Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 16, 2015, 03:26:54 PM
I see Benny saying in the Democrat today that if McCorry got a few of the old hands back on board next year he would give it another rattle. ???
I was talking to a few Warrenpoint players and spectators over the weekend about their game with the Bridge and they all mentioned how well Benny played.

Dubh driocht

It will be a late night alright but hopefully a worthwhile one. Not sure if Benny's views are that helpful or realistic. McCorry is stubborn and I can't see him changing tack at this stage. Benny retired, Kalum opted out, I've seen Marty play and he's not yet ready for IC football, Garvey should be there IMO but that's for McCorry. It was interesting that Benny didn't mention the one man I strongly believe should be recalled- Dan Gordon. I also think Ryan Mallon should be in there but I have a strong suspicion that the only change we are likely to see will be Pete Turley and Niall Madine in for Pete Fitz and Mark Poland.

ardtole

The week before the Derry game, Benny was in several newspapers looking for Gordon to be recalled and put in midfield. He was quoted as saying he is still the best midfielder in the county.

wobbller

As Kieran McGeeney hinted  last week. Ex players
have become sensationalist in their comments
on everything.

pauly2

Quote from: elk on June 16, 2015, 04:05:09 PM
I see Benny saying in the Democrat today that if McCorry got a few of the old hands back on board next year he would give it another rattle. ???
I was talking to a few Warrenpoint players and spectators over the weekend about their game with the Bridge and they all mentioned how well Benny played.
He wasn't too hot against Burren.  Lets move on from Benny - he was a great player and gave his all - but is it worth anything to us taking a 34 yr old back on board next season.  What is that saying to the current 20-23 yr olds within the county? We may be in the doldrums for a few years but will get there.  Thanks Benny for the memories - but I for one have moved on. 

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: pauly2 on June 17, 2015, 08:20:13 AM
Quote from: elk on June 16, 2015, 04:05:09 PM
He wasn't too hot against Burren.  Lets move on from Benny - he was a great player and gave his all - but is it worth anything to us taking a 34 yr old back on board next season.  What is that saying to the current 20-23 yr olds within the county? We may be in the doldrums for a few years but will get there.  Thanks Benny for the memories - but I for one have moved on.

That's great to hear pauly2. Its good that you can find it in your heart to finally let go and move on with your life. Heres hoping you find someone new and who will truly make you happy.

Gaa for life

I understand we are in a rebuilding stage at the minute but I think its vital that we have the experience and leadership quality's of some of the guys who are not on the panel at the minute. im all for bringing young lads through but Its important to get the right balance between youth and experience. ambrose dan and benny are an unbelievable loss to the squad. some one to steady the ship late in a game when players start to panic. even to come of the bench with 10/15mins to go would lift the players and the crowd. also we are badly stuck for a target man in the full forward line. madine has to be on the edge of the square for me. he offers an other option with his size and strength. the guys we have in there are good players but they are all to similar. 

snoopdog

Its rediculous that Down people travelling to this game havent been taken into consideration.
I live in Dublin so i only have half the distance you guys have.
On Accomodation i stayed in a wee B&B Called McGhees, ist above a bar. Its basic but cheap, clean and close to Town centre, just up the hill from Whites. If your staying over the undertakers is a great bar for a few pints.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: snoopdog on June 17, 2015, 10:52:59 AM

On Accomodation i stayed in a wee B&B Called McGhees, ist above a bar. Its basic but cheap, clean and close to Town centre, just up the hill from Whites. If your staying over the undertakers is a great bar for a few pints.

Let's just hope that Down GAA isn't staying below you!

Aristo 60

For this team to be reborn, first they must die.

wobbller

We're hardly dying. We got into Div1.
Wexford here I come! Move on and forget
about the past!

Hedgehunter

Fantastic win for Glenn tonite against Castlewellan, especially after last weeks drubbing.

Line Ball

I believe that Castlewellan have lost at least five players to the States in recent days.

Hedgehunter

It's that time of year I suppose, Glenn had a few missing aswell.. A great win nonetheless.

5 Sams

Another great win. Harps joint 2nd in the first division. What do you think of that Joe Brolly!!! :P :P
The Aristocrat Years