Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Pochettino or Simeone if you want names. Tuchel I don't know much about but looks promising.

Louis Van Gaal won a lot of things in the past too and look how that turned out. In case people forget, United missed out on CL last year on goal difference, finishing 5th. Two other teams have passed United out this season with Leicester dropping down.

No one has a divine right to success but with the financial clout United have they really should at least be challenging for the big titles every year.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 17, 2017, 10:15:28 AM
Pochettino or Simeone if you want names. Tuchel I don't know much about but looks promising.

Louis Van Gaal won a lot of things in the past too and look how that turned out. In case people forget, United missed out on CL last year on goal difference, finishing 5th. Two other teams have passed United out this season with Leicester dropping down.

No one has a divine right to success but with the financial clout United have they really should at least be challenging for the big titles every year.

Yeah you would think United finished about 15th last year the way some are talking about the task that was ahead of Mourinho.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

snoopdog

Pochettino  has won nothing. Couldn't beat Leicester to a place title in a poor premier league.  United have a very average squad. Mourinho is on the verge of winning 2 trophies in his 1st season ffs no utd manager has ever won anything in their 1st year and with a good transfer window utd will be much better next season. Jose is the man for the job.

Maroon Manc

Seanie your view is clouded because you can't stand Mourinho, there isn't a manager out there with a better record than Mourinho given the clubs he has managed to bring success too. Fergie was guilty of acting the p***k on many occasions and was well out order with the way he treated several players.

I'd be very confident we'd have made top 4 if we hadn't been playing in Europe the last 3 months, league form has clearly been affected and isn't a clear reflection of where we are. We'll have played 15 more games than Chelsea come the end of the season which is a huge difference considering their in the cup final.

Mourinho may well not be the same manager he was 10 years ago but I'm certainly prepared to give him more than 1 season to find out given how poor we've been in the previous 3 seasons and given the amount of average players we've bought.

Keyser soze

What has either of them won? Simeone La LIga? Overacheiving with a small club is a world away from taking the reins at Utd. Even when Jose moved form Porto it was only to Chelsea, not one of the 2 giants.

it is clear that there are a large number of players that Jose has no faith in, and quite rightly so IMO

Taylor

Would Klopp have done any better if he was in charge if Utd this season?

Kidder81

United had no European football in January, two games a month in February, March & April.

It's hardly baseball type fixtures

After those European games they had only 3 Premier League games, they won all three.

gallsman

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 17, 2017, 11:19:31 AM

What has either of them won? Simeone La LIga? Overacheiving with a small club is a world away from taking the reins at Utd. Even when Jose moved form Porto it was only to Chelsea, not one of the 2 giants.

it is clear that there are a large number of players that Jose has no faith in, and quite rightly so IMO

You think Atleti are a small club?!

Keyser soze

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2017, 02:05:04 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 17, 2017, 11:19:31 AM

You think Atleti are a small club?!

In comparison to MU or RM, yes. Something similar to Porto.

gallsman

Just because they're not a traditional superpower of European football does not make them a small club ffs.

Downplaying Simeone's remarkable performance with them because they're a "small club" is moronic.

Taylor

Reports Utd are going to buy Keane back from Burnley for a £23m loss.

That makes it over £110m loss 2 players they got shot off and are taking back :o

Captain Obvious

United missed out on CL last year on goal difference, finishing 5th.
Goal difference and just 66 points is all that Manchester City needed to finish 4th last season. Manchester United are currently on 65 points with two games to play and can't reach the top four anymore which suggests the average Premier league has improved this season.

snoopdog

Quote from: Taylor on May 17, 2017, 12:23:46 PM
No Klopp is shit. Bottles it in finals.

Keyser soze

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2017, 03:07:03 PM
Just because they're not a traditional superpower of European football does not make them a small club ffs.

Downplaying Simeone's remarkable performance with them because they're a "small club" is moronic.

I wasn't downplaying anything. And I think Atletico's 4 European Cup final appearances [albeit losing all four] does them make a traditional superpower.

Managing them in comparison to MU or RM is nowhere near the same though in my eyes, moronic as that may be.

AZOffaly

Quote from: snoopdog on May 17, 2017, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 17, 2017, 12:23:46 PM
No Klopp is shit. Bottles it in finals.

Klopp bottles it? How so? Does he change his approach significantly, or what? I'm not sure bottling is the right term to be honest.