Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

QuotePat Kenny again reading out scurrilous texts on the radio

Can I presume these are from "disgusted" in Ardee etc?

Hardy

p***k Kenny now asking how Meath payers can look their children in the eye. Jesus Christ. The children, but this time it's not crying Louth children.

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

Turn off the wireless before Dunphy rows in with his tuppence worth.

zoyler

Hardy - obviously you have not been following the thread - in numerous posts if have said that nothing justifies the assult and do you deny that people get upset when they are denied what is rightfully theirs. 

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Hardy on July 13, 2010, 11:06:26 AM
Kenny now saying his sources are saying the reason Meath players are not willing to replay is because three of them were thumped by Louth players when they went to shake hands after the game.

Thats shocking if true and there is no excuse for that carry on.  How come this wasn't reported until now, you would think someone would have spotted this on the pitch if it happened.  Emotions may have been running high abutwhat ever about not wanting to shake hands, attacking the players is just not on.

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 13, 2010, 11:14:32 AM
Hardy

Turn off the wireless before Dunphy rows in with his tuppence worth.
I turned it off by throwing it at the wall.

Hardy

Quote from: zoyler on July 13, 2010, 11:14:45 AM
Hardy - obviously you have not been following the thread - in numerous posts if have said that nothing justifies the assult and do you deny that people get upset when they are denied what is rightfully theirs. 

Fair enough, but every "but" dilutes the condemnation of the assault. People shouldn't attack the ref, "but.... "

I stop my condemnation at the word before "but".

deiseach

Ah, Hardy. One moment you're denouncing him for reading out scurrilous texts. The next moment you're propogating them! Turn off the bleedin' radio.

Jinxy

What will the nation be outraged about next week?
And believe me, it will be something else next week.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on July 13, 2010, 11:19:06 AM
Ah, Hardy. One moment you're denouncing him for reading out scurrilous texts. The next moment you're propogating them! Turn off the bleedin' radio.
It's in bits!

(For clarity, the one about the punches wasn't a text - Kenny said it was his "sources").

magpie seanie

When the likes of Pat Kenny are getting involved in a GAA story its well out of hand.

There was no decision for Meath to take. Nowhere in rule is there a provision for a replay. I would oppose any criticism of Meath GAA or their county panel and dismiss it out of hand.

The real problem here is the cowardly actions of the GAA at Central level and the CCCC in particular. The rule says that the committee in charge (the CCCC in this case) award the game on foot of the referees reports. The referee has reviewed video evidence and informed the CCCC that he awarded a goal incorrectly to Meath. Therefore the CCCC should award the game to Louth. Meath would then have to decide whether they would object to this decision or not. The clear and key difference with this case and all others that have been mentioned is that the referee has accepted after reviewing video evidence that he was wrong. Frankly the GAA saying they can't do anything is a blatant lie and should be exposed as such. Goes to show the Uncle Tom's we have posing as journalists in this country.

Hardy

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2010, 11:23:42 AM
When the likes of Pat Kenny are getting involved in a GAA story its well out of hand.

There was no decision for Meath to take. Nowhere in rule is there a provision for a replay. I would oppose any criticism of Meath GAA or their county panel and dismiss it out of hand.

The real problem here is the cowardly actions of the GAA at Central level and the CCCC in particular. The rule says that the committee in charge (the CCCC in this case) award the game on foot of the referees reports. The referee has reviewed video evidence and informed the CCCC that he awarded a goal incorrectly to Meath. Therefore the CCCC should award the game to Louth. Meath would then have to decide whether they would object to this decision or not. The clear and key difference with this case and all others that have been mentioned is that the referee has accepted after reviewing video evidence that he was wrong. Frankly the GAA saying they can't do anything is a blatant lie and should be exposed as such. Goes to show the Uncle Tom's we have posing as journalists in this country.
I'd agree to an extent, Seanie, except that the decision should be made by the referee on the day, on the spot, with the aid of whatever consultation or technology is available.

There could be many ways to do it. One approach might be borrowed from tennis. The captains have two or three review requests per game to use at their discretion, be it a penalty decision, a disputed score or a sideline - whatever. When the review request is made, the referee has a procedure to follow - consult the other officials and the TMO, etc.

I'm not in favour of deciding the result of a match by committee sometime afterwards. Otherwise we'll be walking down Clonliffe Road after big matches saying "that was a great match. I wonder who won it."

Shamrock Shore

QuoteKenny has whipped me into such a frenzy that I've just reported Hardy to the Mods 'cos he's from Meath'.
:D

I hope the Langers are not crowing too much Hardy. Nothing worse than a shower of Cork hoors acting further than usual above their station.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

It's tough enough going, to be honest, SS. I'm holding me own, so far.