Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

He'll be missing after the next win, back after a draw or defeat and generally with the same stuff..

Nothing original in any of his posts! Set your clock on it ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carmen Stateside

What a performance from Jonjo!  lorded the mid field today.

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2018, 08:53:11 PM
He'll be missing after the next win, back after a draw or defeat and generally with the same stuff..

Nothing original in any of his posts! Set your clock on it ;D

I'm reliable if nothing else :D

BennyCake

Chris fcukin Smalling. Jesus Christ, why does he continue to get his place? A pure and utter fuckin' dung heap!

BennyCake

Quote from: GJL on February 11, 2018, 04:17:50 PM
The goal came as a result of a dive by Smalling. Not Utd standard anymore.

He never was!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2018, 10:06:52 PM

Outstanding anytime I see him play.. better than Henderson?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2018, 10:54:05 PM

If he had henderson attitude, without doubt.  To many games were he just has no interest

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2018, 10:59:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2018, 10:54:05 PM

If he had henderson attitude, without doubt.  To many games were he just has no interest

I think he looks uninterested but manages to be on the ball or breaking up attacks and not a bad passer of the ball, in fairness that's just a few games I've seen him play since he left Liverpool

magpie seanie

Let's all blame the guy signed from Maidstone for £1.2m and make excuses for the guys signed for £89m from Juventus who was schooled by a Liverpool reject! Smalling is limited and clearly struggling in this team where he is being asked to do things he can't do, especially when partnered with Jones. Pogba is supposed to be one of the top players in the world and he's robbing his wages in terms of his effort. Souness was absolutely spot on.......no clue what to do or where to be when United haven't the ball and for all his talent and athletic ability his return attack wise is slightly disappointing. Playing Pogba in that role is so stupid it's beyond belief. Getting away with it most of the time doesn't change that. You don#t get away with it against the good teams and occasionally the average teams.

So in summary the manager is clearly failing to get his players to adapt or adapt his system to his players.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 12, 2018, 08:40:06 AM
Let's all blame the guy signed from Maidstone for £1.2m and make excuses for the guys signed for £89m from Juventus who was schooled by a Liverpool reject! Smalling is limited and clearly struggling in this team where he is being asked to do things he can't do, especially when partnered with Jones. Pogba is supposed to be one of the top players in the world and he's robbing his wages in terms of his effort. Souness was absolutely spot on.......no clue what to do or where to be when United haven't the ball and for all his talent and athletic ability his return attack wise is slightly disappointing. Playing Pogba in that role is so stupid it's beyond belief. Getting away with it most of the time doesn't change that. You don#t get away with it against the good teams and occasionally the average teams.

So in summary the manager is clearly failing to get his players to adapt or adapt his system to his players.

Nothing wrong with that, only what is Jose's system?

Been saying for weeks they have not been playing like a team, there is a bit of structure but a lot of off the cuff stuff also, yesterday there was no urgency until Newcastle scored, why not bring that urgency from the first whistle, dominate and create more, rather than searching for a late one, when going behind!!

DuffleKing

I'm very keen to know what Smalling is being asked to do that an international centre back on a professional contract shouldn't be expected to have the capacity to do.

magpie seanie

I was wrong about Smalling's transfer details above. He came from Fulham for approx. £10m. Thois doesn't take from the point I was making though.

magpie seanie

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 12, 2018, 11:09:19 AM

I'm very keen to know what Smalling is being asked to do that an international centre back on a professional contract shouldn't be expected to have the capacity to do.

He's being asked to take the ball out and play more difficult passes than he would have done previously. This is because the midfielders are not asked/expected to take the ball off the CB's and do this job.

DuffleKing

I really don't think that's true. Opponents have identified that jones and smalling are brutal in possession and are letting them have it and working to close off the simple out pass into midfield for them.

Neither can cope and, like Sanchez for spurs (who is getting the same treatment), they're confidence is affected by the mistakes they're making and other parts of their game are falling apart.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on February 11, 2018, 04:54:26 PM
The defence was unlocked enough, Martial has a one on one to basically kill the game was way too casual, he sticks that and it's a different game.
Lukaku was better holding it up but when you don't have the support runners from mid field I.e. Lingard and Pogba to join in it means for very little.
Pogba should never have started clearly injured how he lasted so long is beyond me. Alexis has to play centrally and if that means Lingard goes to the wing then fair enough.
Poor display but the players should have worked this one out themselves, it is becoming clear that playing  Smalling and Jones together is no longer workable.

No issues with his fitness and subbed for tactical reasons according to Jose
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"