Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I was thinking the same thing Maguire.

Anyway they've moved on to Tesco not delivering to D8 because it's too dangerous now :D. Next.

ballinaman

Quote from: Square Ball on July 12, 2010, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 12, 2010, 02:09:00 PM
Some awful fools on liveline at the mo....from all sides.

It's all bout the ref incident so far, not surprised seeing as it's not a sport program.

can you post a link to liveline?
Segment is over now. Don't worry, ya didn't miss much.

Maguire01

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 12, 2010, 02:14:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing Maguire.

Anyway they've moved on to Tesco not delivering to D8 because it's too dangerous now :D. Next.
They should put fences around D8.

talktothehand

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 11, 2010, 04:17:05 PM
Quote from: talktothehand on July 11, 2010, 03:54:38 PM
if sludden didn't see it why the f**k not??? he was the referee!! if i was a louth man i'd have found it very hard to have behaved myself. i nearly kicked the telly in ffs. spillane was shaking he was that angry. how those two c***ts of umpires contrived the decision with the ref is beyond a joke. louth worthy champions!!! well done the wee county! sludden, you have disgraced our country you tr**p!

Dont you think your going a bit overboard here calling him a tr**p?? No need for that he made a bad mistake and you call him a tr**p? Your actually nearly condoning the actions of the Louth fans who in my view should never be allowed near a GAA match for the rest of their lives and who are the real tramps in this instance.

PS Full Moon wise up and please stop posting nonsense.

written in the heat of the moment but to be honest if the referee hadn't made the mistake would anyone have been on the pitch????

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 12, 2010, 12:56:03 PM
Time to ask our USA friends on how the process of coaches challenging the NFL official's decision is viewed. 

I think each coach has one challenge per half, so he better use it wisely.  Ref goes off to look at replay and has a max amount of time to review the incident.  Ref can agree with original decision or change it if video convinces him the call was wrong.

All controversial issues in the last few minutes are reviewed by some panel in the TV booth.

Is that about the size of it?

What would it entail to put this in force for championship games? 

Or even the way the ref asks for help in the rugby when a try may or may not have been scored...nothing wrong with asking for help if in doubt.

We could learn alot from our friends in the NFL.  As I said in the other thread on this subject Video Ref is the way to go.  Even if just for Championship matches.

Hardy

Well, I’ve seen some hysteria in my time, but this takes the biscuit. It would be funny if it wasn’t gut-churningly hypocritical and cynical.

The most important thing that happened in Croke Park yesterday was that a voluntary steward was hit on the head with a bottle and could have been killed. I still don’t know how he is today. I scanned the papers and listened to the radio in vain. I read the 71 pages of this thread, but no news. I called Croke Park but just got a voicemail. I left a message asking about his well-being but I haven’t heard back yet.

Yet people here are capable of getting hysterical and invoking the human rights commission to reverse an erroneous decision in a football match. ONE erroneous decision among many, each of which had its influence on the outcome, regardless of the time they happened or whether they were given against a team in its first final for 50 years or the other team. People are screaming about “injustice” and “outrage” and “rights” and such shite. It was a game of football. Sport is like that.

I laughed when soccer was doing this to itself last winter. I’m sad that we seem to be just as ridiculous (and in some cases, worse than that) as a sporting community.

That stuff is just laughable, but the personal vilification of Joe Sheridan is unacceptable. People who should know better here should be ashamed of themselves and are no better than those setting up Facebook pages to vilify him. It’s not acceptable within our GAA community and you know it.

For one thing, if there is to be a rematch, consider Joe’s situation going out on the field in front of the animal element that infested the Louth support yesterday and the dangerous criminals who feel free to throw bottles at people’s heads, in a stadium where the authorities are incapable of enforcing crowd control measures. I suggest people here might give that a little thought before they post any more bile.

However, while those vilifying Joe range from unwise to bitter, those condoning the attacks on the referee are scum. You know who you are. If you have any doubt, get back to me and I’ll tell you to your face that you are low-lifes who have no place in any civilised community, never mind a sporting organisation.

If you want examples of how decent GAA people behave in the aftermath of what took place yesterday, read the posts of MidLouth and Louth Exile.

Oh – the match. A super performance from Louth, but a very disappointing display by Meath. The win was undeserved. I feel very bad for the Louth supporters and our Louth contingent here and, like the rest of Meath, I’m not celebrating. Most of all I’m disappointed that our team doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and our management doesn’t seem to know what to do on the sideline. But I’m not, as some sad lunatics here suggest I should be, ashamed of anything because of where I come from. I didn’t do anything to be ashamed of. Neither did the Meath team nor any of its players.

A rematch? Reverse the result? Someone from Croke Park calls to Navan for the cup and brings it to Dundalk? I don’t really give a shite. I’d welcome a rematch as an opportunity for the team to find its way and to get another bit of championship level exposure before the QF or qualifier. And because it would be the generous thing to do. Though the more I hear demands that Meath Co. Board should take responsibility for the officiating mistakes, the more I’m inclined to say “f**k off”.

