3 (3.3%)
football and horses frequently
21 (23.3%)
anything that moves whenever, wherever
7 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Dire Ear on April 24, 2018, 10:45:50 AM
Would like to do a wee bet  (£5) a week on the soccer,  any advice on what type of bet , apart from not to bother!
Wouldn't bet at all, not even the National,  but would be a bitacraic
I do a £5 football accumulator bet most Saturdays, usually 5-6 teams, haven't won for about 5years😩

tommysmith

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 24, 2018, 10:55:42 AM
Would like to do a wee bet  (£5) a week on the soccer,  any advice on what type of bet , apart from not to bother!

I do a 1 euro yankee each weekend on the first to score which costs 11 euro. The one time the four selections clicked ( Shearer Owen Van Nistleroy Davies) I pulled 1988.
Since then I have often got two correct or three correct ( three doubles and a treble) which gives a nice return.
I have my favourites and often the individual price might be only 5/2 but if you get a few together it adds up. I pick four from across the divisions and Europe.
Kane , Salah, Huyton Luton, Marriott of Peterboro, Akinfenwa , Ronaldo, Messi, Griesmann,Belotti of Torino. are all regulars. The problem is picking the right four.
Akinfenwa is due a turn usually around 4/1

One winner in 30 years is hardly worth it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tommysmith on April 24, 2018, 11:05:47 AM

I do a 1 euro yankee each weekend on the first to score which costs 11 euro. The one time the four selections clicked ( Shearer Owen Van Nistleroy Davies) I pulled 1988.
Since then I have often got two correct or three correct ( three doubles and a treble) which gives a nice return.
I have my favourites and often the individual price might be only 5/2 but if you get a few together it adds up. I pick four from across the divisions and Europe.
Kane , Salah, Huyton Luton, Marriott of Peterboro, Akinfenwa , Ronaldo, Messi, Griesmann,Belotti of Torino. are all regulars. The problem is picking the right four.

Is anybody a winner? I do it the craic, putting a fiver on tonights match will give me some interest in watching it, I wont be a millionaire, but what i do is try and build up a pot till about maybe £80 quid... take out £60 and have a £20 on a big odd bet.. Ive yet to get a decent return, been very close on a couple of occasions but i wont hold out on getting one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

I like a bet myself. Horses mostly occasionally football boxing and golf. Yesterday I was in playing a game of snooker and there were school kids in playing the fruit machines. I couldn't help thinking they were setting themselves up for trouble gambling on that shite. It was disgusting they were allowed too as well.

lurganblue

Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 11:00:08 AM
I do a £5 football accumulator bet most Saturdays, usually 5-6 teams, haven't won for about 5years😩

retire

Insane Bolt

Quote from: lurganblue on April 24, 2018, 12:03:34 PM

retire

😂😂 Wouldn't be the same on Saturdays..... Not swearing at the tv 😜

GetOverTheBar

Have an online account. Never back big stakes - annoys me if I lose to be honest.

Usually try and chip away at the account, try and get up to a decent round figure. Withdraw, leave the rest and see where it takes me.

Bet 365 occasionally throw a 5er in the account so when I do run out I try and use that to start back up again.

Suppose I'm a boredom gambler really, wouldn't bother me if I didn't do one for a month. Then could do 4 or 5 in one week.

Tony Baloney

I've never been able to recreate the feeling of that first win on West Tip in the National at the age of 10. Chasing the dragon  ;D

Avondhu star

Where did you get the 30 years? Read the post before making stupid comments

I pulled 1988 i.e. 1988 euros not placed the bet in 1988. I also referred to getting three results correct a number of times which gives a combination of a treble and three doubles which gives a very good payout.

Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

You are probably throwing in an outsider to boost your return. Great if it works out but its not an outsider for nothing.

e.g. Over ten seasons Man Utd will beat West Brom probably 7 times draw twice and lose once in the home fixture. Why bet against those odds?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

3 teams! the bookies only need one result, you need all. my bet on a Saturday, I go with home teams around the even mark, or better, let ride, generally a fiver but if i'm feeling flush (once a month ) i'll hammer on a tenner! Last of the big spenders.. the online betting is for during the week, couple quid on goalscorer and correct result.. My wife would go bonkers if I was doing anymore
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2018, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2018, 09:16:26 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2018, 08:45:21 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 23, 2018, 11:02:12 PM
There's a lot more horse racing on TV these days, a large portion of it sponsored by the gambling companies. That's something that could easily be restricted for a start

Is that true? I seem to remember horse racing on RTE every saturday in the 80s and 90s. It was the main item on Sports Stadium.
Racing everyday bar Xmas eve and Xmas day

There is the horse racing channel, it shows racing every day from various tracks! The one that gets me is virtual racing !! I back horses only at Grand national, Cheltenham or if i get the chance to go to Down Royal.. wouldnt have a clue, TBH.. 7/2 the draw tonight  :)

You have to have access to the horse racing channel though, so you're probably already 'into' it at that stage. For the casual observer, horse racing is hardly any more in your face, or is it?

Apart from Saturday coverage and the very big meetings, the rest are covered pretty equally by Racing UK and At the Races (the latter has all the Irish racing, but that's moving to the former next year.)

Racing UK is subscription only, but At the Races is available on my Sky box CH 415. Not sure if everyone has it or if its part of another sports package (but I think its available to all?). Their coverage is actually very good.

I do quite a bit of betting, but I really hate bookies. Amazing how quick they are to restrict or ban if you go on a good run, regardless of how shite you might have been in the past.  I've no idea how a JP or other top gambler are able to get big bets on, they can't have online accounts anyway

Taylor

Quote from: Hound on April 24, 2018, 01:32:02 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2018, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2018, 09:16:26 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2018, 08:45:21 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 23, 2018, 11:02:12 PM
There's a lot more horse racing on TV these days, a large portion of it sponsored by the gambling companies. That's something that could easily be restricted for a start

Is that true? I seem to remember horse racing on RTE every saturday in the 80s and 90s. It was the main item on Sports Stadium.
Racing everyday bar Xmas eve and Xmas day

There is the horse racing channel, it shows racing every day from various tracks! The one that gets me is virtual racing !! I back horses only at Grand national, Cheltenham or if i get the chance to go to Down Royal.. wouldnt have a clue, TBH.. 7/2 the draw tonight  :)

You have to have access to the horse racing channel though, so you're probably already 'into' it at that stage. For the casual observer, horse racing is hardly any more in your face, or is it?

Apart from Saturday coverage and the very big meetings, the rest are covered pretty equally by Racing UK and At the Races (the latter has all the Irish racing, but that's moving to the former next year.)

Racing UK is subscription only, but At the Races is available on my Sky box CH 415. Not sure if everyone has it or if its part of another sports package (but I think its available to all?). Their coverage is actually very good.

I do quite a bit of betting, but I really hate bookies. Amazing how quick they are to restrict or ban if you go on a good run, regardless of how shite you might have been in the past.  I've no idea how a JP or other top gambler are able to get big bets on, they can't have online accounts anyway

JP and the likes would have quite a few of their big bets on the course where most big bookies are happy to lay (providing its a decent meeting).

For those smaller meetings I like you have no idea how or where they would get on

tommysmith

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 24, 2018, 01:13:38 PM

Where did you get the 30 years? Read the post before making stupid comments

I pulled 1988 i.e. 1988 euros not placed the bet in 1988. I also referred to getting three results correct a number of times which gives a combination of a treble and three doubles which gives a very good payout.

:D

Insane Bolt

I had an online account and was placing a large single bet £5000 at 11/10 and three times the site crashed....eventually had to ring them and they offered me 10/11 so I told them stuff it and closed the account. They hate paying out.