Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2016, 11:48:05 AM
The inequality in HK is off the scale. Median House prices are 90 times median earnings
Yep. Thank god I live in Ireland.  I studied hard, I worked hard and bought a lovely house

Walter Cronc

Saw flights from London - Bangkok - Hong Kong - London in October/November for just over 400. Despite a stopover in Dubai it sounds good to me!

armaghniac

In Hong Kong, they strike a gong, and fire off a noonday
gun: To reprimand each inmate who's in late

You can go to Statue Square, which has a statue of a Cross' man, as every major city should.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Boycey

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2016, 04:12:05 PM

You can go to Statue Square, which has a statue of a Cross' man, as every major city should.

He's a Leitrim man...

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2016, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2016, 04:12:05 PM

He's a Leitrim man...

Being born in a stable does not make you are horse.

Last Man

Heading to Kuala Lumpur for 5 days next week with work. have at least a day to ourselves to have a look around, anyone been there??

muppet

Quote from: Last Man on June 08, 2016, 12:37:30 PM
Heading to Kuala Lumpur for 5 days next week with work. have at least a day to ourselves to have a look around, anyone been there??

A few lads went over the years, never heard from any of them again.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

It isn't the most interesting city, but good for a couple of days. Food etc in Malaysia is reasonable value, although not as cheap now as when I first went there.

Last Man

Quote from: armaghniac on June 08, 2016, 03:05:08 PM

It isn't the most interesting city, but good for a couple of days. Food etc in Malaysia is reasonable value, although not as cheap now as when I first went there.

Just wondering. would hate to get home to hear someone say "I hope you went to see the ?????" Always feard I'm missing something lol and need an excuse to stay off the beer.

armaghniac

Quote from: Last Man on June 08, 2016, 05:13:19 PM

Just wondering. would hate to get home to hear someone say "I hope you went to see the ?????" Always feard I'm missing something lol and need an excuse to stay off the beer.

Petronas Towers?

Last Man

Quote from: armaghniac on June 08, 2016, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: Last Man on June 08, 2016, 05:13:19 PM

Petronas Towers?
Aye would be a shame not to stick my head round the door. hopefully a nice bar at the top lol

omaghjoe

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 15, 2016, 07:13:52 AM
Quote from: Longshanks on January 11, 2016, 10:20:22 AM
Booking a honeymoon at the moment, thinking of going to the Kuala Lumpur for 3 nights and then 10 nights in bali. Half up in the tradional area of Ubud and half down in a hotel near nusa dua beach. Woman is a bit dodgy flying Malaysia airlines because of obvious reasons although I figure now they would be secure than ever to fly with, cheaper too which I like.

Any thoughts? anyone been out there or recommend it?

Been to KL a few times Longshanks good spot but hot and humid.

The Petronas Towers are the obvious choice but go up KL tower and you'll actually be looking down on the Petronas towers. The park and shopping centre around the towers are worth a look too.

Food is deadly there, street food is the way to go, you cant miss it but in China town you'll be falling over it. There is also another area called Jalan Alor (I had to google it) that has tonnes of great street food

Visit little India too, along with the curries there is tonnes of breads cooked right in front of you. Roti Cheanni was my favourite great for breakfast. I got addicted to the Iced Limon (sic) Tea, its actually lime tea but lovely and cool great for the heat.

Dont bother with the ritzy areas they are a rip of shitty anyway.

There is multiple markets selling everything under the sun with ahem various quality levels, barter for everything of course. Also if you need to buy electronics there Malaysia has subsidies on them so they should be cheap.

Never been to Bali but I know a guy who lives there and loves it, was gonna visit a few years back and do the same trip as yerself but didnt work out.

This thread is annoying it has some good advice but you have to trawl through it

Walter Cronc

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 08, 2016, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on January 15, 2016, 07:13:52 AM
Quote from: Longshanks on January 11, 2016, 10:20:22 AM
Booking a honeymoon at the moment, thinking of going to the Kuala Lumpur for 3 nights and then 10 nights in bali. Half up in the tradional area of Ubud and half down in a hotel near nusa dua beach. Woman is a bit dodgy flying Malaysia airlines because of obvious reasons although I figure now they would be secure than ever to fly with, cheaper too which I like.

Any thoughts? anyone been out there or recommend it?

Been to KL a few times Longshanks good spot but hot and humid.

The Petronas Towers are the obvious choice but go up KL tower and you'll actually be looking down on the Petronas towers. The park and shopping centre around the towers are worth a look too.

Food is deadly there, street food is the way to go, you cant miss it but in China town you'll be falling over it. There is also another area called Jalan Alor (I had to google it) that has tonnes of great street food

Visit little India too, along with the curries there is tonnes of breads cooked right in front of you. Roti Cheanni was my favourite great for breakfast. I got addicted to the Iced Limon (sic) Tea, its actually lime tea but lovely and cool great for the heat.

Dont bother with the ritzy areas they are a rip of shitty anyway.

There is multiple markets selling everything under the sun with ahem various quality levels, barter for everything of course. Also if you need to buy electronics there Malaysia has subsidies on them so they should be cheap.

Never been to Bali but I know a guy who lives there and loves it, was gonna visit a few years back and do the same trip as yerself but didnt work out.

This thread is annoying it has some good advice but you have to trawl through it

Jeez what a bit of whinging!

oakleaflad

Thinking of booking a weekend away for myself and the other half. We would usually just book these in Ireland so wouldn't be overly well travelled. Any recommendations for a nice city to visit on the continent?

bannside

Rome. Best City in the world.