But it’ll be interesting to see the posts of the hysterical ould wans here when next a team gains or loses a score that determines a match result because of an officiating error. Will they be calling for replays of them all or will they be explaining why one score wrongly allowed or disallowed in one match is more important than another in a different match? I’ll be watching with interest.

Actually, no – I won’t. You can guess why.

PS – Dara from Croke Park Communications Department just called back. I’m delighted to report the steward is OK. No major injury – just shaken.

Barney

Great post Hardy.

It is sad for the Meath lads that after 9 years they can't really enjoy their win.

Joe Sheridan did nothing wrong. He probably can't believe he got away with it.

It is not for Meath to sort this one out.

Mac2

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 03:20:02 PM
Well, I've seen some hysteria in my time, but this takes the biscuit. It would be funny if it wasn't gut-churningly hypocritical and cynical.

The most important thing that happened in Croke Park yesterday was that a voluntary steward was hit on the head with a bottle and could have been killed. I still don't know how he is today. I scanned the papers and listened to the radio in vain. I read the 71 pages of this thread, but no news. I called Croke Park but just got a voicemail. I left a message asking about his well-being but I haven't heard back yet.

Yet people here are capable of getting hysterical and invoking the human rights commission to reverse an erroneous decision in a football match. ONE erroneous decision among many, each of which had its influence on the outcome, regardless of the time they happened or whether they were given against a team in its first final for 50 years or the other team. People are screaming about "injustice" and "outrage" and "rights" and such shite. It was a game of football. Sport is like that.

I laughed when soccer was doing this to itself last winter. I'm sad that we seem to be just as ridiculous (and in some cases, worse than that) as a sporting community.

That stuff is just laughable, but the personal vilification of Joe Sheridan is unacceptable. People who should know better here should be ashamed of themselves and are no better than those setting up Facebook pages to vilify him. It's not acceptable within our GAA community and you know it.

For one thing, if there is to be a rematch, consider Joe's situation going out on the field in front of the animal element that infested the Louth support yesterday and the dangerous criminals who feel free to throw bottles at people's heads, in a stadium where the authorities are incapable of enforcing crowd control measures. I suggest people here might give that a little thought before they post any more bile.

However, while those vilifying Joe range from unwise to bitter, those condoning the attacks on the referee are scum. You know who you are. If you have any doubt, get back to me and I'll tell you to your face that you are low-lifes who have no place in any civilised community, never mind a sporting organisation.

If you want examples of how decent GAA people behave in the aftermath of what took place yesterday, read the posts of MidLouth and Louth Exile.

Oh – the match. A super performance from Louth, but a very disappointing display by Meath. The win was undeserved. I feel very bad for the Louth supporters and our Louth contingent here and, like the rest of Meath, I'm not celebrating. Most of all I'm disappointed that our team doesn't seem to be going anywhere and our management doesn't seem to know what to do on the sideline. But I'm not, as some sad lunatics here suggest I should be, ashamed of anything because of where I come from. I didn't do anything to be ashamed of. Neither did the Meath team nor any of its players.

A rematch? Reverse the result? Someone from Croke Park calls to Navan for the cup and brings it to Dundalk? I don't really give a shite. I'd welcome a rematch as an opportunity for the team to find its way and to get another bit of championship level exposure before the QF or qualifier. And because it would be the generous thing to do. Though the more I hear demands that Meath Co. Board should take responsibility for the officiating mistakes, the more I'm inclined to say "f**k off".

But it'll be interesting to see the posts of the hysterical ould wans here when next a team gains or loses a score that determines a match result because of an officiating error. Will they be calling for replays of them all or will they be explaining why one score wrongly allowed or disallowed in one match is more important than another in a different match? I'll be watching with interest. Actually, no – I won't. You can guess why.

PS – Dara from Croke Park Communications Department just called back. I'm delighted to report the steward is OK. No major injury – just shaken.
Those calling for a match reversal don't want to think about the ramifications of this down the line, justice now and all will be well but it won't as we've seen with county boards pulling all kinds of stunts to get players off etc.

Maguire01

PS – Dara from Croke Park Communications Department just called back. I'm delighted to report the steward is OK. No major injury – just shaken.
Good news and fair play to yourself for enquiring.

SLIGONIAN

Well, I've seen some hysteria in my time, but this takes the biscuit. It would be funny if it wasn't gut-churningly hypocritical and cynical.

The most important thing that happened in Croke Park yesterday was that a voluntary steward was hit on the head with a bottle and could have been killed. I still don't know how he is today. I scanned the papers and listened to the radio in vain. I read the 71 pages of this thread, but no news. I called Croke Park but just got a voicemail. I left a message asking about his well-being but I haven't heard back yet.

Yet people here are capable of getting hysterical and invoking the human rights commission to reverse an erroneous decision in a football match. ONE erroneous decision among many, each of which had its influence on the outcome, regardless of the time they happened or whether they were given against a team in its first final for 50 years or the other team. People are screaming about "injustice" and "outrage" and "rights" and such shite. It was a game of football. Sport is like that.

