Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Let's get it started.........   

liihb

Smith to Cardiff? Not so sure about that, UTD aren't exactly strong in the striking department after Rooney and Saha....If its only for a while and he gets plenty of games then I suppose its not too bad
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

intoDwest

only if he can be recalled and if Ole was fit.

We really need to go shopping in the winter window. Anyword on how the players out on loan are doing, will any of them really make the breakthrough??

creative

In the striking department is where we need to see our loan stars excellingi.e rossi but seems to be very quirt at newcastle.
altho Newcastle are a doomed ship at the minute anyway.Think the most part of them are at royal antwerp
Never argue with an idiot,they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you on experience!

liihb

Thats what I was thinking, I though that Rossi would be getting more games at Newcastle. I hope they pull him back from them at Christmas.
The Carling cup has shown that some of the back up players are either not up to it (O Shea, Richardson) or else not playing well (Brown, Heinze, Smith) so I think that we still need a defensive midfielder, and a top class striker.

Will need a good left winger soon too, Giggsy although brilliant can't go on forever.
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

full back

With Smith at Cardiff we definately need to pull Rossi back.If not Fergie must have something in the pipeline for another striker.It would be v surprising to let Smith go with no back-up in place

Goats Do Shave

Giggs & Ronaldo can fill in up front if the unthinkable happens to Rooney &/or Saha.

However that leaves us light on the flanks without Park (Who I like), leaving Richardson & Fletcher just!

It's clear we now need a winger, striker & central midfielder! Joaquin, Torres & Hargreaves!  ;)

Blackburn tomorrow...bit of a bogey team for us! I think Fergie will have them fired up after getting beat twice last year by Sparky & of course the midweek loss in the Carling Cup! UTD 2-0 (Neville to take out Gamst Pederson, Heinze to take out Bentley)  ::)

creative

Good win tonight,blackbun always a tricky place to go to!Although rooneys shooting at times can be a bit too erratic!
Personally dont think too amny peole will go to bolton and blackburn and get full points this season.
Never argue with an idiot,they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you on experience!

Galwaybhoy

I can't believe that was Man Utds first win in Ewood Park in eight years!  Saha though is on fine form this season.  Utd badly need to strengthen their squad when the transfer window opens, especially if they want to keep up there with Chelsea.  Any truth in the rumors that Alex is looking to bring in Fernando Torres when the transfer window opens lads?

Spiritof98

Good win on Sat nite, thought Rooney although missed plenty was class to watch and jezus he puts the effort in. Hope they keep it up.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

Good result.Rooney missed a brave few but we will save them for another day.Its going to be a dog fight between ourselves & Chelski.Think we definately need to make squad improvements in Jan

BenDover

Good result on Saturday evening against one of our bogey teams and played in woeful conditions. The match in 2 wks time should be very interesting if Utd can keep their form going

maxpower

Good result against the blades, two fine goals by rooney and how ronaldo didn't get at the very least a goal is beyond me though he seemed to have a decent game again (going by highlights)

big week for manchester united, celtic away, need the point to go through.  will he rest anyone with chelski in wait. 
What happens next????

Uladh

Quote from: maxpower on November 20, 2006, 09:19:43 AM
big week for manchester united, celtic away, need the point to go through. will he rest anyone with chelski in wait.

he will surely... he said as much in the interview after the sheffield match at the weekend. i'd say he'd be happy enough with a draw at celtic then full strength for chelsea.

I think for united to win the league they need to win sunday.

chelsea will be stronger later in the season and united need to make their current form count, even if it is just to let chelski know they are there for the long haul.

hows she cutting

did ye see that miss of Ronaldos at the end

has to be miss of the season that