Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: The Stallion on May 16, 2017, 02:16:27 PM
When he won the Champions League with Inter they were far from the best side in the competition. He deserves massive credit for winning that year, his tactics were spot on and he got the best out of a team which wasn't great.

Think he beat Chelsea,  Barcelona and Bayern to win that too.

Absolutely , it was a fine achievement particularly defeating that great Barca side over 2 legs even if the ash cloud had a big bearing on that result. I'm not arguing over some of his past achievements and I don't think anyone can, I'm simply making the point that since Porto he has always gone to a club with a blank cheque book. Ancellotti is similar.

The Stallion

Hardly surprising that a good manager would end up at a club with plenty of money. Not sure it has any relevance to his managerial ability.

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on May 16, 2017, 02:48:38 PM
When he won the Champions League with Inter they were far from the best side in the competition. He deserves massive credit for winning that year, his tactics were spot on and he got the best out of a team which wasn't great.

Absolutely , it was a fine achievement particularly defeating that great Barca side over 2 legs even if the ash cloud had a big bearing on that result. I'm not arguing over some of his past achievements and I don't think anyone can, I'm simply making the point that since Porto he has always gone to a club with a blank cheque book. Ancellotti is similar.

Inter hadn't a blank cheque book.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: yellowcard on May 16, 2017, 01:58:03 PMand having to rely on a wrongfully disallowed Scholes goal to knock out Utd at OT.

Jesus Christ, get over it.

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 16, 2017, 03:13:30 PM

Nor any Italians.. Which would lead to think they weren't short on the old cash

seafoid

The French soccer magazine France Football did a comparison of the best paid players and managers.
Guardiola gets €14.5 million. Conte gets €7.5m. Poch gets €6.3 m
And Maureen gets €28m which is more or less the sum total of the 3
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

pearseog

Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2017, 03:52:40 PM
The French soccer magazine France Football did a comparison of the best paid players and managers.

That would put him on €540,000 a week. Are you sure that's right? I'd have thought 200-300k which in itself is still ridiculous.

snoopdog

Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2017, 03:52:40 PM

Your point being???

DuffleKing

Pep and Jose are on 15m
Wenger 8.3m
Klopp 7m
Conte 6.5m
Koeman 6m

gallsman

They didn't have a blank chequebook but they sold Ibra and in return got Eto'o, Milito, Lucio, Sneijder and cash left over.

GJL

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 16, 2017, 01:30:17 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 16, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2017, 10:52:53 AM
Madrid reject Rodriguez set to play in the theatre of w**ks next season!

Mature much?

did you read the last few pages?

Fair point. One man is on a loan crusade to ruin the soccer threads but that sort of crap above does not help either.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gallsman on May 16, 2017, 05:30:03 PM

They didn't have a blank chequebook but they sold Ibra and in return got Eto'o, Milito, Lucio, Sneijder and cash left over.

Benitez was appointed manager of treble winning side Inter Milan after that and didn't last long.

TabClear

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 16, 2017, 06:33:44 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 16, 2017, 05:30:03 PM

Benitez was appointed manager of treble winning side Inter Milan after that and didn't last long.

But he got Djimi Traore a champions league medal. ......

The Stallion

Quote from: The Stallion on May 16, 2017, 11:05:25 AM
Quote from: trileacman on May 16, 2017, 12:44:11 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.

This is one of the most clueless posts I've ever read on here which is saying something. The highlight being the insinuation that Smalling and Jones are good footballers lol.

Go back to ridiculing the hillsborough tragedy. Wum.

Still waiting on an apology from trileacman...

thebar

Quote from: The Stallion on May 16, 2017, 08:25:19 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 16, 2017, 11:05:25 AM
Quote from: trileacman on May 16, 2017, 12:44:11 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.

This is one of the most clueless posts I've ever read on here which is saying something. The highlight being the insinuation that Smalling and Jones are good footballers lol.

Go back to ridiculing the hillsborough tragedy. Wum.

Come on now its ok settle down.