Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2019, 07:04:42 PM
Donegal caught them on the hop. They never challenged them again.
Donegal nearly beat Dublin in 2011, they beat them in 2014, Dublin did not beat them easily in 2016, Donegal are back knocking on the door this year playing superb football.

Donegal is probably the worst located county economically in Ireland.

Donegal is doing something very right that other counties aren't doing.

Instead of blaming everything on Dublin, people would better off asking what it is that Donegal are doing right.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 05:47:00 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:38:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

Seriously? You're comparing those two incidents

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

Are some dives more acceptable than other dives?

Mannion didn't dive did he? He was actually push to the ground. He grabbed his face when he wasn't hit on the face but he didn't dive

Why are you feeding this troll?? Leave it be. He's really not worth it.

Meath showed no ambition today and were embarrassing. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a line worn into the pitch on the 2 45m lines were Meath spent so much time going side to side without ever offering anything going forward

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on June 23, 2019, 07:18:50 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

Mannion didn't dive did he? He was actually push to the ground. He grabbed his face when he wasn't hit on the face but he didn't dive

Why are you feeding this troll?? Leave it be. He's really not worth it.

Meath showed no ambition today and were embarrassing. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a line worn into the pitch on the 2 45m lines were Meath spent so much time going side to side without ever offering anything going forward

Sweep, sweep.

Your hollow morals have been exposed once again.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Would dublin7 care to come out here and condemn the actions of Paul Mannion today?

It's a bit saddening that a moral champion, such as he, is having to make me come out and coerce this from him when it should be so true to his heart.

thejuice

Ok Sid give me a list of things we're not currently doing that will close the gap? I'll be sure to pass it on.

Dublin have won 7 all Ireland's this decade and unbeaten in how many years now? Those slip ups from about 5 years ago are blips on an ever upward turning curve.

And I don't see who I blamed for anything in my last post for anything than our own county board.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

shark

Quote from: Rossfan on June 23, 2019, 07:18:32 PM
Getting bucketloads of money from outside sources?

Yep, along with a couple of other counties. GAA need to centrally control all county teams spending. All teams prepared within a similar budget.

Rossfan

If I pay for a weekend away for the Ros panel in some hotel/training centre how will the GAA control that.
Like they do Manager's "expenses"???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
Ok Sid give me a list of things we're not currently doing that will close the gap? I'll be sure to pass it on.

Dublin have won 7 all Ireland's this decade and unbeaten in how many years now? Those slip ups from about 5 years ago are blips on an ever upward turning curve.

And I don't see who I blamed for anything in my last post for anything than our own county board.
I don't come from or live in Meath, so I'm not familiar with what's going on there.

But here's the reality:

The standard of coaching that Meath team is receiving is not good enough.

The players aren't fit enough or quick enough or strong enough.

That isn't the case with Donegal, Mayo, Tyrone, Monaghan or Roscommon, and Meath has big advantages over all those counties in terms of location and population.

So, clearly, those counties have been and are doing things right that Meath are not doing and haven't been doing for nearly two decades now.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 06:32:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 06:23:00 PM

#

He dived, he went down holding his face when his face wasn't even touched. He tried to get his opponent sent off by making it look like they did something worse than they did. Those are all the parallels of the McCann incident, the motive, the deception, the action - it's cheating but the hypocrisy and double standards around it seem to be dictated by the team the player plays for.

Now, I'll ask again - are some dives more acceptable than other dives?

And I will answer again, he didn't dive. The Meath lad grabbed him by the collar of his shirt push him back and shoved him to the ground. That's not a dive is it?

He didn't dive?

I'll disagree with that and I don't believe youwhen you say he didn't dive so I'll put it this way to you:

Was it simulation? Did he try to get his opponent sent off by means of deception? Do you believe Mannion did nothing wrong?

Are some acts of simulation more acceptable than other acts of simulations?

I've already condemned him earlier in the thread. What he done was wrong. However, he didn't dive, he was actually pushed to the ground unlike McCann.
There was a Meath man threw himself to the ground after a wee push in his chest. Are you going to bring him up or does the players you highlight depend on whether they wear a Dublin jersey or not? I'm not a Dub by the way in case you are wondering. I don't like diving and I don't like holding your face when you do actually get a shove 

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 07:51:11 PM

#

He dived, he went down holding his face when his face wasn't even touched. He tried to get his opponent sent off by making it look like they did something worse than they did. Those are all the parallels of the McCann incident, the motive, the deception, the action - it's cheating but the hypocrisy and double standards around it seem to be dictated by the team the player plays for.

And I will answer again, he didn't dive. The Meath lad grabbed him by the collar of his shirt push him back and shoved him to the ground. That's not a dive is it?

He didn't dive?

I'll disagree with that and I don't believe youwhen you say he didn't dive so I'll put it this way to you:

Was it simulation? Did he try to get his opponent sent off by means of deception? Do you believe Mannion did nothing wrong?

I've already condemned him earlier in the thread. What he done was wrong. However, he didn't dive, he was actually pushed to the ground unlike McCann.
There was a Meath man threw himself to the ground after a wee push in his chest. Are you going to bring him up or does the players you highlight depend on whether they wear a Dublin jersey or not? I'm not a Dub by the way in case you are wondering. I don't like diving and I don't like holding your face when you do actually get a shove

You didn't answer the questions posed to you. Can you please address them individually?

Also, it was a dive.

thejuice

So you say there's a lot we're not doing but here's the reality you don't actually know.

Meath have had strength and conditioning coaches since Banty took over. We must be using the wrong ones so.

Dublin's fitness I agree is above ours but honestly it's above everyone else's. Perhaps you can fill us in on the training regime of the Dublin squad so we all know what to aspire to. Dare I suggest you don't actually know that either.

As I already said we started late on improving things in the late 90's but to suggest that this Dublin team are just a slight cut above the rest because we're not putting in the effort is just wrong. I'm not blaming Dublin. You're making the most of your resources and we are trying to get the most of ours but I honestly don't think it will be enough if Dublin stay at the level they're at.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

kerryforsam19

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 07:53:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 07:51:11 PM

#

He didn't dive?

You didn't answer the questions posed to you. Can you please address them individually?

Also, it was a dive.

You're some boy. What exactly is a dove to you because being grabbed by the collar, forcibly moved back a few yards before being thrown to the ground certainly isn't

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2019, 07:45:28 PM
That isn't the case with Donegal, Mayo, Tyrone, Monaghan or Roscommon, and Meath has big advantages over all those counties in terms of location and population.

You can remove Monaghan from that list.