American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Minder on September 06, 2018, 09:42:22 PM
If he was really good, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady good, he would be starting. He isn't so the owners obviously don't see it as being worth the hassle. He would be a marginal starter/good back up in my opinion.

he got his team to the superbowl in his 2nd season so that's nonsense/fake news

Rois

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 06, 2018, 11:03:48 PM
Should be a great game, Rois. A rivalry match-up with PAC implications.
Someone told me today you couldn't get a beer at a college football game, but I disagreed as I've been to two now and def had a beer or wine or sonething at half time at both.
Turns out we randomly went to two of the c.30 colleges where beer was sold. Not at Stanford tho!

gallsman

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on September 06, 2018, 11:10:10 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 06, 2018, 09:42:22 PM
If he was really good, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady good, he would be starting. He isn't so the owners obviously don't see it as being worth the hassle. He would be a marginal starter/good back up in my opinion.

he got his team to the superbowl in his 2nd season so that's nonsense/fake news

We're talking about Winston, not Kaepernick.

Gmac

Quote from: Rois on September 06, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
Someone told me today you couldn't get a beer at a college football game, but I disagreed as I've been to two now and def had a beer or wine or sonething at half time at both.
Turns out we randomly went to two of the c.30 colleges where beer was sold. Not at Stanford tho!
think u can get a drink if it's not in a college stadium like last week 2 teams played at Dallas cowboys stadium but u won't be getting one in Stanford, Palo Alto downtown just a short walk from stadium lots of yuppie wine bars there

gawa316

Quote from: Gmac on September 07, 2018, 10:10:48 PM
think u can get a drink if it's not in a college stadium like last week 2 teams played at Dallas cowboys stadium but u won't be getting one in Stanford, Palo Alto downtown just a short walk from stadium lots of yuppie wine bars there

Fresno State have just started serving drink again but it's in a designated beer tent outside the stadium and you can't bring it in to your seat. It's about $10 for a tall can though so it's a feckin rip off

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on September 07, 2018, 10:10:48 PM

Actually not that many Wine Bars on or off University Ave in Palo Alto. More Pubs trying to sell you expensive tequila. You can get all the beer you want though at the Old Pro or The Rose and Crown. If you want they will let you pay them over $100 for a bottle with a cork in it😜. Antonio's Nut House on California Ave is worth a visit if you want to see what " Googleites" and "Facebookies" can do to minimize the amount of beer a pub can sell!

Capt Pat

Bucs are up 31-24 on Saints at half time. I have the Saints in survival football and I am on course for a first round exit 2 years running.

gallsman

I'm up against Barkley, Mixon, Mike Thomas and the Ravens D ffs

Farrandeelin

Browns and Steelers gone to overtime.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 09, 2018, 09:22:46 PM

That was possibly the worst overtime I've ever seen. Dire stuff.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2018, 10:01:50 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 09, 2018, 09:22:46 PM

That was possibly the worst overtime I've ever seen. Dire stuff.

Only saw it once but when Schobert was running the INT back it looked like a Browns player nearby showboating and pointing to the end zone instead of blocking for him and allowing him to get in/get closer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Rodgers down and out of game already!
Bears addition of Mack looks great business already.

Carmen Stateside

Rodgers out to play second half so things can't be to serious

Capt Pat

Rodgers finished off the Bears late in the fourth quarter. The Bears threw it away in the second half

magpie seanie

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 10, 2018, 02:58:14 AM
Rodgers out to play second half so things can't be to serious

At his ould antics again. Was he limping around and then forgetting he was injured when he had to run? Great player, shouldn't be at that carry on.

Looks like the Bears just didn't do enough on offence. Was following text commentary in the bed and thought they'd use the lifeline provided by Mathews being a bone head but alas no. Tougher defences await so that's very disappointing. I didn't/don't but into the "this years Ram's" narrative but i'm expecting the offence to be a nice bit better.....last night would leave you wondering.