Diving in our game

Started by slippery dodger, February 17, 2018, 09:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slippery dodger

It's one thing that I think everybody hates to see in soccer and it has been creeping into the GAA recently. The GAA should set an example of what happened today and that fullback should be given a 3/4 match ban. It's totally unacceptable and could well have cost Corofin a place in the final.
It's in the video below for anyone who didn't see it live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E150d_zZVNM

StGallsGAA

How can it be a dive when he's already lying on the ground you complete muppet!? ;D ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

Dive / feign injury - same thing

waterfordlad

Is there any rule against feigning injury at the moment? This needs to be stamped out before it gets worse and ends up like soccer where it's part and parcel of the game.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: waterfordlad on February 18, 2018, 07:09:02 PM
Is there any rule against feigning injury at the moment? This needs to be stamped out before it gets worse and ends up like soccer where it's part and parcel of the game.

It can't get any worse as it happens in pretty much every game.

mrdeeds

Quote from: slippery dodger on February 17, 2018, 09:04:30 PM
It's one thing that I think everybody hates to see in soccer and it has been creeping into the GAA recently. The GAA should set an example of what happened today and that fullback should be given a 3/4 match ban. It's totally unacceptable and could well have cost Corofin a place in the final.
It's in the video below for anyone who didn't see it live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E150d_zZVNM

Creeping in. Really? It's being in the game for years.

magpie seanie

The feigning injury to get a guy sent off by Liam Healy of Moorefield was a very high profile example of this awful carry on. One would sincerely hope that someone would have a word or two with him. Delighted they lost the match. The rulebook has a clear rule about conduct that brings discredit to the association (with wide ranging powers to take action based on an investigation) - if that kind of behaviour doesn't fit the definition then I don't know what does.

redzone

Donegal at it Saturday night. Several  times players were checked for concussion with clearly nothing wrong with them.

mrdeeds

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 18, 2018, 09:23:15 PM
The feigning injury to get a guy sent off by Liam Healy of Moorefield was a very high profile example of this awful carry on. One would sincerely hope that someone would have a word or two with him. Delighted they lost the match. The rulebook has a clear rule about conduct that brings discredit to the association (with wide ranging powers to take action based on an investigation) - if that kind of behaviour doesn't fit the definition then I don't know what does.

Yet wasn't clear enough to get Tiernan McCann suspended?

Jinxy

I recall Lundy from Corofin a while back being responsible for one of the worst dives in recent years.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Creeping in? Sure Sean Cavanagh's been doing it for twenty years and has just retired . . . a bit late with this thread!!

Milltown Row2

It's down to the ref to sort it out! If he's close enough to the play then he'd know and dish out a card for feigning an injury!

what's more annoying is he'd four umpires and two linesmen plus a fourth official doing the time, how any of them didn't have a word is beyond me! They are all wired and chat continually throughout the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Duine Eile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2018, 11:10:46 PM
It's down to the ref to sort it out! If he's close enough to the play then he'd know and dish out a card for feigning an injury!

what's more annoying is he'd four umpires and two linesmen plus a fourth official doing the time, how any of them didn't have a word is beyond me! They are all wired and chat continually throughout the game

Was it not the linesmans version of events that got Farragher sent off? I was at the game and thought I saw them conferring about it at the time.

Jinxy

In fairness, I think it's very difficult for the ref to adjudicate on 'feigning a foul or injury' in real-time.
However, if Farragher's red card is overturned, by default the Moorefield full-back is guilty of the above and should be dealt with accordingly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Monkey does what monkey sees, bloody Ulster football and Tyrone ruining the game.
#newbridgeornowhere