Previous topic - Next topic

Blow-in

No future to Laois hurling if this is the road clubs are going down

clonadmad

More merit to it than the Gaels combinations

blueandwhite1

Quote from: clonadmad on November 28, 2018, 03:47:33 PM
More merit to it than the Gaels combinations

I agree. Good luck to Abbeyleix / Ballinakill. They will have a big catchment area and Abbeyleix have developed good underage structures in recent years. In my view full fusions bring energy and excitement to an area and they have more resources and facilities combined to get more lads hurling and better coaching structures. Fair play to them. It will improve the quality of the senior hurling championship too which is always going to help the county team.

LOVEGAA

Hope this works out for them. Best of luck to both clubs

Blow-in

Both clubs not in the same parish

Rusty

Article states that if amalgamtion goes ahead the two clubs will create junior c football teams each keep clubs alive instead of going fully together. Could someone play hurling with the new team , junior a football in ballyroan and junior c football with abbeyleix? Is that allowed?

BallyroanAbbey

Its as cowardly a move as has been seen in a long time, they have taken the easy way out instead of trying to take the final step, both have been to semi finals in recent years, i hope they remember that for every rathdowney/errill there is a harps also

Blow-in

How our county board can allow this is a joke. They have no interest in promoting hurling. What's to stop Castletown and Portlaoise from joining up for example??? Hurling is on its knees in this county. I would have no problem with this join up of they were the same parish. Shambles of a decision but nothing surprises me with the attitude and short sightedness of some people in this county. I'm completely fed up and disillousioned with Laois GAA being honest.

hurlingmad

Both teams have been in semi finals in the last 3 years, but its only hurling im sure the county board are more interested in the junior c football teams they plan on setting up

The PRO

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on November 28, 2018, 06:23:05 PM
Its as cowardly a move as has been seen in a long time, they have taken the easy way out instead of trying to take the final step, both have been to semi finals in recent years, i hope they remember that for every rathdowney/errill there is a harps also
Yes. Or a Ballyroan Abbey!

Bud Wiser

If I was in Ballypickas surrounded by Ballinakill, Spink, Ballyroan/Abbey, Abbeyleix, Id feel like a black man in Alabama.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Keyser Söze

Article seems to imply that you could hurl for Abbeykill, play football for Ballinakill and play football for Spink. I cannot see how this is possible.

Surely there will be a name change at the Ballaroan AGM, whether this goes through or not.

I think it would be a shocking decision. Both clubs have put huge effort into their underage for the last 5/6 years. Why jump now.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

As I said elsewhere, Abbeyleix gave up and football a few years ago, and now hurling. I am extremely disappointed in both clubs, but especially them.

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2018, 09:00:08 PM
As I said elsewhere, Abbeyleix gave up and football a few years ago, and now hurling. I am extremely disappointed in both clubs, but especially them.

The most interesting thing will be whether it gets through both of their agms. 75% majority needed on both sides. Will be absolute madness if that goes through.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail