Northern catholics and the South

Started by seafoid, October 01, 2016, 11:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on October 04, 2016, 11:13:06 PM
Scotland won't pull out.SNP fast losing credibility.Just like Sinn Fein powerful as a protest party,not so good in Government
It's a long play, Tony. The economic system is breaking down. Whoever can harness public anger coherently will win .
The Tories can't.

imtommygunn

Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2016, 06:38:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2016, 11:41:41 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 04, 2016, 10:47:09 AM
The South has better productivity, public finances, trade situation, growth prospects and more  stable politics than the UK. Over time it should become more attractive.

I can only tell you what someone from Cork told me very recently, who has worked in a public sector job for  forty years

Has it occurred to you that the Cork person didn't want you to stay?  ;D

I have lived in the North, England and obviously Ireland. There is no contest as to where I want to live.

That would be tainted a bit because Ireland is home to you . I feel more drawn to live in the north mainly due to family. To be honest there are parts of the south which I think could be better to live in but I wouldn't fancy having a mortgage to live in Dublin whereas Belfast is affordable. Somewhere like England wouldn't have that issue for me

I do think that any possible advantages living in the north may have financially will more than likely be negated, and then some, by this brexit nonsense though.

If Brexit goes the way people think it might then the best thing for the north would be unification in the short to medium term however that would not be the best thing for the south I suspect!

seafoid

The Tories have a thing about Europe . It has been going on since 1979
It will break the UK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2016, 08:50:34 AM
It will break the UK

The Tories Brits have a thing about Europe . It has been going on since 1979 the 1600s.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on October 05, 2016, 11:26:06 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2016, 08:50:34 AM
It will break the UK

The Tories Brits have a thing about Europe . It has been going on since 1979 the 1600s.
1500s.  Henry buidin foolish  8 was an early version of Brexit , breaking with Rome and setting up the Church of England

Applesisapples

Read Brian Feeney in Wednesday's IN, he succinctly sums up why Tony's NI project is a load of the usual guff.

T Fearon

My Northern Irish project would see both DUP and SF sidelined,and the focus on a truly shared future,not winding the other tribe up by renaming a fisheries boat,which seems to vex Brian,whose column is merely a weekly rant about Unionists and Unionism.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 12:35:28 AM
My Northern Irish project would see both DUP and SF sidelined,and the focus on a truly shared future,not winding the other tribe up by renaming a fisheries boat,which seems to vex Brian,whose column is merely a weekly rant about Unionists and Unionism.
You have more chance of Mervyn Gibson saying mass in St Patricks than you have of selling your version of OWC to either tribe.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 12:35:28 AM

This is comedy gold!

Anyone else you would like 'sidelined' in your 'shared future'?   ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Sterling fell significantly in a few minutes today. The UK is in serious, serious trouble. The Tory civil war and rule by swivel eyed loon is not good for OWC  .

T Fearon

And Dublin with its bottomless pit of money stands by ready to come to our aid? ::)

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 03:09:36 PM
And Dublin with its bottomless pit of money stands by ready to come to our aid? ::)

You want nothing to do with Dublin. You spend your days highlighting how much you despite the 26 counties. And you want my taxes to help you?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 03:09:36 PM

Get up off ye're lazy arses and work to pay ye're own way >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

I'm only responding to Seafoid constantly banging on about the UK and the North being on the rocks.He infers therefore a United Ireland would be a better option for the North.I am asking if there's a bottomless pit of money in Dublin to pay for this?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 06:58:05 PM
I'm only responding to Seafoid constantly banging on about the UK and the North being on the rocks.He infers therefore a United Ireland would be a better option for the North.I am asking if there's a bottomless pit of money in Dublin to pay for this?

You have to ask a country that has been bailed out by the IMF if it has a bottomless pit of money.

You are surviving, along with most of the UK, on the spoils of London City. We can see, looking at the pound for example, that Brexit (which still hasn't happened yet) is going to reduce those spoils substantially.

Think about it.....
MWWSI 2017