Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: Nanderson on November 17, 2022, 11:00:00 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 17, 2022, 10:23:39 AM
I see the Ballyholland and Annaclone game replayed in b championship this weekend. Ballyholland broke the rules.
And so did Annaclone

not in the semi final game, you have 72 hours to make an appeal so nothing else matters

Truth hurts

and btw im not sticking up for Annaclone as I think its petty they appealed it after getting beat comprehensively but rules are rules and by the letter of the law, Annaclone should be playing in the final.

MATTSARACEN

Sounds like it sucks to be Annaclone
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

2badteams

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 17, 2022, 02:12:22 PM
and btw im not sticking up for Annaclone as I think its petty they appealed it after getting beat comprehensively but rules are rules and by the letter of the law, Annaclone should be playing in the final.

Not sticking up for Annaclone because its alright for them to break the rules so long as no one notices in 72 hours.
You sound like Eamon Dunphy at Roy Keanes discipline hearing.
Except with even less sense baby!

charlieTully

Quote from: MATTSARACEN on November 17, 2022, 02:41:44 PM
Sounds like it sucks to be Annaclone

Lovely spot. Especially the road on up to Rathfriland.

Targetman

A road well traveled Charlie!😉

Johnnysboys

So Kevin Madden joins the famous Mayobridge club - a coach who has worked at top intercounty sides to work under Poacher. What is he thinking?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 18, 2022, 11:47:38 PM
So Kevin Madden joins the famous Mayobridge club - a coach who has worked at top intercounty sides to work under Poacher. What is he thinking?

What exactly has Madden ever achieved?

yellowcard

Down clubs offer the best expenses about.

Lotto

Quote from: yellowcard on November 19, 2022, 01:14:03 PM

Down clubs offer the best expenses about.

Has to be purely about the money. Why else would anyone travel from Antrim 3/4 times a week to be involved with a team who have no chance of winning anything, never mind sharing the sideline with a mad man?

Smurfy123

How's Australia going big man?
Young lotto

Kidder81

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 19, 2022, 09:18:22 AM

What exactly has Madden ever achieved?

Madden one of the biggest grifters about, he wouldn't care where he is as long as he is getting paid

Lotto

Johnnysboys

[/quote]
Harsh, while true.
Every single one of them on the circuit is doing it for the money. And the fools, the fools keep handing it out so they deserve to get fleeced.
[/quote]

What do you suggest clubs do then? Payments must be made - there is no point saying any different. The levels of pay some people ask for is ridiculous but it's up to clubs to make a judgement on how much they can afford and to stick to that. Clubs paying loads knowing their senior team will finish mid table at best and perhaps get to a 1/4 final of their level of championship is just silly.

Johnnysboys

Payments must be made? Really? There is no alternative?
It's high time that clubs woke up to the fact that the vast majority of these fellas are BS merchants. You might not think that you have better men in your club but you probably do. It's just that the day & hour you started to pay outsiders, your view of the inside man changed forever.
It will take a culture change to break the cycle but undoubtedly, if you want your club to improve, there are much better ways to invest that money than paying a man who will be managing against you in 2 years time.
[/quote]

Yes payments must be made.. look around our county with over 40 football clubs and name the clubs being managed by their own people? There is too much politics involved with inside men and a hell of a lot of pressure. The natives in the club all express their opinion freely and the man or woman never gets a break from the whole thing. My own club are actually struggling to get underage mentors for next season due to parents.  Parents waiting on them after training/matches to give their tuppence worth on team selection and or the training session. The same parents wouldn't volunteer in the club if their lives depended on it.
Child protection courses
Someone on management team to handle the whatsup group and all the BS that goes with it
Ensuring you don't say anything negative to a child
Not raising your voice to a child
Giving everyone fair game time whether they train or not
Make training fun - it doesn't matter if you have a game in 3 days
Do not dare do hard work at training without a ball so when they get beat in games parents can say sure they are nowhere near fit enough
On game day make sure you pick the best player on the panel to play - it doesn't matter that he has missed 4 out of the last 6 trainings because he couldn't be assed going - his dad puts a bit of £££ into the club so make sure he plays.
And then the parents - oh the parents - training is too hard/training is a joke/team selection is all wrong/he hasn't a clue/I'm going to shout over the wire at my child and they will do as I say because I'm the expert

I can completely understand underage coaches not wanting to sign up - all of the above applies to in-house men at senior level too - the outsider gets a bye ball with some of this stuff.