across as smart as you intended it to.

The GAA messed up here and haven't a leg to stand on. I have no time for people like you try to distract from that fact and focusing instead on being offended. It's a fûcking charity match for a man who died of pancreatic cancer in his mid-30s. That's the bigger picture here.

You are making it sound like you have in fact made a contribution so go on and prove you have already done so and I will match it with a similar contribution to the hospice!!

trailer

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 27, 2018, 03:21:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2018, 03:14:51 PM

You need watching.

Eh? You've lost me.
You are consistently hinting that the organisers are up to no good. That's nasty and feeds exactly into the soccer narrative that the GAA is full of cantankerous old gits who have a holier than though attitude.

You took that meaning, that's your interpretation not mine.
Out of interest are you going to the game?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

"When Damien Duff called the GAA committee dinosaurs, he was doing dinosaurs a disservice" - Stephen Kenny

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on July 27, 2018, 03:40:12 PM
"When Damien Duff called the GAA committee dinosaurs, he was doing dinosaurs a disservice" - Stephen Kenny

But, but, but they are! Have you not read Baile Brigin's posts? 

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on July 27, 2018, 03:40:12 PM

Not untrue.

Keyser soze

So neither of the 2 main posters rabidly criticizing the GAA for not being charitable enough have even thought of making a wee contribution to the fund.

Well I suppose at least you're not dinosaurs. Though maybe there are other words to describe the type of people you are.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 27, 2018, 04:08:47 PM
So neither of the 2 main posters rabidly criticizing the GAA for not being charitable enough have even thought of making a wee contribution to the fund.

Well I suppose at least you're not dinosaurs. Though maybe there are other words to describe the type of people you are.
Infantile.

I take it you are happy with how this has been handled?