The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Jim Neilly's reaction on Radio Ulster at the final whistle is one of the best I've ever heard. Raw passion at its greatest. For those who would like to hear it go to BBC iPlayer chose radio ulster Good Morning Ulster 19/11/2018 and scroll forward to 2.23.00
Careful now

Syferus

Quote from: Solo_run on November 21, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 21, 2018, 10:26:50 AM
We Irish sure like to wallow, we aren't happy unless we get a pasting at sport but win the accolade as plucky losers and moral victors. Why can't we just celebrate a great victory by a team united in representing the 4 provinces of Ireland. As a northerner who has been jokingly called British from time to time by Southern "colleagues" perhaps I am a bit sensitive to the shit being thrown at some of these players. If they have made their home here or have blood ties thats good enough for me. Irish Rugby will be the stronger in future for their contribution if for no other reason than they have raised the bar. As a life long Gael and Armagh man I only wish we could claim a few Dubs to help us along the way, at least Rugby has been able to balance the Provincial clubs out to offset the dominance of Leinster.

Having the likes of Payne, Bundee Aki and CJ represent Ireland is an honor really. They have come from a international system that has expected them to win world cups and I think it has rubbed off on the Irish team.

From a young age I've followed rugby and before Declan Kidney I remember the team being talked about as a team capable of winning the six nation's but we always fell short. There were even times when Ireland put in piss poor wc performances.

The Joe Schmidt era is an era of expectation. We are expected to win the six nation's, we are expected to perform in the world cup. We don't have any excuses anymore. We have beaten the best in the world, we have won two grand slams, we have had our first series win in Australia. When it comes to performing in team sorts the Irish mentality is not great but these wins have given the team confidence by doing what has never been done before.

If you seriously think those lads aren't just additive to an excellent academy and player management system in place in the provinces then I don't know what to say. The reason Ireland is successful is because we got our act together at home at the advent of the provincial game. Everything is built off that, not some fanciful idea of three imports bringing a winning mentality.

bennydorano

Yeah, read a good article somewhere about when we were amateur, everything was amateur, but the professional era has been the making of us.

Milltown Row2

Most successful Irish Captain?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 20, 2018, 01:59:55 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 20, 2018, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 20, 2018, 12:37:43 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on November 20, 2018, 12:28:36 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 20, 2018, 12:18:46 PM
Irish Rugby players are all being educated on GDPR, their medical data is their's to control and they are refusing the IRFU to give more detailed responses on injuries.

Heh???

Have you not heard about GDPR?
So are soccer players.

There is a question, which im sure will be tested in court, about scouting reports and medical reports. Its not about hiding from the IRFU, its about hiding from prospective French clubs.

Or put another way, club doctor treats player a. Who owns the report.

The patient of course, it's his/her medical record. Hello Hippocratic Oath!
Fine. So are teams, in all sports, within the law announcing player injuries?

Who owns performance stats and training reports? Scouting reports? Are team a entitled to request team b's tactical plans?

There are loads of potential implications.

Milltown Row2

You don't know what contracts these players have signed up to and agreed, disclosure of these things is either allowed or not, depending on the contract I'd assume..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 22, 2018, 08:10:15 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 20, 2018, 01:59:55 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 20, 2018, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 20, 2018, 12:37:43 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on November 20, 2018, 12:28:36 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 20, 2018, 12:18:46 PM
Irish Rugby players are all being educated on GDPR, their medical data is their's to control and they are refusing the IRFU to give more detailed responses on injuries.

Heh???

Have you not heard about GDPR?
So are soccer players.

There is a question, which im sure will be tested in court, about scouting reports and medical reports. Its not about hiding from the IRFU, its about hiding from prospective French clubs.

Or put another way, club doctor treats player a. Who owns the report.

The patient of course, it's his/her medical record. Hello Hippocratic Oath!
Fine. So are teams, in all sports, within the law announcing player injuries?

Who owns performance stats and training reports? Scouting reports? Are team a entitled to request team b's tactical plans?

There are loads of potential implications.

Welcome to the world of GDPR!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2018, 08:51:56 AM
You don't know what contracts these players have signed up to and agreed, disclosure of these things is either allowed or not, depending on the contract I'd assume..
Contracts cant supersede the law.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 22, 2018, 10:08:26 AM

So the players can give their permission to use this?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

They can give permission on how their data is used but can't be forced to by a contract.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 22, 2018, 01:44:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

They can give permission on how their data is used but can't be forced to by a contract.

Well if this information became available then they would have wanted it to, otherwise they would be in trouble, GDPR is in from last April I think so most organisations will be well up to speed on these things.

oakleaflad

Ireland v USA: Addison, Conway, Ringrose, McCloskey, Sweetnam, Carbery, Cooney; Kilcoyne, N Scannell, Bealham, Beirne, Henderson, Ruddock, Murphy, Conan.
Replacements: Herring, Healy, Ryan, Roux, van der Flier, McGrath, Byrne, Arnold.