The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: dec on January 03, 2019, 10:20:54 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on January 03, 2019, 10:10:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2019, 09:56:46 PM
Deserved win for City. Showed tonight why they are still favourites for the title, you'd want to be brain dead to think otherwise.
Still 4 points clear, only important thing now is to beat Brighton nothing else matters now.
That'd be Paddy Power, Boylesports, Sky Bet and all the others I suspect.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

They all still have Liverpool as favourites
That was my point.

Capt Pat

Disappointing but at the start of December we were about to fall 4 points behind City then Origi got the winner in the last minute at Everton. Fast forward a month and we are 4 points clear. It can all change very quickly but for now I am happy.

I assume he rests van Dijk and Salah for the trip to Wolves in the cup as we have bigger fish to fry in the league and champions league.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 03, 2019, 10:23:59 PM
Disappointing but at the start of December we were about to fall 4 points behind City then Origi got the winner in the last minute at Everton. Fast forward a month and we are 4 points clear. It can all change very quickly but for now I am happy.

I assume he rests van Dijk and Salah for the trip to Wolves in the cup as we have bigger fish to fry in the league and champions league.

And the rest!

laoislad

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 03, 2019, 10:22:51 PM
Big match Brighton away on Sat 12th. City have Wolves at home on the Monday.
Pep said this week it's tough at the top.

Liverpool next 5 games
Brighton (A)
Palace (H)
Leicester (H)
West Ham (A)
Bournemouth (H)

City next 5 games.
Wolves (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Newcastle (A)
Arsenal (H)
Chelsea(H)

If we are still 4 clear when City go to play Arsenal and Chelsea it would be great.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2019, 10:21:05 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 03, 2019, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 03, 2019, 09:32:55 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 03, 2019, 09:10:48 PM
£65M keeper beaten at his near post??  What a complete Laois-bag!! ;D ;D

Who are you cheering for tonight? Cos you are watching the Champions regardless!  ;D

Surely nothing this bellend says surprises you?

Watched the full game, and bar the result, was a great battle played at a hectic pace. Too many below par performances from Liverpool players yet could have got something out of the game. A 2 horse race with a fairly sizable gap to 3rd.

2 points?

I meant at the end of the season Boycey.. Though there may only be 2 then too, who knows!

Milltown Row2

Rest Salah? He needs to get goals for his confidence. Pretty poor bar penalties this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2019, 10:23:12 PM
How they react now will be key. Getting beaten in this game doesn't fill me with confidence. Huge shift momentum wise towards City.

Today's 'quote of the day' in association with Sky Sports Main Event in glorious UHD

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2019, 10:41:42 PM

Rest Salah? He needs to get goals for his confidence. Pretty poor bar penalties this year

You haven't the first notion, have you ?

stiffler

Fancy city to kick on from here and go unbeaten rest of season.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 03, 2019, 10:43:36 PM

Look you're hurting it's fine, but if you think Salah is a player that needs resting then you are a fuckwit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2019, 10:52:01 PM

Look you're hurting it's fine, but if you think Salah is a player that needs resting then you are a fuckwit

Hurting over a football game ?? Just pointing out you haven't a clue, not that it needs pointed out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 03, 2019, 11:03:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2019, 10:52:01 PM

Hurting over a football game ?? Just pointing out you haven't a clue, not that it needs pointed out.

Haven't a clue? You need to explain to me why me saying he doesn't need a rest is me not having a clue? Other than that you've said nothing, but carry on

Puckoon

Tough loss for Liverpool. City really had to dig deep there and that was a different kind of performance from what you associate with them. Serious hard work when the chips were down and Liverpool were on the rise. Kompany could have seen red easily and that would have changed everything.

It will go down to the wire and should be great viewing for the neutral!

north_antrim_hound

Kompany lead with the studs and should have walked. Another ref bottles it when a big call is the right one. Man City played like a team who needed the win more and just about deserved it. If  Gomez or matip(yes even him) where on instead of Loveren then it's at least a draw. Still 4 up but it's how the players respond that dictates the rest of the season.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 03, 2019, 11:50:36 PM
Kompany lead with the studs and should have walked. Another ref bottles it when a big call is the right one. Man City played like a team who needed the win more and just about deserved it. If  Gomez or matip(yes even him) where on instead of Loveren then it's at least a draw. Still 4 up but it's how the players respond that dictates the rest of the season.

City player wrestled to the ground in the box, thought ref missed a few in the game tbh