Joey Barton - Off to Sunderland?

Started by Mayo4Sam, May 02, 2007, 12:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Suitors queue up for cut-price Joey
Joey Barton is set to be sold by Manchester City this summer after his latest shame, with a clutch of clubs battling it out for his services.

The controversial midfielder has been suspended by City for the rest of the season after a training-ground fight with Ousmane Dabo which left his French team-mate being taken to hospital. Dabo is reported to have been punched repeatedly by Barton after a row erupted during a practice match.

Everton, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Sunderland are all tipped to bid for him this summer, with City finally ready to part with his services.

The brawl is the latest in a long line of unsavoury incidents that have blighted Barton's career. Manager Stuart Pearce and chairman John Wardle are believed have already agreed to wash their hands of the player and only a regime change may prolong Barton's City career beyond the summer.

Despite his bad-boy reputation, there will be no shortage of suitors. A week ago, the player would have been valued at around £5million, and although City may be willing to accept less for the player as a result of his latest misdemeanour, it is thought he could have his pick from several clubs.

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

full back

I see Barton's agent has said that it was the other fella that started
Maybe Joey Barton is getting a raw deal because of his reputation and past discrepancies
Although he does seem to be trying to emulate Keane, what with mouthing off about his team mates, lack of quality etc

Uladh

Barton will be going nowhere on the cheap. he's just signed a contract extension so city won't be rushing. plus, pearce will be gone in the summer and any incoming manager will inherit a poor enough squad without then selling one of the only 2 quality players they have.

Billys Boots

Quoteincoming manager

It's already set up to be Big Sam Allardyce isn't it?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Uladh

Depends who buys the club bb... ray ranson as big sam lined up but the thai prime minister is bidding too

An Fear Rua

Im hoping the fact that the other guy was black was pure coincidence. Barton is rumoured to have set fire to the lads clothes in the dressing room as he was on his way to hosipital  ;D ;D ;D

(assuming none of them smoke, wonder where he got a light from)
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Uladh on May 02, 2007, 12:17:03 PM
without then selling one of the only 2 quality players they have.

who is the other one???

(preparing myself to burst out laughing if he dares to say Richard Dunne)
Its Grim up North

Dinny Breen

Wouldn't be a bad buy for Arsenal, add a bit off steal to the midfield....
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

If he wasn't such a minker he'd be a good buy for most as he can play a bit. Hopefully, wherever he does go (or stay) he sorts himself out.

Uladh

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 02, 2007, 12:39:17 PM

who is the other one???

Micah Richards

An Fear Rua

Richards is raw at best, great engine and enthusiasm but absolutely no positional sense which is quite essential for a defender, Distin is a better player, and highly sought after.
Its Grim up North

bingobus

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 02, 2007, 12:39:17 PM

who is the other one???

Didi Hamman  ;)

Uladh

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 02, 2007, 12:57:18 PM
Richards is raw at best, great engine and enthusiasm but absolutely no positional sense which is quite essential for a defender, Distin is a better player, and highly sought after.

In your opinion

the colonel

QuoteRichards is raw at best, great engine and enthusiasm but absolutely no positional sense which is quite essential for a defender

if gary neville had what micah richards has at 18 he would have went on to be the best right back in the world. positional sense will come with experience as the more games he plays. he is a beast of a young fella
the difference between success and failure is energy

magpie seanie

If Micah Richards has what Gary Neville has when he's 31 he'll have done pretty well for himself.