Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteSligonian the sad thing here is that you're not even takin the piss. Happy for Sligo in general to have performed so well this year but you do them no favours spoutin shite like that.
I don't agree with sligonian but that's a nonsense post.

I wouldn't really call Sheridan a cheat, I don't blame him for diving over the line or arguing with the ref and umpire that it was a goal, all heat of the moment stuff but someone really needs to tell him to stop talking to the media, if he can't be honest. He's doing himself no favours and is adding fuel to the fire.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I am getting very sick of the spindoctors in the GAA today trying to make this all about a half dozen drunken morons who don't appear to own any GAA tops (red t-shirts and rugby jersies, I don't believe they are GAA followers at all).

The GAA is trying to take the heat off themselves and their officials. I do not condone the actions of the Louth idiots who ran on the pitch after the ref, but one of the shoulders looked softer than one on this man

by this man

where was the GAA spindoctors distraction tatics outrage then?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 03:39:41 PM
Sligonian, I have as much respect for your opinion as I have for the squealing of a stuck pig. You are one of those who seem to think it's excusable for people to attack a referee after a football match. On that account, I have zero time or respect for you.

What a very silly response. What the hell has the squealing of a stuck pig got to do with anything.

heffo

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 12, 2010, 06:26:27 PM
I am getting very sick of the spindoctors in the GAA today trying to make this all about a half dozen drunken morons who don't appear to own any GAA tops (red t-shirts and rugby jersies, I don't believe they are GAA followers at all).

The GAA is trying to take the heat off themselves and their officials. I do not condone the actions of the Louth idiots who ran on the pitch after the ref, but one of the shoulders looked softer than one on this man

by this man

Pillar shouldered Mercenary #2 in the back, was reported for it, the relevant body proposed a sanction and it was accepted.

Wherein lies the confusion or need for 'distraction tactics outrage'?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: heffo on July 12, 2010, 06:56:44 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 12, 2010, 06:26:27 PM

by this man

Pillar shouldered Mercenary #2 in the back, was reported for it, the relevant body proposed a sanction and it was accepted.

Wherein lies the confusion or need for 'distraction tactics outrage'?

Yip but no one was calling for the Gardai other Gardai to get involved or to stop managers from entering the field of play.

I firmly believe the GAA spindoctors are on overdrive to distract people from the major balls up of a goal that never was and a title that went to the wrong county.

INDIANA

Sligonian, I have as much respect for your opinion as I have for the squealing of a stuck pig. You are one of those who seem to think it's excusable for people to attack a referee after a football match. On that account, I have zero time or respect for you.

Nice deflection. What is embarrassing for me is the sheer lack of good grace from some of the Meath fans I've spoken to. They say Kerrymen are the cutest hoors out there, well some meath men aren't far off it. Even last night there was nothing said about the refereeing shambles that exists in the GAA. We have officials standing at each goal who have no basic knowledge of the rules. We may as well go to Dublin Zoo and hire a couple of chimpanzees for the day to do umpire because they have no powers and are as blind as Stevie Wonder with a bag over his head.
I've already said the louth muppets should get  a lifetime ban. You can't lay a hand on a ref anywhere. Even if a team were metaphorically takiing it up the ass for 60 mins you cannot lay a finger on a ref.Those idiots probably have no connection with any Gaa club and are an example of the sort of muppets who get access to tickets through Knackermaster. I see enough of these tulips on the Hill and they constantly bring shame on all the decent GAA fans out there. The simple solution to pitch invasions is to do with the Aussies do. Anyone caught tresspassing on the field of play in Australia gets a 5k fine. That would soften the cough of those clowns yesterday. They'd probably ask the social welfare to pay it for them. Probably 3 and a half braincells between the lot of them.

However the GAA are using the aftermath to deflect away from the refereeing shambles that exists in the GAA and focus on the aftermath instead of alloting some level of time to how in Gods creation that goal was ever allowed to stand. Where is the quality control in refereeing circles?

Sheridan has proven himself to be  a prize pratt in the aftermath. Seems like an individual who likes the limelight. Should be doing PR for the Iraqi Regime such is his resonance with Comical Ali. I don't blame him in claiming it was a goal at the time. But in the aftermath can he not keep his mouth shut? What happened to honesty , dececy and a bit of respect for the opposition. Or is that another pre- Celtic Tiger custom? Trying to still claim it was a goal is embarrassing for him and Meath football in general. Jaysus I'd  be sick to the pit of my stomach if a Dublin player was at the same thing.

Meath have to offer a replay I'd be appalled if they don't. A replay they will win in my view. Far nicer to be drinking out of the Delaney Cup after winning fair and square.

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2010, 07:18:29 PM
Did Dublin offer Tyrone a replay in 95?

