The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

You have a point.

But I disagree.

The Harps are not long up.
Going down the last time was a disastrous few years for them.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois man

They harps had very powerful underage teams in the 80s aswell won all before them but when the got to u21 they fell away. Had a good minor team this year aswell but came up short in the final same sat in the U15 final where they came up again a very good Ctown team. A lot of underage talent in ctown the next few years should be bright for them.

Laois man

I am hearing Eamon Jackman is gone in as a laois senior hurling selector good appointment. Wonder is there many new faces gone in for pre season training?

mcwregor

Any word on whats happening with the minors and u20s for 2023?
I know some county minor teams are already back training and running trials. After last year its hugely important that we are at least competitive in the coming years. No word on whether Qualter and McGrath are staying on or not. Many months have rolled by since they were out of the championship. Personally i would love to see them stay on. Nothing was expected of that team at the outset of the year and it turned out to be one of the best years for our minor hurlers for a long long time. I think the management had a big part to play in developing those players and improving them.
No word on u20s either. They should have a strong enough panel with 7 or 8 starters available from this years team and add in the strong minors from this year too.

clonadmad

Quote from: mcwregor on October 21, 2022, 10:35:26 AM
Any word on whats happening with the minors and u20s for 2023?
I know some county minor teams are already back training and running trials. After last year its hugely important that we are at least competitive in the coming years. No word on whether Qualter and McGrath are staying on or not. Many months have rolled by since they were out of the championship. Personally i would love to see them stay on. Nothing was expected of that team at the outset of the year and it turned out to be one of the best years for our minor hurlers for a long long time. I think the management had a big part to play in developing those players and improving them.
No word on u20s either. They should have a strong enough panel with 7 or 8 starters available from this years team and add in the strong minors from this year too.

Trials currently ongoing for u14 football and hurling
Trials ongoing for 15's hurling at the minute with the football trials at this level due to take place within the next month

Minor Football and u20 Football up and running

Somebody better informed might be able to fill in the remaining pieces of the jigsaw

All other serious hurling counties are well up and running with their minor program for 2023

burdizzo

Trials for minor hurling in November, I believe.

mcwregor

burdizzo

Not decided yet, I'd imagine. Eddie Downey was over the u16 development squad this year.

burdizzo

There has been gym sessions through schools, to be fair.

Target Man

Very late to not have u20 and minor management in place  if that is the case

Robbo

I think Halley and damien Carter are confirmed aren't they.

Target Man

U20 and minor respectively?
Is Qualter not involved this year so?

Laois man

U20 hurling Sfinals this weekend. Aleix probably the stand out team in this grade but Camross come into the Sfinal with a good win over Cbolla so should push Aleix all the way. Harps v Rdowney in the other Sfinal harps should win this with all there underage talent this last number of years but you just never know with the harps. Best of luck to all teams in the A and B Sfinals.

Zooming around

When is the U21 A Hurling Final fixed for?

Spiritof1915

What a win for the camross u20 hurlers this afternoon. Mossy keyes is the real deal. They bulied a big strong physical abbeyleix team in their own patch. Fancy rathdowney Errill to win the other semi. The Harps down a good few apparently. 
Final down for next Saturday in the centre of excellence