Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 11, 2017, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: The Trap on May 11, 2017, 09:40:19 PM
How bad are Utd?

Was the biggest game in their history and drew so not too shabby.
[/quot
Shite talk from Mourning to justify his effort this season
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 11, 2017, 10:12:30 PM
Both carded players were stupid. Still all to play for at the time so sully to get involved. Utd scored then sat back, Fergie would have them push on from that. Fair play to them anyhow, final it is.
The European football played under Ferguson was dire for the most part.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

magpie seanie

That was simply awful last night, I'm still disgusted. My team has reached a European final but I still feel sick this morning. In short - that performance underlines why that imposter shouldn't have been let in the gates of Old Trafford. It was a disgrace to the history of the club. The comment about the importance of the game beforehand I put down to trying to avoid complacency so gave him a pass on that but to play like that? Six at the back against a mid table side with a pub league centre forward. The thought of scoring a second goal never entered the coaches mind last night. I've never seen him so tense, so worried looking. I don't think he has a notion what he's doing. That piece of seafoid's above, the former innovator floundering, is apt.

Bailly a huge loss for the final. I mustn't know what's a red or yellow or a foul any more but if guys are getting sent off for that it's pathetic. The only one who did anything wrong was Guidetti who was a disgrace. Delighted the highlight of his career, bar being a Conor Sammon doppelgänger, will be his last minute miss at Old Trafford. "Manchester is blue" my hole you clown. Thought the ref was an accident waiting to happen all night. If you tried to stay on your feet you got no free, if you fell over and exaggerated contact you got one.

I want United to win this trophy to complete the set of trophies and get a Champions League place. They'll have to play better and hopefully they will. I honestly think there's the makings of a good side there if they weren't playing with fear, playing so low on confidence.

Lump on Spurs at the weekend I think.

JOSE OUT.

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 11, 2017, 11:06:19 PM
It's nice to adorn the Europa league final now that it has achieved significant status and improved coefficient with the big teams now taking it more seriously.     Can't recall which pub team Liverpool played in the final back in the old format when it was on Channel 5 and a tuppence ha'penny competition but how times change with it now attracting the big sponsors and it being shown alongside the CL on BT Sport.  A United v Ajax final will elevate the competition further.  Roll on 24th!!

The only thing that elevates the Competition is a champions league place. It is such a mess otherwise. Too long, too many teams, too many teams parachuting into the competition along the way. But look it's still a European trophy and when you are Man Utd in it's present guise, a welcome Trophy to the Cabinet!

Taylor

A really horrible game.
Whilst the result is what Utd wanted any fan is bound to be disgusted at how that team are playing.

MS puts it very well.

How many million did Maureen spend? And he ends up playing that trash last night  :o

Maroon Manc

That was appalling last night, so frustrating watching Celta allowed to put crosses into our box knowing the inevitable was going to happen. Our back 4 has too many small players in it to be allowing that too happen, Blind for a centre half is far too small and weak whilst Darmian & Valencia aren't tall either. Lingard & Mkhitaryan had far too many half arsed attempts at blocking crosses, Mkhitaryan in particular has been very poor the last 6 weeks given the ability he has. Mourinho said afterwards he'd be asking the players to move forward as a group but the last 20 minutes but it just didn't happen.

United played some great football earlier on in the season from mid October to early January so I'm hopeful we'll see it next season when he brings in more of his own players. United look such a tired team and its not helped by someone like Martial who should be having a huge impact but has had a poor season instead.

On the positive note we're in another European final with a chance to win our 2nd trophy of the season.

Maroon Manc

On another note people go on about the money spent since Fergie left. Most of that was spent under LVG and was spent badly.

The list of players bought since Fergie left are Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Depay, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Martial, Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan & Bailly. The majority of that lot are poor buys and I doubt Mourinho would have bought any of the players bought by LVG and Jose certainly wouldn't have bought Mata or Fellaini. Then there was Falcao who came on loan and the ridiculous decision to give Rooney a 5 year contract and even allowing to let Welbeck leave. So many poor decisions have been made so its going to take time a bit more time to get it right then we first thought.

Armamike

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 11, 2017, 11:06:19 PM
It's nice to adorn the Europa league final now that it has achieved significant status and improved coefficient with the big teams now taking it more seriously.     Can't recall which pub team Liverpool played in the final back in the old format when it was on Channel 5 and a tuppence ha'penny competition but how times change with it now attracting the big sponsors and it being shown alongside the CL on BT Sport.  A United v Ajax final will elevate the competition further.  Roll on 24th!!

;D ;D ;D ;D    More backtracking than a politician.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Captain Obvious

Judging Celta Vigo on league form is silly. They gave up on the league months ago by playing second string sides. All their effort was put into the Europa league and as I said after the 1st leg this tie was far from over and having watched them in the La Liga over the last few years a full strength Celta Vigo full focused are a dangerous opponent capable of beating better teams than this current Manchester United team.

On the final so called chance for Guidetti I think it was only a half chance as the ball was fired at him giving him little chance to score. For as bad as they were last night on the balance of the two legs Manchester United winning by one goal aggregate as probably a fair result.

johnneycool

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 12, 2017, 10:37:38 AM
On another note people go on about the money spent since Fergie left. Most of that was spent under LVG and was spent badly.

The list of players bought since Fergie left are Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Depay, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Martial, Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan & Bailly. The majority of that lot are poor buys and I doubt Mourinho would have bought any of the players bought by LVG and Jose certainly wouldn't have bought Mata or Fellaini. Then there was Falcao who came on loan and the ridiculous decision to give Rooney a 5 year contract and even allowing to let Welbeck leave. So many poor decisions have been made so its going to take time a bit more time to get it right then we first thought.

Fellaini came up trumps last night again when the shit was hitting the fan for Jose, first teamer for sure next year.

Helix

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 12, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

Hernandez was the one that should have been kept ahead of welbeck.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

StGallsGAA

Wellbeck to Arsenal was OK business when you've Rashford and Lingard coming through.  As said, letting Chicharito go was madness.

Maroon Manc

No surprise getting beat yesterday. I'm not sure what he's going to do at centre half against Ajax, I expect Jones to start its just whether its Smalling or Blind; I'd like to see both players leave OT this summer. Martial showed in glimpses what he can do, I'd start him ahead of Lingard and move Mkhitaryan back to the right hand side where he's had better game earlier on in the season.

nrico2006

Jones and Smalling both have to go.  I would keep Blind.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

All three should be P45d. When on form, Smalling is competent at best and I could understand keeping him as cover. The other two can jog on...