I hope to God Meath tell them to get stuffed.

for a 50/50 decision? Give me a break Trying to equate the two is embarrassing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2010, 07:18:29 PM
Did Dublin offer Tyrone a replay in 95?

I hope to God Meath tell them to get stuffed.

Why hardstation?

Louth Exile

Quote from: Main Street on July 12, 2010, 04:17:43 PM
I hope the Louth co board have issued an unreserved apology to Sludden, and the GAA for those scenes and accept that there was absolutely no justification for those attempts at mindless thuggery.

I don't see how it is responsibility of the Louth County Board to apologies for the mindless actions of individuals who were not there representing our county! The county board should (and has) aided with the identifying of these individuals and bringing them to appropriate justice. As I posted earlier, an ex player was in contact with the man who struck Mark Ward to identitfy himself to the Gardai and he has done so.

Sludden should apologies to the Louth players and management who had this massive achievement stripped away from them due to his incompetence/arrogance/malevolence/panic. Nobody but he can answer why he did what he did!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 12, 2010, 07:29:22 PM
I hope the Louth co board have issued an unreserved apology to Sludden, and the GAA for those scenes and accept that there was absolutely no justification for those attempts at mindless thuggery.

I don't see how it is responsibility of the Louth County Board to apologies for the mindless actions of individuals who were not there representing our county! The county board should (and has) aided with the identifying of these individuals and bringing them to appropriate justice. As I posted earlier, an ex player was in contact with the man who struck Mark Ward to identitfy himself to the Gardai and he has done so.

Sludden should apologies to the Louth players and management who had this massive achievement stripped away from them due to his incompetence/arrogance/malevolence/panic. Nobody but he can answer why he did what he did!

+1

Hardy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 12, 2010, 07:13:18 PM

Nice deflection.

What are you prattling about?

What is embarrassing for me is the sheer lack of good grace from some of the Meath fans I've spoken to. They say Kerrymen are the cutest hoors out there, well some meath men aren't far off it.

Some Dublin people are criminals and crack heads. Your point?

Sheridan has proven himself to be  a prize pratt in the aftermath. Seems like an individual who likes the limelight. Should be doing PR for the Iraqi Regime such is his resonance with Comical Ali. I don't blame him in claiming it was a goal at the time. But in the aftermath can he not keep his mouth shut? What happened to honesty , dececy and a bit of respect for the opposition. Or is that another pre- Celtic Tiger custom? Trying to still claim it was a goal is embarrassing for him and Meath football in general. Jaysus I'd  be sick to the pit of my stomach if a Dublin player was at the same thing.

What have you heard from Joe Sheridan since his interview in the dressingroom within minutes of the game? Even if he's still saying the same today, is he not entitled to give his opinion in answer to a question?

Meath have to offer a replay

Meath don't have to do anything, least of all take responsibility for someone else's erroneous decisions. If they do offer a replay (and I wouldn't blame them if they dig their heels in in the face of DEMANDS that they do), it will be an act of good will.

I'd be appalled if they don't.

And we'd get over that.

Maguire01

Those idiots probably have no connection with any Gaa club and are an example of the sort of muppets who get access to tickets through Knackermaster.
That's a bit of a broad brush. I've bought my Ulster final tickets off TM. I'll have been to a lot more games than plenty who secure their tickets through the clubs. And I have no plans to deck the ref, regardless of what happens next weekend.

Main Street

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 12, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Apologising for the action of those blaggards does not assume responsibility for them.

Sludden does not nor should have to apologise for his refereeing. I am sure he will see he made a big mistake. The responsibility for his refereeing is with the GAA who appointed him. After the game he was subject to vile attacks. All in all a black day for the GAA and as I am not from Louth (but seriously wanted then to win), I'd regard the attacks as the most serious aspect.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 07:44:37 PM

Nice deflection.

What are you prattling about?

What is embarrassing for me is the sheer lack of good grace from some of the Meath fans I've spoken to. They say Kerrymen are the cutest hoors out there, well some meath men aren't far off it.

Some Dublin people are criminals and crack heads. Your point?

What have you heard from Joe Sheridan since his interview in the dressingroom within minutes of the game? Even if he's still saying the same today, is he not entitled to give his opinion in answer to a question?

Meath have to offer a replay

Meath don't have to do anything, least of all take responsibility for someone else's erroneous decisions. If they do offer a replay (and I wouldn't blame them if they dig their heels in in the face of DEMANDS that they do), it will be an act of good will.

I'd be appalled if they don't.

And we'd get over that.

If you can't see the difference between a player chancing his arm in a match and contuining a charade of protesting it was a goal 24 hours later. Well who needs Max Clifford. Just ask a Meathman.