Should the GAA Start an All Ireland Lotto?

Started by drici, September 10, 2009, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the GAA Start an All Ireland Lotto?

Yes
10 (62.5%)
No
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

drici

nutsy--1

It doesn't sound a bad idea. Ive heard of worse ideas from the GAA

orangeman

Peter Mc Kenna has plans in place to organise an All Ireland Lotto.

As you enter Croke Park there will be lotto sellers on duty who will give up their job of selling programmes on match days. Programmes will no longer be sold, but will be given out free to all who buy a €5 lotto ticket.

Clubs throughout Ireland will be expected to give up their own fund raising efforts and divert all monies to HQ instead.

At the end of the fiscal year, clubs will be allowed to apply for a small subsistence allowance of about 5% of the amount that they send to Croke Park.

Clubs are the basis of the GAA and will provide the GAA with a much needed boost to the association.

;)

Bud Wiser

Well why wouldn't Peter McKenna start such a lotto when it was suggested on this board a few months ago to do exactly that.

See Bud and Orangemans posts here:  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9876.msg503658;topicseen#msg503658

If we can be of any further help please let us know.
Maybe the Discussion Board should have it's own lotto.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

antoinse

I think it would be a wonderful idea. From the profits we could give Dessie a bigger and more elaborate office and be able to provide a greater percentage than they requested. Nominate me as a ticket seller.

ONeill

2, 11, 23, 28 35 and 39. What do I win?

Micheala Harte would have her sussed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

David McKeown

As a matter of interest would this post have anything to do with the post about another member being unable to access the general discussion because of the word lotto appearing?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Kerry Mike

It would never work, Kerry people would win it more than anyone else and all the begrudging feckers around the rest of the country would be saying its another easy competition for the Kingdom to win.

Then someone from the North would win it once and Spillane would call it the Puke Lotto win and there would be another outbreak of Patitis that would last for years. Then there might be another small winner from the North and they would all be saying they invented the lotto, and then all of a sudden they would be the lotto winners of the decade.

Yerra how could they run it with Euros and Sterling anyway.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football