Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

There are fellas playing senior intercounty at a higher level than ourselves with u20 starters so I'm not sure why we should be any different. If he's good enough he's old enough

Always wondered why James oconnell didn't get a proper go. Great hurler
Niall mccormick is a yes for me
Ronan molloy is a yes aswell
Couple of very handy forwards in cushenduns team too

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Oso on November 29, 2023, 10:41:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2023, 08:19:57 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 29, 2023, 12:49:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2023, 11:58:29 PMGreat to see so many interested posters worried about Antrim Camogie. It must be well supported and plenty of people involved helping out

Why always so condescending to posters discussing local gaa issues on a local gaa discussion board?

And yes I do support Camogie and would have attended more county Camogie matches than I've attended county matches in any other code over the last few years. Also helped at my local club until commitments changed and even helped briefly at county level when asked to help cover when someone was unavailable for a time.

You can take it as being condescending or you can take it that I'm surprised that it's that well supported outside of parents due to their kids playing...

If people are interested in taking teams that's a good thing too?

Whatever the process has or not been used that's down to the committee that's in place, someone was asking them to step down! Who's going to step up?

Calling people weasels, like come one

So it's me you have an issue with?

I'm not surprised that you're surprised as I haven't seen you at any camogie matches, club or county.  Yet you feel the need to express your "surprise" about something you clearly haven't much insight into?  Aself proclaimed authority on everything GAA it seems.  But when you don't know what you don't know, well.....

So in the professional world of work, for instance. Two candidates interview for the same job, even though one of the candidates is already in the job and progressed the company in successive years and there appears to be no need for change.  The candidate already in the job hasn't even been asked to meet the board for a review and a plan going forward but instead finds out they have to interview for their job again. At the interview the other candidate lies about the tools they have at their disposal to do the job better.  They get the job ahead of the candidate already in the post. It is  immediately clarified after the interview that this candidate intentionally mislead the board and interview panel to get the job.

What would happen? If not a weasel give me a more apt term or discription?

You obviously have never been in the professional world long, I've known plenty teachers who never got the job they were doing, very well also,  as someone else interviewed better on the day. Then to go on and never carry out the promises they made at the interview!

As for proclaiming I'm an authority? It's a GAA discussion board, a thread on Antrim matters, it's an opinion, if you don't like it, that's fine, but hiding behind the keyboard and calling people weasels? You're some 'man'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Yeah cos selection processes in Antrim Gaa are run as they are in the corporate world ffs, what nonsense.

NAG1

It's not just the loss of these 4/5 players. It's the loss of 6/7/8 years in some cases of development work on the pitch and in the gym, very few if any of the potential replacements will have any of that.

Therefore regardless of the quality which is brought in to replace these boys it is going to be light years behind in terms of those other elements.

That is just the reality of picking from such a small pool of players unfortunately.

Oso

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2023, 07:06:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2023, 11:58:29 PMGreat to see so many interested posters worried about Antrim Camogie. It must be well supported and plenty of people involved helping out

Why always so condescending to posters discussing local gaa issues on a local gaa discussion board?

And yes I do support Camogie and would have attended more county Camogie matches than I've attended county matches in any other code over the last few years. Also helped at my local club until commitments changed and even helped briefly at county level when asked to help cover when someone was unavailable for a time.

You can take it as being condescending or you can take it that I'm surprised that it's that well supported outside of parents due to their kids playing...

Whatever the process has or not been used that's down to the committee that's in place, someone was asking them to step down! Who's going to step up?

I'm not surprised that you're surprised as I haven't seen you at any camogie matches, club or county.  Yet you feel the need to express your "surprise" about something you clearly haven't much insight into?  Aself proclaimed authority on everything GAA it seems.  But when you don't know what you don't know, well.....

So in the professional world of work, for instance. Two candidates interview for the same job, even though one of the candidates is already in the job and progressed the company in successive years and there appears to be no need for change.  The candidate already in the job hasn't even been asked to meet the board for a review and a plan going forward but instead finds out they have to interview for their job again. At the interview the other candidate lies about the tools they have at their disposal to do the job better.  They get the job ahead of the candidate already in the post. It is  immediately clarified after the interview that this candidate intentionally mislead the board and interview panel to get the job.

You obviously have never been in the professional world long, I've known plenty teachers who never got the job they were doing, very well also,  as someone else interviewed better on the day. Then to go on and never carry out the promises they made at the interview!

As for proclaiming I'm an authority? It's a GAA discussion board, a thread on Antrim matters, it's an opinion, if you don't like it, that's fine, but hiding behind the keyboard and calling people weasels? You're some 'man'

Poor analogy re locum temporary teaching posts. Poor analogy about carrying out the promises they made as that plays out over time rather than it being made public immediately afterwards that they deliberately misled the interview panel, not that they even had to as it was clearly a stitch up anyway.

I'm going to refer you to the collins dictionary definition of weasel again.  Exactly it's a forum on opinions, no need to be so condescending regarding other posters posts.   

Oso

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 30, 2023, 08:15:21 AMYeah cos selection processes in Antrim Gaa are run as they are in the corporate world ffs, what nonsense.

Yeah imagine applying principles and transparency, wouldnt catch Antrim at that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Oso on November 30, 2023, 09:46:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2023, 07:06:00 AM

Poor analogy re locum temporary teaching posts. Poor analogy about carrying out the promises they made as that plays out over time rather than it being made public immediately afterwards that they deliberately misled the interview panel, not that they even had to as it was clearly a stitch up anyway.

I'm going to refer you to the collins dictionary definition of weasel again.  Exactly it's a forum on opinions, no need to be so condescending regarding other posters posts.   

I'm condescending and you're the one hiding behind the computer calling people weasels .. You can refer me to any dictionary you want, the fact is you're a very angry person..

But I'm sure your brave enough to have a pop at them face to face ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

Anyone know how to get this match live rather than wait on deferred coverage? Apparently it should be on the tg4 app or player?

LC

Unless I am on the wrong page but the TG4 player is saying that due to rights restrictions this programme is not available in your area, confused.

BrendanAntrim

I'm watching it now via the app no problem. On my phone

BrendanAntrim

FĂ©ach seo / check this out from #TG4 https://bit.ly/3hqFU1j

imtommygunn

Quote from: LC on December 03, 2023, 02:30:12 PMUnless I am on the wrong page but the TG4 player is saying that due to rights restrictions this programme is not available in your area, confused.

Depends on device. Turn location services on. If it's a laptop not sure...

imtommygunn

Great win for cushendall. Tbh the scoreline flattered sn a bit. Paddy Burke some hurler and McLaughlin I think is the real deal. Some other great performances too and a lot of fight in them today.

Milltown Row2

Some experts had the Dall well beat!

SN done now

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2023, 04:34:24 PMSome experts had the Dall well beat!

SN done now

Yeah nobody is allowed an opinion. As you say that Slaughneil team is finished, very difficult for them to peak for games like that when half their team don't do much hurling throughout the year. O'Loughlin Gaels will be a step up again

Young McLaughlin has a Mageean final this Friday to play too for St Killians