Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 2626254 times)

Taylor

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #41445 on: May 17, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »
Would Klopp have done any better if he was in charge if Utd this season?

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #41446 on: May 17, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
United had no European football in January, two games a month in February, March & April.

It's hardly baseball type fixtures

After those European games they had only 3 Premier League games, they won all three.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:11:54 PM by Kidder81 »

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #41447 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »
Pochettino or Simeone if you want names. Tuchel I don't know much about but looks promising.

Louis Van Gaal won a lot of things in the past too and look how that turned out. In case people forget, United missed out on CL last year on goal difference, finishing 5th. Two other teams have passed United out this season with Leicester dropping down.

No one has a divine right to success but with the financial clout United have they really should at least be challenging for the big titles every year.

What has either of them won? Simeone La LIga? Overacheiving with a small club is a world away from taking the reins at Utd. Even when Jose moved form Porto it was only to Chelsea, not one of the 2 giants.

it is clear that there are a large number of players that Jose has no faith in, and quite rightly so IMO

You think Atleti are a small club?!
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #41448 on: May 17, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »
Pochettino or Simeone if you want names. Tuchel I don't know much about but looks promising.

Louis Van Gaal won a lot of things in the past too and look how that turned out. In case people forget, United missed out on CL last year on goal difference, finishing 5th. Two other teams have passed United out this season with Leicester dropping down.

No one has a divine right to success but with the financial clout United have they really should at least be challenging for the big titles every year.

What has either of them won? Simeone La LIga? Overacheiving with a small club is a world away from taking the reins at Utd. Even when Jose moved form Porto it was only to Chelsea, not one of the 2 giants.

it is clear that there are a large number of players that Jose has no faith in, and quite rightly so IMO

You think Atleti are a small club?!

In comparison to MU or RM, yes. Something similar to Porto.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #41449 on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »
Just because they're not a traditional superpower of European football does not make them a small club ffs.

Downplaying Simeone's remarkable performance with them because they're a "small club" is moronic.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #41450 on: May 17, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
Reports Utd are going to buy Keane back from Burnley for a 23m loss.

That makes it over 110m loss 2 players they got shot off and are taking back :o

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #41451 on: May 17, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »
United missed out on CL last year on goal difference, finishing 5th.
Goal difference and just 66 points is all that Manchester City needed to finish 4th last season. Manchester United are currently on 65 points with two games to play and can't reach the top four anymore which suggests the average Premier league has improved this season.

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #41452 on: May 17, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
No Klopp is shit. Bottles it in finals.

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #41453 on: May 17, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
Just because they're not a traditional superpower of European football does not make them a small club ffs.

Downplaying Simeone's remarkable performance with them because they're a "small club" is moronic.

I wasn't downplaying anything. And I think Atletico's 4 European Cup final appearances [albeit losing all four] does them make a traditional superpower.

Managing them in comparison to MU or RM is nowhere near the same though in my eyes, moronic as that may be.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #41454 on: May 17, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »

Klopp bottles it? How so? Does he change his approach significantly, or what? I'm not sure bottling is the right term to be honest.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #41455 on: May 17, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »
Goal difference and just 66 points is all that Manchester City needed to finish 4th last season. Manchester United are currently on 65 points with two games to play and can't reach the top four anymore which suggests the average Premier league has improved this season.

Howso?
Surely this means the gap between the best and the rest has gotten bigger rather than the average PL improved>

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #41456 on: May 17, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

Klopp bottles it? How so? Does he change his approach significantly, or what? I'm not sure bottling is the right term to be honest.

I agree, bottling it is not an accurate term.

Klopp just isn't a very good manager. He should be replaced.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #41457 on: May 17, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »

Howso?
Surely this means the gap between the best and the rest has gotten bigger rather than the average PL improved>

A general improvement in a lot of sides. The best and rest debate I'm not so sure as the best last year was Leicester and Chelsea were part of the rest. Tottenham have probably been the most consistent team over the last two seasons however next season without games in White Hart lane they will likely suffer.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #41458 on: May 17, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
Nothing to choose between United, City, Liverpool & Arsenal.

I don't think there's much between Chelsea & Spurs either but the lack of European football has given Chelsea an edge although they do have a better bench but Spurs probably have the better starting 11. Just look at how many Chelsea players have made 30 league appearances in comparison to everyone else, no European football is a huge difference to a very good set of players. Chelsea in fairness have had a better injury record than most teams in recent years which should be lauded.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #41459 on: May 17, 2017, 07:04:15 PM »
I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.

This is one of the most clueless posts I've ever read on here which is saying something. The highlight being the insinuation that Smalling and Jones are good footballers lol.

Go back to ridiculing the hillsborough tragedy. Wum.

Trileacman still hasn't been forthcoming with his retraction and apology. Disappointing. Perhaps he realised he had wrongly accused me and has been too embarrassed to show his face again.