The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Losing to a woeful French team. Should have been over at half-time.

seafoid

Winning 2 championships was fabulous. Mean reversion this year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Much better entertainment in Cardiff on a dry sod. To the moaners, the conditions in Paris were hardly conducive to open, expansive rugby.

Tyrone Dreamer

Far better entertainment in portlaois

Milltown Row2

Backed France win margin 1-4 points... Thank f**k they didn't push on for try... Ireland needed that extra penalty.... Which never happened, never going to break down France to get the try....poor result but injury list hasn't made it easier... Wooden spoon at this rate
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2016, 06:08:57 PM
Backed France win margin 1-4 points... Thank f**k they didn't push on for try... Ireland needed that extra penalty.... Which never happened, never going to break down France to get the try....poor result but injury list hasn't made it easier... Wooden spoon at this rate

What sporting event would be complete without hearing about MilltownRow2 winning a bet on it

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tyrone Dreamer

It doesn't deserve any more letters

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

The moment they had to bring on Madigan I knew the jig was probably up.  The lad couldn't manage an empty creche nevermind an international rugby match.

That kickoff to touch was our one chance to put pressure on the French in the final ten.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 13, 2016, 06:10:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2016, 06:08:57 PM

What sporting event would be complete without hearing about MilltownRow2 winning a bet on it

Troll much?? Would you prefer me to give you my address and you can sit outside my door?? I'm not gay but very flattered
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on February 13, 2016, 06:35:58 PM
The moment they had to bring on Madigan I knew the jig was probably up.  The lad couldn't manage an empty creche nevermind an international rugby match.

That kickoff to touch was our one chance to put pressure on the French in the final ten.

As has been said numerous times Paddy Jackson I the form fly half in Ireland and isn't on the team, Gilroy the form winger and McCloskey the form centre and Payne the form FB . . . Why are we not playing the lads who are performing??

highorlow

We were expected to beat France so it was a foregone conclusion we would lose.

Smith is now exposed to have complete bias towards Leinster. He made too many changes from the last day. The medical team also need to take a look at themselves, SOB was not fir for this game so he should not have started.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

Too many injuries. Need players who are bulletproof for modern rugby, given the injury rates. It is hardly worth whatever money they get paid and the drugs do a lot of damage on top. Rugby is a real mess.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trileacman

Rugby is a real mess. Aside from the major rumbling issue of concussion and serious injury the game is fast becoming unwatchable. Bash it around a bit until you tire and f**k it up and then boot it as high as you can down the confines of the pitch. That first half was no smarter or refined than schools rugby. The rule changes around the '08 WC really fucked the game from then forward in my opinion.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014