Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Jesus Subbie, that is a long trek with 2 wee ones. Where are u based - NZ or OZ....

Don't envy u one bit but hope you enjoy the stay at home - great time of year for ex pats to be back home again.

The Subbie

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 18, 2014, 11:21:28 PM
Jesus Subbie, that is a long trek with 2 wee ones. Where are u based - NZ or OZ....

Don't envy u one bit but hope you enjoy the stay at home - great time of year for ex pats to be back home again.

Oz.

All tips for long haul with kids the easy way greatfully received......

BennyCake

Can anyone recommend a website for booking accomodation? Planning a week in either Galway/Kerry this summer, and would prefer to book a house for a week. Any recommendations?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Subbie on April 19, 2014, 02:45:47 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on April 18, 2014, 11:21:28 PM

Oz.

All tips for long haul with kids the easy way greatfully received......
Chloroform and a rag. It's the way forward  ;D

bogball88

Heading to Albufeira at the end of July for 5 days  8) 8) 8) 8)
Anyone know of somewhere near the strip which is half decent at a good price?

AZOffaly

Corcovada apartments are nice. Short walk to the strip in new town Albufeira.

Christmas Lights

Anyone recommend any nice family hotels for a couple of days in County wicklow near the beach? Im think of the Bray area perhaps or if someone could recommend anywhere else in Wicklow?  Dont want to head too far away as have a young child so Wicklow looks like it could be a good compromise if its worth it.

bridgegael

was thinking of Druids Glen for a few nights. would it be ok for a yiung family?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

The Bearded One

Looking to book a hotel for a short family break, 2 or 3 nights. Needs to be somewhere in or around the midlands, certainly no further south than Portlaoise and must have a swimming pool.

Any ideas?
It is what it is. Presumably.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The_Beard on June 13, 2014, 01:36:12 PM
Looking to book a hotel for a short family break, 2 or 3 nights. Needs to be somewhere in or around the midlands, certainly no further south than Portlaoise and must have a swimming pool.

Any ideas?
Johnson house?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 07, 2014, 11:00:18 AM
Anyone recommend any nice family hotels for a couple of days in County wicklow near the beach? Im think of the Bray area perhaps or if someone could recommend anywhere else in Wicklow?  Dont want to head too far away as have a young child so Wicklow looks like it could be a good compromise if its worth it.
Girl in work was in Powerscourt a few weeks ago. Said it was something else! Not sure how family friendly it is though and from her description it sounds pricey!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 07, 2014, 11:00:18 AM

was thinking of Druids Glen for a few nights. would it be ok for a yiung family?

Stayed in Druids Glen near Bray last year - great spot, well kept, clean and tidy, brilliant for kids (games room, fun room, play room, pool, bike trails etc) - good for adults too - sit on high stool watching SS knowing kids are safe 40 yards down the corridor in one of the games rooms...expensive mind you but you pay for what you get...

bennydorano

French Air Traffic Controllers going on strike for 6 days from Tuesday f**king up flights for holidaymakers all over Europe including me >:( :'( Reading various things online, they reckon 50% of flights will be delayed or cancelled.

From a purely personal perspective I noticed my Ryanair flight is full (the only full flight to my destination that week), that is bound to be a big plus in our favour? What way do these things get sorted by airlines?

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on June 21, 2014, 07:50:40 PM
French Air Traffic Controllers going on strike for 6 days from Tuesday f**king up flights for holidaymakers all over Europe including me >:( :'( Reading various things online, they reckon 50% of flights will be delayed or cancelled.

From a purely personal perspective I noticed my Ryanair flight is full (the only full flight to my destination that week), that is bound to be a big plus in our favour? What way do these things get sorted by airlines?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10914302/French-air-traffic-controllers-vote-for-six-day-strike-next-week.html

This suggests a cut in capacity of 50%.

It is possible that at peak hours, early morning being the main one, that the airlines will be instructed to reduce the number of flights through French airspace by 50%. If your destination is not in France, but say Italy, expect a slot delay and a longer flight time, but no more.

If the destination is in France, keep a close eye on the airline's website. A full flight would likely be prioritised over a less full one, but if they expect massive delays in France, they might prefer the individual aircraft did a day's flying (4-8 flights) elsewhere rather than get stuck moving one or two full flights.

Where are you flying to?
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Perpignan. Same every year,  they're like the postmen at Christmas used to be here. Upping the ante this year the shower of cheese eating surrender monkey c***ts. I'll know one way or the other Monday (flying Friday).