Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Bit of a stupid statement to say Martial has regressed. Been brilliant this season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 16, 2018, 08:00:54 PM
Bit of a stupid statement to say Martial has regressed. Been brilliant this season.
Just a tad stupid alright when you consider Martial has scored as much and has created as many chances this season as Sanchez has.

GJL

Jose signing until 2021.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: GJL on January 16, 2018, 11:18:40 PM
Jose signing until 2021.

Christmas 2018 has arrived early for Seany!

magpie seanie

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 17, 2018, 12:37:55 AM
Jose signing until 2021.

He has left before the end of his contracts in other places. I live in hope.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2018, 09:13:11 AM
Jose signing until 2021.

The signs before he joined were that he saw Utd as a long term project rather than the usual 3 year "win a league and run" job. Time will tell, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him see out the six year term - on the other hand, neither would I be overly surprised to see him involved in a bust up and leaving the club after 3/4 years. For now, I think he's the right option, bringing a bit of stability to the club and there aren't many better options out there. Hopefully there's a clause in the contract regarding league success and contract termination.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 17, 2018, 07:46:02 PM
Jose signing until 2021.

The signs before he joined were that he saw Utd as a long term project rather than the usual 3 year "win a league and run" job. Time will tell, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him see out the six year term - on the other hand, neither would I be overly surprised to see him involved in a bust up and leaving the club after 3/4 years. For now, I think he's the right option, bringing a bit of stability to the club and there aren't many better options out there. Hopefully there's a clause in the contract regarding league success and contract termination.

Same clause as Moyes,VanGaal got i can imagine. Failure to reach the champions league equals contract termination.

stiffler

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 17, 2018, 08:06:58 PM
Jose signing until 2021.

Same clause as Moyes,VanGaal got i can imagine. Failure to reach the champions league equals contract termination.

If Jose had lost v Ajax last season would he have been out of a job ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stiffler on January 17, 2018, 08:48:42 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 17, 2018, 08:06:58 PM
Jose signing until 2021.

If Jose had lost v Ajax last season would he have been out of a job ?
Yes i believe so and United were more in danger of losing the semi final v Celta Vigo than the final v Ajax.

magpie seanie

"Stabilty". "The right option".

The only reason he's there is to get in high profile players via his relationship with Raiola so that United can make more money on merchandise and sponsorship. It's all revenue driven. The Glazers couldn't give a fcuk if United never won the league or CL.......just keep the bobs rolling in. I'm pretty sure Jose will not win a league or CL with United and frankly until United start winning those trophies again it's a crisis.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 18, 2018, 09:20:06 AM

The only reason he's there is to get in high profile players via his relationship with Raiola so that United can make more money on merchandise and sponsorship. It's all revenue driven. The Glazers couldn't give a fcuk if United never won the league or CL.......just keep the bobs rolling in. I'm pretty sure Jose will not win a league or CL with United and frankly until United start winning those trophies again it's a crisis.

Not if the money keeps rolling in, just ask the Glaziers, rumours of a bid from the middle east for United.

The Glaziers arent the problem, the manager is the problem.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 02:59:50 PM

Not if the money keeps rolling in, just ask the Glaziers, rumours of a bid from the middle east for United.

You could almost say it's like building a house with no insulation but blaming the top quality windows for letting all the heat out?

StGallsGAA

Unless the Glazers also have a window fitting company then you're spelling their surname wrong  ;D

That aside,  which manager would you have at the club then?

Syferus

The quoted personal terms Sánchez has agreed to are jaw-dropping to say the least. And it sets the market for the likes of Hazzard, Pogba, De Bruyne, Salah (if his form continues) when their next contracts are decided.

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 18, 2018, 06:13:21 PM

Unless the Glazers also have a window fitting company then you're spelling their surname wrong  ;D

That aside,  which manager would you have at the club then?

Pep, Klopp, Del Bosque, Rafa, Rodgers.

Any one of these would do me, I know 2 are ex Liverpol managers and one is the current one, another is the city manager but I would take any of these all day long over the sour faced shithead currently in charge.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.