Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue and Navy

Full Moon, i'm not sure what is going on with you, but i think your being a bit disingenuous, people are feeling very strongly about what happened in Croke Park today, and want to discuss it properly, so maybe you should lay off the slagging for now.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

To be fair to the Louth fans, they were allowed to get to the ref and fans from any other county would have done the same or worse in the same situation. They were the better team and they won the game. The ref has raised the hand of the wrong boxer. It doesn't change the real result.

In the rest of the game I thought the ref was poor.

Warning while you were typing 25 new replies have been posted ::)

Bogball XV

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2010, 04:40:03 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 11, 2010, 04:36:20 PM
what did sheridan say? 
I feel very sorry for louth, an awful injustice, but if it'd been the other way round i'd have been happy enough and wouldn't be calling for a replay.  It's difficult, i certainly wouldn't blame sheridan (but then i thought what henry and suarez did was fair enough too) but you'd really have to question whether or not the umpires have a clue as to the rules of the game, also, i was sure i heard a whistle when the ball was going in in the first place
Louth should have had the game long over, but it wasn't to be.  Cruel, but that's why sport is so popular.

Yeah, myself and the wife heard the same in 'real' time.
i meant to rewind too, but turned it over to the golf for a second, so that opportunity was gone - maybe some of the louth lads will have taped it.

snoopdog

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:40:40 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 11, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:25:43 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2010, 04:21:18 PM
Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.

Fair play, you can be added to the list of people in Meath that deserve any respect.

- You
- Graham Geraghty

full moon you are an idiot, move to the hogan stand chat room where there are loads of k.nobs like you. dumbfcuk

I think your username says it all about you , "dog".

Does your mammy refer to you as "dog" when you sit on the couch eating crisps all day?

Anyone you may be banned after that embarrassing outburst.

if it means not  reading comments from idiots like you i dont mind.Your only on here to slag of meath, well done now leave the conversation to those who know about Gaelic football. i stand by all i said and im sure others would support me in it.

lawnseed

hold on! the gaa is not a dictatorship! there should be fair play. if enough members kick up then a replay shouldn't be a problem, also theres £££s on offer who wouldn't want to go to the replay. this is probably the most controversial outcome of a provincial final ever
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 04:45:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVFN0Q3su0 time to watch it again

It's very clear the ref give the goal  - he was writing it down and ran in to tell the umpires it was a goal.
Didnt even discuss it with the umpire
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full moon

Quote from: snoopdog on July 11, 2010, 04:45:56 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:40:40 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 11, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:25:43 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2010, 04:21:18 PM
Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.

Fair play, you can be added to the list of people in Meath that deserve any respect.

- You
- Graham Geraghty

full moon you are an idiot, move to the hogan stand chat room where there are loads of k.nobs like you. dumbfcuk

I think your username says it all about you , "dog".

Does your mammy refer to you as "dog" when you sit on the couch eating crisps all day?

Anyone you may be banned after that embarrassing outburst.

if it means not  reading comments from idiots like you i dont mind.Your only on here to slag of meath, well done now leave the conversation to those who know about Gaelic football. i stand by all i said and im sure others would support me in it.

So you admit you should be banned, well fair enough.

Go and sort out your head and grammar and then come back on and try to help people understand your opinions.

OverThePostsAWide

Referees appointing their own mates as umpires is an anachronism. The GAA see fit to appoint two inter-county referees as linesmen, but any Tom, Dick, or Harry can end up umpire in the most important day of the Leinster football calendar?  ???  How many match changing decisions are made by linesmen?

At least two of the umpires today were too blind, stupid or meek to do their job properly.  >:(

Sludden, his umpires, and the GAA as a whole are laughing stock today.  :-[

mylestheslasher

Looking at the replay on youtube i is clear that the umpire on the right had a totally clear line of sight to the incident. He was not even consulted by the ref. And looking at it again. If the ref was on the 45 he should've seen that was thrown. Could the ref really have made a "mistake", looks like he just wanted to give the win to Meath.

ross4life

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:48:19 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 04:45:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVFN0Q3su0 time to watch it again

It's very clear the ref give the goal  - he was writing it down and ran in to tell the umpires it was a goal.
Didnt even discuss it with the umpire

Agreed & he was more worried about booking all the louth players afterwards
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

cavanmaniac

Jasus fullmoon what are you taking?  :o

Equally outrageous stuff from the ref today though, what's most galling from a Louth perspective is that, IMO, the umpire knew it was no goal and therefore didn't raise the green flag until the ref instructed him to. If he'd been sure the goal was legal, he'd have had the flag up right away.

Louth fans were a disgrace at full-time though, whatever the provocation.

Calling Meath cheats is a nonsense as well, the reason we have things called refs etc. is because players need policing, expecting them to not what they can get away with is just daft thinking. We'd have no need for refs if such a Corinthian spirit existed on the field in big sport.

zoyler

The 'political' appointment of refs is at lasting catching up on the GAA.  In the last 10days we have seen officiating of such incompetence as to defy belief.  At one level FIFA are the most corrupt sporting organisation in the world - at another level we appear to have the old pals act with ref appointments - also corrupt but without the money!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:32:35 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 11, 2010, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2010, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

I doubt if more than half of the Meath players are even from Meath.

You sir are an idiot...

+1

Mayo man trying to keep "them" in power. No suprise the big cheeses in Mayo and Meath sticking up for each other.

O'Mahoney can represent Meath, he has nothing to work with in Mayo..

Louth is the 18'th most populated county in Ireland, Mayo is only 17'th, ya big Mayo against little Louth. If Square Kilometres won All-Irelands we would be 3'rd on the Table  ::)

Didn't see you screaming when Keith Higgins got sent off V Longford. Or is it only justice for some you are interested in?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

pintsofguinness

f**k me their talking about goal line technology at half time in the armagh game.  WE JUST NEED f**king DECENT UMPIRES!

Good man Oisin - got it spot on! no goal line tech needed, umpires afraid to make a decision.  Ref told them to put up the flag.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?