I laughed when soccer was doing this to itself last winter. I'm sad that we seem to be just as ridiculous (and in some cases, worse than that) as a sporting community.

That stuff is just laughable, but the personal vilification of Joe Sheridan is unacceptable. People who should know better here should be ashamed of themselves and are no better than those setting up Facebook pages to vilify him. It's not acceptable within our GAA community and you know it.

For one thing, if there is to be a rematch, consider Joe's situation going out on the field in front of the animal element that infested the Louth support yesterday and the dangerous criminals who feel free to throw bottles at people's heads, in a stadium where the authorities are incapable of enforcing crowd control measures. I suggest people here might give that a little thought before they post any more bile.

However, while those vilifying Joe range from unwise to bitter, those condoning the attacks on the referee are scum. You know who you are. If you have any doubt, get back to me and I'll tell you to your face that you are low-lifes who have no place in any civilised community, never mind a sporting organisation.

Oh – the match. A super performance from Louth, but a very disappointing display by Meath. The win was undeserved. I feel very bad for the Louth supporters and our Louth contingent here and, like the rest of Meath, I'm not celebrating. Most of all I'm disappointed that our team doesn't seem to be going anywhere and our management doesn't seem to know what to do on the sideline. But I'm not, as some sad lunatics here suggest I should be, ashamed of anything because of where I come from. I didn't do anything to be ashamed of. Neither did the Meath team nor any of its players.

A rematch? Reverse the result? Someone from Croke Park calls to Navan for the cup and brings it to Dundalk? I don't really give a shite. I'd welcome a rematch as an opportunity for the team to find its way and to get another bit of championship level exposure before the QF or qualifier. And because it would be the generous thing to do. Though the more I hear demands that Meath Co. Board should take responsibility for the officiating mistakes, the more I'm inclined to say "f**k off".

But it'll be interesting to see the posts of the hysterical ould wans here when next a team gains or loses a score that determines a match result because of an officiating error. Will they be calling for replays of them all or will they be explaining why one score wrongly allowed or disallowed in one match is more important than another in a different match? I'll be watching with interest.

Actually, no – I won't. You can guess why.

Joe isnt exactly innoncent, he dived over the line, no one else, also his aftermatch comments are a disgrace, it was a clear goal, blah lieing through his teeth, the man clearly hasnt a honest bone in his body, the other thing was him laughing going off the pitch, and he will be celebrating this one, the man has no conscience or compassion for louth, which lacks class in my book.

Its certainly not meath fault but there no need to lie about or rub it in people faces either as what joe did.

I dont boo free takers and it does annoy me but its a free country, if fans pay 30 euro and they want to boo let them, its no big deal and works against them anyway.

The only incident i condemn yday is the bottle thrown at the steward (im glad to hear hes ok), the rest as far as im concerned was handbags and intimidation and is been blown of all proportion imo. Assault is not how i would describe it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hardy

Sligonian, I have as much respect for your opinion as I have for the squealing of a stuck pig. You are one of those who seem to think it's excusable for people to attack a referee after a football match. On that account, I have zero time or respect for you.

Mac2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 12, 2010, 03:36:03 PM

But it'll be interesting to see the posts of the hysterical ould wans here when next a team gains or loses a score that determines a match result because of an officiating error. Will they be calling for replays of them all or will they be explaining why one score wrongly allowed or disallowed in one match is more important than another in a different match? I'll be watching with interest.

Actually, no – I won't. You can guess why.

Joe isnt exactly innoncent, he dived over the line, no one else, also his aftermatch comments are a disgrace, it was a clear goal, blah lieing through his teeth, the man clearly hasnt a honest bone in his body, the other thing was him laughing going off the pitch, and he will be celebrating this one, the man has no conscience or compassion for louth, which lacks class in my book.

Its certainly not meath fault but there no need to lie about or rub it in people faces either as what joe did.

I dont boo free takers and it does annoy me but its a free country, if fans pay 30 euro and they want to boo let them, its no big deal and works against them anyway.

The only incident i condemn yday is the bottle thrown at the steward (im glad to hear hes ok), the rest as far as im concerned was handbags and intimidation and is been blown of all proportion imo. Assault is not how i would describe it.
So you're ok with fellas coming on a pitch jostling a ref then? FFS what mindset or anger is inside these guys that they feel the right to attempt to meet out their own justice, you cannot justify it.

GalwayBayBoy

Sheridan took a chance during a game. Can't blame him for that. it was so outrageous he probably couldn't believe it wasn't spotted by the officials. That said he probably should have kept his counsel afterwards because he's come out with nothing but complete cobblers ever since in the media which reflects poorly on him.

Maguire01

The only incident i condemn yday is the bottle thrown at the steward (im glad to hear hes ok), the rest as far as im concerned was handbags and intimidation and is been blown of all proportion imo.
Disgraceful that you won't condemn what happened the ref too.

Assault is not how i would describe it.
Thankfully you're not the law.

A standard definition of assault:
an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact

J OGorman

you still on here peddling your dung a day later? jesus wept