Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Hi All, there seems to have been quite a few of you have been to the South of France. Could anyone recommend a good hotel for a couple in the Nice, Cannes, Eze, Monaco area? Its for a special occasion so am prepared to push the boat out a bit!!!! Thanks

bcarrier

Quote from: mackers on April 10, 2014, 04:48:17 PM
There was no loutish behaviour or anything like that. They're all there with their young children. No worse than I would have seen in Spain or Portugal to be fair. The early July thing would cut out any potential problems with teenagers/older children.

I would echo the early July thing. Not sure whether suitable with a baby but for old kids a supertent option at http://www.trevornick.co.uk/ near Newquay.

Padstow a nice day trip but lots of options in that area.

Rois

I've just booked a hotel in Nice for our "mini-moon" after doing lots of research.  I couldn't bear to spend silly money on hotels though.  Sounds like you might want to go for something a bit higher standard than we picked, but we're staying here:
http://www.hotelwindsornice.net/
If money was no object, I'd have loved the Boscolo Exedra or Hotel Negressco.

Under Lights

Looking somewhere to go in southern Ireland for a few days at the end of July.

Needs:
Have a child that will be 16 months old- need a pool, beach and other activities to entertain (zoo, playparks etc)
Have a wife that would like to browse around shops or boutiques

Thanks

seafoid

Quote from: Under Lights on April 11, 2014, 12:23:17 PM

Needs:
Have a child that will be 16 months old- need a pool, beach and other activities to entertain (zoo, playparks etc)

Thanks
This place is supposed to be good for kids
http://www.flynnhotels.com/Newpark_Hotel_Kilkenny
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gerrykeegan

Needs:

Thanks

Quality Hotel Clonakility, A real family hotel, Pool, indoor play area (toddler section) , outoor play area,(not suitable for the 16 month old)  Inchdoney beach about 2 miles down the road. Playground in the town also. Fota Wildlife would be about 1hour back towards Cork. Fota island is some spot if you could afford it.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 11, 2014, 12:47:11 PM

Needs:

Thanks

Quality Hotel Clonakility, A real family hotel, Pool, indoor play area (toddler section) , outoor play area,(not suitable for the 16 month old)  Inchdoney beach about 2 miles down the road. Playground in the town also. Fota Wildlife would be about 1hour back towards Cork. Fota island is some spot if you could afford it.

Second that. I was just there in March. Cinema on the grounds, Jungle Gym type thing for toddlers (ball pit etc), nice pool,  family friendly restaurants etc. Fota Island, Cork City etc within drivable distance, also there's a load of little attractions around west Cork, Rosscarberry etc. Wouldn;t be great for the shops now except for back into Cork, or little boutiques in Clon itself.

Under Lights

Looks brilliant that Gerry. Googlemaps gives me over a 5 hour drive time from Tyrone to it. Could be a bit too much for the wee one to be settled in the car for that length. Defiantly be looking into it and showing the Mrs.

Good work have yourself 200 Under Lights points.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Rois on April 11, 2014, 12:09:42 PM
I've just booked a hotel in Nice for our "mini-moon" after doing lots of research.  I couldn't bear to spend silly money on hotels though.  Sounds like you might want to go for something a bit higher standard than we picked, but we're staying here:

Following the advice I got, I too plumped for Nice.  Staying Thursday to Sunday, but haven't organised a hotel yet.  I haven't flew with Ryanair for 16 years but I booked them for this trip as the flight times were more suitable and they were so much cheaper than both Easyjet and Aer Lingus.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Rois on April 11, 2014, 12:09:42 PM

Could you give a review of the place when you get back Rois? Might be heading to Nice later in the year. Thanks.

J OGorman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 11, 2014, 12:50:20 PM

Needs:

Thanks

Second that. I was just there in March. Cinema on the grounds, Jungle Gym type thing for toddlers (ball pit etc), nice pool,  family friendly restaurants etc. Fota Island, Cork City etc within drivable distance, also there's a load of little attractions around west Cork, Rosscarberry etc. Wouldn;t be great for the shops now except for back into Cork, or little boutiques in Clon itself.

will third that, and a mighty breakfast in the morning. Great part of the world. Sam will be touring that part of the world at the end of September ;-)

gerrykeegan

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 11, 2014, 12:50:20 PM

Needs:

Thanks

AZ Did you get to play the crazy golf in Roscarberry? I have never seen anything like it. I thought i had finished  the first hole only to discover the ball had gone down the hole and off on to another fairway. It took us about two hours to play!  There was a raft in the middle of it you had to get on to get to the next hole.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

Didn't Gerry, we were only down for a few days. Could easily have stayed longer.

Milltown Row2

Off first thing tomorrow, Tenerife, all inclusive so well try and limit my food and drink intake.......... not!!

Enjoy your holidays posters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Subbie

Just booked flights back home for 3 1/2 weeks in September!

Plus points, been at home for the Monaghan blues festival, hurling AI & football AI

Minus points, 2 x 30 hour journeys with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old  :o

Can't wait though!