37 (20.7%)
Not sure
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: July 31, 2018, 12:59:52 PM

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2018, 09:30:54 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 15, 2018, 03:05:08 PM
Looking forward to the reception Duffer gets!
Are you expecting anything other than a good reception for him?
I met him a few years ago. He gave up his time to come to meet my eldest fellas football team,all the kids have special needs.
He spent the guts of 2 hours posing for photos with the kids and talking to them. Couldn't meet a nicer fella imo.
So he made a few comments regarding this chairty game,maybe he was right and that's what people don't like about it. The truth hurts sometimes.

I am looking forward to it because he will get a great reception.

rrhf

Yes I would say his comments were naive and in the heat of the moment and he regrets them thoroughly. There have been enough veiled apologies since from others. Best left at that. Hope this is a great event.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rrhf on August 16, 2018, 10:39:21 AM
Yes I would say his comments were naive and in the heat of the moment and he regrets them thoroughly. There have been enough veiled apologies since from others. Best left at that. Hope this is a great event.

His comments were what the common man on the street were thinking! Fair dues to Cork GAA for letting a British game to be played in PUC! The only other place it has been let play is Croker! But sure we all know Croker is British Soil from Lincolnshire. So that British game did not really play on Irish Soil.

johnnycool

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2018, 01:35:20 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 16, 2018, 10:39:21 AM

His comments were what the common man on the street were thinking! Fair dues to Cork GAA for letting a British game to be played in PUC! The only other place it has been let play is Croker! But sure we all know Croker is British Soil from Lincolnshire. So that British game did not really play on Irish Soil.

Not any more;

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/agri-food/why-the-gaa-bought-a-700k-farm-36555417.html

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

Was getting a Cork view on the whole thing at the weekend. Now in fairness these ones are not GAA folk but they ain't happy with how things went.. they wouldnt even be sport people but the vibe wasnt good, they asked me my opinion, from a GAA perspective, and I tried to play a few opinions on it from both sides and it didnt go down well!

So f**k the GAA  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

NAG1

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2018, 03:05:43 PM
Was getting a Cork view on the whole thing at the weekend. Now in fairness these ones are not GAA folk but they ain't happy with how things went.. they wouldnt even be sport people but the vibe wasnt good, they asked me my opinion, from a GAA perspective, and I tried to play a few opinions on it from both sides and it didnt go down well!

So f**k the GAA  ;)

Bet they enjoyed swooning after Prince Charles tho

NAG1

I'm sure those non-GAA Cork folk will be rolling out the red carpet for Roy Carroll too.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 28, 2018, 04:20:17 PM
I'm sure those non-GAA Cork folk will be rolling out the red carpet for Roy Carroll too.
How many of tbe punters going even know what a Cliftonville is?

NAG1

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 28, 2018, 04:57:26 PM

Kind of proves the general point that a lot of posters on here had on this whole episode in the first place. Uninformed people shouting the loudest.

But hear its all settled now, let them at it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 29, 2018, 11:56:54 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 28, 2018, 04:57:26 PM

Kind of proves the general point that a lot of posters on here had on this whole episode in the first place. Uninformed people shouting the loudest.

But hear its all settled now, let them at it.
The fact that tbe majority of the punters at the game won't be aware of or care about Carroll being a Linfield player is irrelevant to the bags the GAA made of this