TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

4 episodes into Season 4 Gomorrah and it's as good as ever. Genny is a brilliant character!

square_ball

The Tommy Tiernan Show on RTE is superb.

Main Street

Quote from: square_ball on June 29, 2019, 09:56:07 PM
Agreed, though he's as unpolished as it goes for a presenter he has the knack to let the guests feel comfortable to talk about anything, they just cant stop talking and Tommy just listens.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on June 29, 2019, 10:17:28 PM
Agreed, though he's as unpolished as it goes for a presenter he has the knack to let the guests feel comfortable to talk about anything, they just cant stop talking and Tommy just listens.
Really?! I always thought he'd be too chaotic to be any good. Will give it a shot.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2019, 11:03:02 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 29, 2019, 10:17:28 PM
Really?! I always thought he'd be too chaotic to be any good. Will give it a shot.

He is a top class interviewer.

BennyCake

Guests really do open up with Tommy. Rather than the usual bullshit, like lets see you win that gold medal or let's talk about your new book, guests aren't plugging anything

Some cracking interviews he's done. I laughed me hole off at the Frank Maloney interview. Or whatever name he/she is going by now.

Hardy

Yes - one of the very few must see items on TV.

square_ball

Quote from: BennyCake on June 29, 2019, 11:38:29 PM
Guests really do open up with Tommy. Rather than the usual bullshit, like lets see you win that gold medal or let's talk about your new book, guests aren't plugging anything

Some cracking interviews he's done. I laughed me hole off at the Frank Maloney interview. Or whatever name he/she is going by now.

That's what makes it work in my eyes. Obviously there's a little bit of self promotion being on it but there no albums or films or whatever else being rammed down your throat and you find out a little more about these people. Tommy not knowing who he he will be interviewing (genuine I think) is genius. The Paul McGrath one is a personal favourite.

screenexile

Stranger Things 3 is excellent!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 05, 2019, 10:13:31 PM
You watched it all? I'm wrecked but ploughing into episode 5 now  :'(

screenexile

Got 3 done yesterday and just finishing the last this evening with my wife being away for the night.

Setting up for a huge finale!

RedHand88

Struggled through 2nd series and parked it halfway through. Will have to get right back into it again I doubt.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 06, 2019, 11:21:01 AM

Struggled through 2nd series and parked it halfway through. Will have to get right back into it again I doubt.
3 is significantly better than 2. I think after the success of 1 they struggled a bit with ideas for 2.

laoislad

I really enjoyed 2. Looking forward to getting stuck into 3 tonight
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Yeah I liked 2 as well. Looking forward to 3.