The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2012, 10:17:11 AM
Surprised that the channel 5 show on last night hasn't been mentioned, Being Liverpool, a very good insight into the inner works of the new set up, Brendan Rodgers comes across as a great fella and man management seems to be a thing he is very good at. Hopefully he does well, mainly cause he's a local lad and I hope he gets enough time for his system of play to be played without getting hounded out

It's shown on Friday nights, last night must have been a repeat.

You're welcome.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on September 25, 2012, 10:18:26 AM
Surprised that the channel 5 show on last night hasn't been mentioned, Being Liverpool, a very good insight into the inner works of the new set up, Brendan Rodgers comes across as a great fella and man management seems to be a thing he is very good at. Hopefully he does well, mainly cause he's a local lad and I hope he gets enough time for his system of play to be played without getting hounded out

You're welcome.

Oh, friday nights I'm busy  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2012, 10:23:24 AM

You're welcome.

Did he part with the silver shovel line last night?

J OGorman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 25, 2012, 10:25:19 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2012, 10:23:24 AM

You're welcome.

Did he part with the silver shovel line last night?

like you havent watched it

laoislad

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 25, 2012, 09:19:53 AM
Watched MOTD2 last night, the Liverpool supporting presenter, the former Liverpool legend defender, and the former Arsenal player, & self confessed boyhood Liverpool fan ALL agreed the referee got all the major calls on the day correct. Yet the Liverpool fans still feel agrieved?

League table doesn't lie!

Maybe you should go take a look and see what self confessed Liverpool hater Gary Neville said after the game on Sunday.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: laoislad on September 25, 2012, 10:42:03 AM
Watched MOTD2 last night, the Liverpool supporting presenter, the former Liverpool legend defender, and the former Arsenal player, & self confessed boyhood Liverpool fan ALL agreed the referee got all the major calls on the day correct. Yet the Liverpool fans still feel agrieved?

Maybe you should go take a look and see what self confessed Liverpool hater Gary Neville said after the game on Sunday.

I switched over to watch the AI Final on Sunday. Didn't record the analysis part either.
What did he say?

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 25, 2012, 11:26:45 AM

I switched over to watch the AI Final on Sunday. Didn't record the analysis part either.
What did he say?

They showed this replay (play from 1:10), strange that BBC didn't use it on MOTD2. Suarez clearly gets to the ball before Evans, Neville said it was a penalty.

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/03/14-manchester-united-vs-liverpool-live-highlights.html
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on September 25, 2012, 11:40:09 AM

What did he say?

They showed this replay (play from 1:10), strange that BBC didn't use it on MOTD2. Suarez clearly gets to the ball before Evans, Neville said it was a penalty.

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/03/14-manchester-united-vs-liverpool-live-highlights.html

It was a pen but we all know why he did not get it..

laoislad

What did he say?

In a nutshell he said Liverpool were hard done by on the major decisions,they should have had a peno,Shelvey shouldn't have been sent off and United should not have had a peno.
Strange that Suarez's supposed reputation is going against him with penalty decisions.How many times did Ashley Young dive for penos last year yet was always given the penalty despite his reputation...Probably helps that he is English I suppose.
Danny Welbeck is at it now as well. For what its worth I don't think Valencia dived I think he lost his balance but it still wasn't a penalty.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on September 25, 2012, 12:54:38 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 25, 2012, 11:40:09 AM

What did he say?

It was a pen but we all know why he did not get it..
with the suarez penalty shout i think it was a 50-50 call to be honest, sometimes you get them, sometimes you dont, but the fact that it was on suarez, meant it was NEVER going to be given.
the united penalty decison on the other hand was never ever a penalty no matter who was involved!!
I agree with what neville and redknapp said about the sending off, the sensible thing to do would have been a yellow each and talk to the two players and tell them to calm it down abit, but if he felt he had to send shelvey off, then Evans had to go aswell
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GalwayBayBoy

You don't have much of an argument if you are relying on Colin Murray and Mark Lawrenson for your opinions on football.

stew

Evans should have gotten a red, Suarez should have gotten a penalty but didnt, Valencia's was a stonewall penalty and Liverpool got jobbed.

United's form thus far has been underwhelming and to me they look like a team that is going to finish outside the top three, Arsenal seem to be the real deal, City are going nowhere and Chelski are going to be a handful for anybody.

I don't know why united don't play like they did at the start of last season, fast, exciting, attacking play, Liverpool had more possession and looked to be the better team, they will climb out of this mess but they are going to need to invest heavily in a goalscorer or three in January.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

Suarez, even with his reputation would have had more chance of a pen if he hadnt totally overdone the fall. His reputation hurts, but when added to the theatrics it makes it even less likely.
This really pisses me off about suarez

stew

Quote from: nifan on September 25, 2012, 03:36:15 PM
Suarez, even with his reputation would have had more chance of a pen if he hadnt totally overdone the fall. His reputation hurts, but when added to the theatrics it makes it even less likely.

The same can be said about players on all teams at this stage, until the refs start doling out cards for playacting this will continue to determine games and undermine the integrity of the sport.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J OGorman

Quote from: nifan on September 25, 2012, 03:36:15 PM

Id agree. Watching it happen live, I was telling Suarez to get the buck up. On replay its a penalty, but its also a dive