Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2017, 12:49:20 PM
Jones and Smalling both have to go.  I would keep Blind.

I think Blind is even more of a liability than Smalling, his lack of pace and power is an obvious issue but my main concern is that he makes a huge mistake in every game he plays at centre half, lost count of the amount of times he's fallen asleep and dropped deeper than the rest of the back 4 and its led to goals. Smalling is just hopeless in possession.

ballinaman

Who else likely to be moved on?

Geoff Tipps

No one deserves to be moved on more than the manager.

Kidder81

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 15, 2017, 01:21:40 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if he deliberately sacked off the chase for top 4, knowing he wouldn't then be criticised as severely for league position.

No such excuses next year.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ballinaman on May 15, 2017, 01:15:50 PM
Who else likely to be moved on?

Probably not too many, Rooney will certainly be moved on this summer but not expecting too many given Schnierdlin, Depay & Schweinsteiger were sold without been replaced. Zlatan will likely leave given the injury but other than that i'd imagine one of Shaw, Blind & Smalling will be let go.

Avondhu star

All this talk about the Top 4. Getting there but 20 points behind the league winners. Solely for financial gain and failing to get past the last 16.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

magpie seanie

Absolutely correct. Lose to Ajax and it's a worse season than last when the manager got sacked. He's a complete embarrassment. "Most important game in club's history"...."only 15 or 16 players" - every press conference it gets more embarrassing. He has no business at this club.

Denn Forever

Is it on terrestrial TV?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magpie seanie

From memory RTE2 normally have the Europa League final.

Geoff Tipps

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 15, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

Absolutely correct. Lose to Ajax and it's a worse season than last when the manager got sacked. He's a complete embarrassment. "Most important game in club's history"...."only 15 or 16 players" - every press conference it gets more embarrassing. He has no business at this club.

I think Mour and Man U are a perfect match. Both good about five years ago.

I doubt the Glazers fancy another big spend on a manager when they've so many other problems to fix.

The Stallion

I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style of football and he often comes across as a bit of a tit, but there's no denying he's a good manager. He has made a poor enough Utd team hard to beat. The big test is this Summer.

One of Mourinho's biggest weaknesses over the years has been a tendency to make mistakes in the transfer market. He needs a few defenders, a central midfielder, some proper pacy wide men and a striker.

There's a very long list of players who just aren't good enough, including Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Carrick, Rooney etc.

yellowcard

Truth be told, the gauge of Utds season all hinges on the EL final. The League has not been good enough and the quality of football has been defensive and dull in large spells. That said I d rather win a trophy and qualify for CL than stumble into 4th, no glory in that. I've never been convinced by Mourinho his style of football doesn't suit Utd, though you can't deny that his record until recently has been excellent. He needs to spend big again in the summer.

seafoid

Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 08:30:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style of football and he often comes across as a bit of a tit, but there's no denying he's a good manager. He has made a poor enough Utd team hard to beat. The big test is this Summer.

One of Mourinho's biggest weaknesses over the years has been a tendency to make mistakes in the transfer market. He needs a few defenders, a central midfielder, some proper pacy wide men and a striker.

There's a very long list of players who just aren't good enough, including Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Carrick, Rooney etc.
Klopp is a better manager than Maureen by this stage
If you read this thread back in July or  what the papers said back then nobody expected glory Glory to come 5th
Man Utd have  been ramshackle over the last 4 seasons.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 08:30:35 PM

Klopp is a better manager than Maureen by this stage
If you read this thread back in July or  what the papers said back then nobody expected glory Glory to come 5th
Man Utd have  been ramshackle over the last 4 seasons.

Is that a better manager based on this season or overall? As if it's based on results you know as much about his wins than you do about Newtownards  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea