Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2016, 09:27:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2016, 10:52:56 PM
So are they keeping the money for themselves ??

Anything wrong with querying why proper check's and balances are not applied Milltown? If I was doing the job of taking money at the gate, I'd demand that every sale was accounted for fear of people inferring some sort of nefarious goings on might be taking place.

To answer your question as best I can ...... Some individual(s) could well be making the most of the opportunity due to the lack of checks and balances ...... very tempting all that cash and no ticketing system for the wrong boy.

At your shop during the match I never got a receipt ...... I just asked the question
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Fair enough strawman  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

I hear if Loughgiel don't win their semi, the final is to be played in Boyle's field in Glenbush. Any truth?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2016, 03:47:54 PM
Fair enough strawman  :-\

Look we can all sneer at this and make assumptions, if there are  no receipts that people will take advantage of this.. I mean its happened in clubs the length and breadth of the county, think there was a recent one up the Glens was there not, so yes keeping a check on things is important...

Only very recently I heard of another reason to have these checks and balances in place within the GAA, I'm not for having a go at the guys who year in year out stand and take the money at the gates, and neither should anyone else to be fair, unless its been proven that they have fiddled the books..

so the next league club game I go to Dunloy / cushendall or Corrigan will I ask for a receipt ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Mr quite simply there should be receipts or tickets given out to club championship games. No one said they were fiddling the books. Counties are run as a business. Everything should be traceable so to not have this is shoddy in my view. Not by the individuals but as a whole. If you have them then no one can cast aspersions or perceive aspersions can be cast when they haven't.

When was the last time we knew the attendance of an antrim final? An accurate one.

Bonamargy

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 09, 2016, 11:14:24 AM
If i was to pick a winner i would go for loughgiel. They have more scoring threats all over the pitch and have the know how and ability to win a championship.
we were poor, very poor in fact, against ballycastle yet there was only 3 between the teams at the end. most of their scores were from frees and if im honest i though that BC were poor as well, they were just that bit less poor than us.

Would have to go for Cdall in the other game as ive been impressed with them this season despite missing Neil and Aaron for the most of the entire season they dont look to have missed them at all.

We beat you by 5 points. 1-18 to 1-13

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 09, 2016, 04:54:48 PM
Mr quite simply there should be receipts or tickets given out to club championship games. No one said they were fiddling the books. Counties are run as a business. Everything should be traceable so to not have this is shoddy in my view. Not by the individuals but as a whole. If you have them then no one can cast aspersions or perceive aspersions can be cast when they haven't.

When was the last time we knew the attendance of an antrim final? An accurate one.

At no point did I say you shouldn't... It's the sneers and snide remarks which are unwarranted... Simple solution would be to volunteer your services and you can tell us?? I jest, that's the usual response to a question at a club AGM

As for the attendance is that paying attendance or added in the mods and winks brigade and juveniles??

imtommygunn

Well all of the above would be nice...

keep her low this half

There was always a suspicion that county board underplayed the attendance at matches as the hosting club was due 10% of the gate back in the day ( not sure if that is still the case ).

theskull1

In other news
I see St Endas vs Rossa is this Sunday in the Minor Championship Semi Final
St Johns must have lost their appeal.

Jesusjones

15 minutes to throw in at Corrigan. About 200 people here. Rossa just took the field... Absolute silence.

Megaman

Well that was shite!!!!

theskull1

Sat 10 Sep 2016.    5 00 PM
Ruairí Óg.     1-24.    v.      1-17.     O`Donovan Rossa

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2016, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 10, 2016, 04:44:58 PM
15 minutes to throw in at Corrigan. About 200 people here. Rossa just took the field... Absolute silence.
No there wasn't absolute silence, sure I was talking to a man about the club centenary book.

Anyway, we were beaten by a better team but we could do without linesmen poking their noses in umpire business.

Was it wide ??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2016, 08:04:02 PM
From my vantage point of probably the worst position in the ground to be able to tell, it looked straight over the bar.

The free taker didn't argue or the Rossa line !!! Wasn't even close to be fair...