America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on April 25, 2018, 02:50:03 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
I think I trust the Cop. He obviously saw what was going on.
if he had shot him when he reached for a "weapon" I don't think anyone would be calling for him to be fired though?

No, they wouldn't. That's what I meant. In many ways he would have been perfectly justified, but he played the situation in front of him, rather than panicking and pulling the trigger.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 01:24:26 PM
Resurrecting this thread to share this video from Toronto. Obviously an horrific attack by what seems to be a mentally disturbed young fella with a van. Killed 10 people. Shocking stuff.

This is the arrest, videoed by members of the public. How brave is this cop? Fair play to him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4165974/toronto-van-attack-ken-lam-father-reacts/

Seems to be 2nd atrocity carried out by someone claiming to belong to INCEL. Involuntary Celibate. I kid you not.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/toronto-van-attack-facebook-post-may-link-suspect-with-incel-group

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 25, 2018, 03:05:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 01:24:26 PM
Resurrecting this thread to share this video from Toronto. Obviously an horrific attack by what seems to be a mentally disturbed young fella with a van. Killed 10 people. Shocking stuff.

This is the arrest, videoed by members of the public. How brave is this cop? Fair play to him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4165974/toronto-van-attack-ken-lam-father-reacts/

Seems to be 2nd atrocity carried out by someone claiming to belong to INCEL. Involuntary Celibate. I kid you not.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/toronto-van-attack-facebook-post-may-link-suspect-with-incel-group

Was totally unaware of this subgroup and subsequently read up on them. Utter madness. Your man from the Santa Barbara shooting spree was also totally off the wall. He lived a very privileged life and was just pissed off that he couldn't hit it off with the popular girls. Mix this with clear mental health issues, easy gun access and you have serious problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2qBBBvYQOA

Minnasion appears to have had significant difficulties in life reading statements from those that knew him. Wouldn't be surprised to hear he had high functioning Autism. He's been described as incredibly gifted although extremely socially awkward and bizarre in some of his behaviour.

That cop has balls the size of bowling balls. He must of knew it wasn't a gun though as he had it drawn before making those fast 'draw' movements. The camera is too far away to tell exactly what it was. 

Gabriel_Hurl

Here we are again

Quote@AP

Report: Multiple people shot at The Capital newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland.

dec

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 28, 2018, 08:43:30 PM
Here we are again

Quote@AP

Report: Multiple people shot at The Capital newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland.

Don't worry, everything is going to be OK. Donald Trump has just tweeted that his thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

Hardy

Wow! That's new. Maybe there's hope.

Rossfan

Was the shooter from one of those awful Muslim Countries?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on June 29, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

"They said a white male suspect in his late 30s was taken into custody at the scene of the shooting and was being questioned."

Don't think he shouted Allahu Akbar either.

Thoughts and prayers will suffice this time as there were only 5 killed.

Rossfan

Quote from: johnnycool on June 29, 2018, 10:27:24 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 29, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

"They said a white male suspect in his late 30s was taken into custody at the scene of the shooting and was being questioned."

Just exercising his Constitoootional rights.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jell 0 Biafra

These are elected politicians agreeing that good toddlers with guns is a great idea. We're fucked.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mayo4Sam

That video is worryingly hilarious

Those people are actually elected and they actually believe giving a gun to a four year old is ok. Just think about that, think about a four year old that you know and now imagine giving them a gun
Just WOW
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Armamike

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 17, 2018, 10:06:03 AM
That video is worryingly hilarious

Those people are actually elected and they actually believe giving a gun to a four year old is ok. Just think about that, think about a four year old that you know and now imagine giving them a gun
Just WOW

Give someone enough rope.  Is this typical of the gun lobby view or just one fool who can't think straight. Hope it's the latter.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Mayo4Sam

It wasn't just one congressman supporting it!

And the way the gun lobbyist spotted out the "science" bit

"Children under five also have elevated levels of the pheromone Blink-182, produced by the part of the liver known as the Rita Ora," Pratt says. "This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the Cardi B neural pathway to the Wiz Khalifa 40% faster, saving time and saving lives."
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me