Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Throw ball

Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 08:30:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style of football and he often comes across as a bit of a tit, but there's no denying he's a good manager. He has made a poor enough Utd team hard to beat. The big test is this Summer.

One of Mourinho's biggest weaknesses over the years has been a tendency to make mistakes in the transfer market. He needs a few defenders, a central midfielder, some proper pacy wide men and a striker.

There's a very long list of players who just aren't good enough, including Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Carrick, Rooney etc.

Although not a fan of them both Jones and Smalling are league winners. Before his bad injury Shaw looked a prospect. I would give him a bit longer. In the cases of Carrick and Rooney they are probably no longer good enough. Carrick though could still do a job for the last half hour of big games and against lower ranking players. For me he has been the most under rated English midfielder of the last 10 years or more.

Cunny Funt

Too many home draws and not enough goals is why United have finished outside the top 4 in the league this can be corrected for next season by bringing in good goal scoring midfielders and forwards.

As i said already Mourinho was brought in last summer to improve the rebuilding process e.g Champions league qualification and to win trophies and that will be achieved by winning the Europa cup.

Big question marks however if United can exactly beat Ajax in the Europa final as Ajax has been more impressive on route to the final and two of Mourinho signings Ibrahimovic,Bailly will be sorely missed in this final. Rojo will also be a big loss as he was probably Uniteds most improved player this season.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style of football and he often comes across as a bit of a tit, but there's no denying he's a good manager. He has made a poor enough Utd team hard to beat. The big test is this Summer.

One of Mourinho's biggest weaknesses over the years has been a tendency to make mistakes in the transfer market. He needs a few defenders, a central midfielder, some proper pacy wide men and a striker.

There's a very long list of players who just aren't good enough, including Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Carrick, Rooney etc.
Klopp is a better manager than Maureen by this stage
If you read this thread back in July or  what the papers said back then nobody expected glory Glory to come 5th
Man Utd have  been ramshackle over the last 4 seasons.

Is that a better manager based on this season or overall? As if it's based on results you know as much about his wins than you do about Newtownards  ;D

Maureen is a FRED process. Fast rise. Exponential decline
Brexit will be even worse than Man Utd
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

If you read this thread back in July or  what the papers said back then nobody expected glory Glory to come 5th

Is that a better manager based on this season or overall? As if it's based on results you know as much about his wins than you do about Newtownards  ;D
Based on now, obviously. Because Maureen of the past isn't available any more

The Stallion

Mourinho is a far better manager than Klopp will ever be.

The Stallion

Quote from: trileacman on May 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.

This is one of the most clueless posts I've ever read on here which is saying something. The highlight being the insinuation that Smalling and Jones are good footballers lol.

The Stallion

Quote from: Throw ball on May 15, 2017, 09:48:52 PM

Although not a fan of them both Jones and Smalling are league winners. Before his bad injury Shaw looked a prospect. I would give him a bit longer. In the cases of Carrick and Rooney they are probably no longer good enough. Carrick though could still do a job for the last half hour of big games and against lower ranking players. For me he has been the most under rated English midfielder of the last 10 years or more.

"Jones and Smalling are both League winners" - so what? They're both poor defenders. Djimi Traore won a Champions League, Phil Neville won a host of trophies,it's completely irrelevant, they're shite footballers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

You still haven't answered... no quotations or YouTube links!!

Check out what he did with Porto before he moved to England, then stick up Klopps (I think Klopp is a better manager now btw but has nothing on Jose when you talk about titles )
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

There's no comparison, Klopp isn't even a competent manager, while Mourinho has proven to be a highly succesful and tactically astute manager. Personally I wouldn't want either in charge of my beloved Liverpool, but there's no doubt Mourinho is much better.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:06:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

You still haven't answered... no quotations or YouTube links!!

Check out what he did with Porto before he moved to England, then stick up Klopps (I think Klopp is a better manager now btw but has nothing on Jose when you talk about titles )

It's about now, MR. It doesn't matter what he did with Porto or Inter. He has lost those powers. It happens to most top notch managers after age 45. They find it very hard to reinvent themselves. Even Guardiola is struggling.

Milltown Row2

Ferguson was doing it ok into his 70's but you keep talking
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Last September :

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ken-early-jos%C3%A9-mourinho-looks-like-a-man-without-a-plan-1.2787571

"Both Mourinho and Guardiola are expected to win the league this year. Mourinho's plan is traditional and conservative: tall powerful players, a dominant centre-forward, plenty of crosses, no nonsense at the back.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:16:16 PM

Name a few others who were winning into their 70s

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:16:16 PM

Name a few others who were winning into their 70s

The juventus manager is 49 I'm sure if I went through the leagues there are plenty, Lippy, Ancelotti not bad at 57 hmmm I'm sure Liverpool had old managers too, Busby was amazing manager